Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? (16850 Views)

Please Help! I Need Advice With My Certificates. / All My Certificates From Primary School To Masters (Msc) Stolen From Me / 10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Topmaike007(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
hi my fellow nairalander,i am currently in college of education now but have a goal of serving(NYSC) after my degree,by then i will be almost 30 in which is the maximum age for service,and i will not be eligible to go because of age.
so now i am planning to change my age, write another olevel exam,get another birth certificate and probably another jamb.
the question now is that will it not affect the certificate i will be given in college of education in case i want to combine the both I.e N.C.E and B.S.C in the near future to work?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Partnerbiz3: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
Topmaike007:
hi my fellow nairalander,i am currently in college of education now but have a goal of serving(NYSC) after my degree,by then i will be almost 30 in which is the maximum age for service,and i will not be eligible to go because of age.
so now i am planning to change my age, write another olevel exam,get another birth certificate and probably another jamb.
the question now is that will it not affect the certificate i will be given in college of education in case i want to combine the both I.e N.C.E and B.S.C in the near future to work?

Pls get a exemption letter. .it serves same purpose.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Topmaike007(m): 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Pls get a discharge cert. .it serves same purpose.
thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by buygala(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2017
If you really need to have a new age, then be ready to start from scratch.

It's in your best interest that all your certificates have uniform date of birth and other details...

How will you explain to a prospective employer that you acquired your NCE before you acquired your WASSC... or how your college of education details show you were born in 1989 while your later certificates show you were born in 1995.

As per the guy who is advising the OP to get a discharge certificate... OP, please don't mind him.. he doesn't fully understand what you are talking about... I guess he just commented based on the first paragraph of your comment smiley

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by KingLennon(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2017
The guy above me has answered your question. Meanwhile:

Wife: Honey where's the remote?
Husband: Manchester united
Wife: What does that mean?
Husband: At the top of the table grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by justi4jesu(f): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by bedspread: 7:37am On Aug 20, 2017
OP, THE TRUTH IS DT DOING DT MIGHT ADVANCE YOU, BUT WILL RUIN U FROM MAKING HEAVEN....

WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ITS IN YOUR COURT, MAKE YOUR CHOICE

6 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Chidimercy: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2017
don't knw
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by kelvyn7: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2017
just wondering why someone will combine NCE & Bsc.
When Oga dey around, boys go sit down.
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by lifezone247(m): 7:38am On Aug 20, 2017
kelvyn7:
just wondering why why someone will combine NCE & Bsc.
me just wondering why why will someone change his age sef?

2 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by brightleave(m): 7:38am On Aug 20, 2017
Why not, if not? I beg make una load me some likes as today na my birthday.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by StateNews: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2017
okay
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:39am On Aug 20, 2017
Who NYSC help? Pls don't stress yourself. Get exemption cert.

1 Like

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by jiggaz(m): 7:39am On Aug 20, 2017
I think getting an NYSC Exemption certificate is better than going through that stress. It serves the same purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Akainzo(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2017
Topmaike007:

Question is, why do you want to start life based on lies? It won't end well and there would be too many lies required to cover for this age ones.

Remember, one never knows tomorrow, and what it entails. Your classmates aren't all gonna change ages too and your Captain / Prefect would remember your age.

Don't be another Dino!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2017
Get a discharge certificate instead or stooping low like our politicians. Make your path straight, Change begins with you cool

2 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by bedspread: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2017
brightleave:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by ikejona57(m): 7:41am On Aug 20, 2017
it can..
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by AgentOfAllah: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2017
It will make you an age cheat and a criminal!
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Femistico(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Just because you want to change ur age bracket see wat you want to go through... Nawa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2017

You really need to change your age but not because of Nysc but because most employers don't like to employ individuals 30 and above with zero work experience some don't even employ 28 and above.

Except you plan to be an entrepreneur/business man change that age.

9 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by luckyjoshua9233: 7:43am On Aug 20, 2017
Topmaike007:
I'm a kinda facing same problem now
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by muller101(m): 7:46am On Aug 20, 2017
brightleave:
na every day u de celebrate ur birthday ni
Abi u Don change date too?

7 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by muller101(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2017
Op go ahead no problem. But post ur name , and ur real date of birth let's see. Add ur state as well. This thread should have been in the crime section

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by deepwater(f): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2017
Op whatever you are doing, please appear to graduate at under 24 years old.

That seems to be the only way to access Interview sections.

Very soon they might have to introduce the usage of MRI scan and carbon dating during Nigerian interviews undecided

3 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by stolaonipekun: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2017
u are exposing something your self why not talk too some one close too u
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2017
Topmaike007:

So you want to change your age because of NYSC.

Have you considered life after NYSC?

NOTE.- Overage candidates always gets Letter from NYSC, and it's recognize by every organization in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by easzypeaszy(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2017
To me it depends on how u present ursef...

I graduated 2012 n finish servce 2014..i was 25
As times goes on i discvr sh** jst getin real so i decide to rewrite WAEC n slash d age by 4yrs..who i send or hw am i guilty cuz even baba buhari reduce him age..so i bounce..
I was in an intrview n d guy looked at me like dude u cant be 26..wht happened to ur old Olevel..i answered and said bross..dt one don old..so i decide to bring u d required age..and am jst 2yrs older..wetin concern me...
Am currntly workin der...nawa fr una oooo
Lol...even if u show up ur real age dey stil dout it

6 Likes

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by TourismMan(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2017
jiggaz:
I think getting an NYSC Exemption certificate is better than going through that stress. It serves the same purpose.

FromZeroToHero:
Who NYSC help? Pls don't stress yourself. Get exemption cert.

So they say but at the end now, employers will emphasize on NYSC discharged certificate without giving consideration to exemption letter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Martin0(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2017
Evaberry:

You really need to change your age but not because of Nysc but because most employers don't like to employ individuals 30 and above with zero work experience some don't even employ 28 and above.

Except you plan to be an entrepreneur/business man change that age.

U seegrin
Una eh chaii
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by AtkinsPlanet(m): 8:12am On Aug 20, 2017
Correct DOB matters in anything.
Re: Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? by Djbush: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2017
Will corruption ever end in Nigeria? What you are about to do is called "premeditated crime" and it falls under forgery!

I'm really surprised with the number of people here urging you on. Later, you will blame the police of corruption. Mchew!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Theft, Sex Scandal : LASU To Sack Six Lecturers / Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) / Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.