Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up (2310 Views)

Burna Boy: I Haven’t Been This Sick In Years / Comedian Princess Finally Opens Up On Why Her Marriage Lasted Only Two Weeks / Juliana Olayode Aka "Toyo Baby" Finally Opens Up On Beef With Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by TheHerald: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
American rapper and father of three, JAY-Z, has in a recent interview opened up on his beef with father of two and fellow rapper, Kanye West.

Recall that both parties were reported to have split after a Tidal money sharing formula started their feud leading to Kanye West’s withdrawal from the recent father of twins.

Speaking during a recent interview with Rap Radar’s host, Elliot Wilson and Brian “B,Dot” Miller, the 47 year old rapper while discussing on the “Kill Jay Z” track off his latest album, 4:44 said he was talking to himself on the track.

Recall that the track had caused controversies online and amongst fans as several had maintained the track was aimed at Kanye.

Jay Z on the track had said: “I know people backstab you, I feel bad too/ But this ‘f— everybody’ attitude ain’t natural/ But you ain’t the same, this ain’t KumbaYe/ But you got hurt because you did cool by ‘Ye/ You gave him 20 million without blinkin’/ He gave you 20 minutes on stage, f— was he thinkin’?/ ‘F— wrong with everybody?’ is what you sayin’/ But if everybody’s crazy, you’re the one that’s insane.”

While speaking during the chat with Rap Radar however, the American rapper said: “It’s not even about a Kanye diss. It’s not a diss, I’m talking to myself the whole time.”

JAY Z however revealed that some of Kanye’s comments hurt his woman, Beyonce in the past. He said: “You got hurt, because this guy was talking about you on a stage,” in reference to Kanye’s infamous Sacramento concert rant last year.

He added: “But what really hurt me, you can’t bring my kid or my wife into it. … We’ve gotten past bigger issues, but you brought my family into it, now it’s a problem with me.”

“You know it’s a problem because me and him would have been talked about it, been resolved our issues. And he knows crossed the line. He knows. And I know he knows. ‘Cause we’ve never let this much space go between one of our disagreements and we’ve had many. That’s part of who we are.”

“Don’t talk about anyone’s kid on stage. Our children are already in this place where they’re affected by our celebrity. Don’t go and do something that’ll allow people to pit us against each other. Don’t do that.”

Kanye West had at the Sacramento concert last year said: “JAY-Z, call me, bruh. You still ain’t calling me. JAY-Z, call me. Aye, bruh, I know you got killers. Please don’t send them at my head. Just call me. Talk to me like a man.”

Share with friends:

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/havent-spoken-kanye-west-years-jay-z-finally-opens/#0I4DVFeBEw1AFqSw.99
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by YhubieIsidore(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
That's hurting

Bad one kanye
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Ahmed0336(m): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
YhubieIsidore:
That's hurting

Bad one kanye
Bad what? Kanye is one of the most straight forward and honest dude. Tell me who is with jay from day one and is still with him? D. Dash? Camron? D list is endless.
Jay knows just one thing to use and dump thats GAY Z for u

4 Likes

Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Greatzeus(m): 11:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
This is the life we choose,where friends become foes,and your doe will get you killed quicker than you know....Nas(Life we choose).
@Op,you quoting those lines like Jay wrote them please undecidedthat guy can't write a bar even if his life depended on it, nevertheless he is a great artist with great business acumen. He understood the business part of rap music and he used it well.
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 20, 2017
Ahmed0336:

Bad what? Kanye is one of the most straight forward and honest dude. Tell me who is with jay from day one and is still with him? D. Dash? Camron? D list is endless.
Jay knows just one thing to use and dump thats GAY Z for u
True. But kanye is fvcked up. He needs to know it's all a biz and not expecting brotherhood. He needs to rid his mind of the dream he had of Kim and Beyonce being besties, going shopping and the kids hanging out. That ish would never happen and for once I understand with Jay. He's a bizman and there's what he wants associated with his brand.
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 20, 2017
Why would Jay-Z take that psycho serious??
I guess dude haavnt recovered from his rehab..

Kanye is a Nigerian version of hushpuppi...ccraving for unnneccesary attentions..
Look at his dressings.. undecided undecided dude wears rags in the name of swag..

Though I love his raps and rhymes...but honestly dude is a psycho...and doesn't and shouldn't have anything in comon with mr Carter.. cool
Infact how da f*ck did Jay z f*ck with this guy angry
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Ahmed0336(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2017
ismokeweed:

True. But kanye is fvcked up. He needs to know it's all a biz and not expecting brotherhood. He needs to rid his mind of the dream he had of Kim and Beyonce being besties, going shopping and the kids hanging out. That ish would never happen and for once I understand with Jay. He's a bizman and there's what he wants associated with his brand.
and jay is yet to pay him his 20mil he owes K. West for ye using tidal during his life of pablo tour all in d name of brotherhood. What abt when kanye dissed himself buy embarrassing Taylor swift just because of Beyonce all in d name of brotherhood? When kim got robbed all jay could do was call despite living in d same city is dat what u call brotherhood? K.west just got used and dumped thats all i can see

3 Likes

Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Ahmed0336(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2017
Greatzeus:
This is the life we choose,where friends become foes,and your doe will get you killed quicker than you know....Nas(Life we choose).
@Op,you quoting those lines like Jay wrote them please undecidedthat guy can't write a bar even if his life depended on it, nevertheless he is a great artist with great business acumen. He understood the business part of rap music and he used it well.
Just like wayne most time jay don't write he just freestyles
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ahmed0336:
and jay is yet to pay him his 20mil he owes K. West for ye using tidal during his life of pablo tour all in d name of brotherhood. What abt when kanye dissed himself buy embarrassing Taylor swift just because of Beyonce all in d name of brotherhood? When kim got robbed all jay could do was call despite living in d same city is dat what u call brotherhood? K.west just got used and dumped thats all i can see
Lol. No one sent Kanye to go on stage. And you missing the point. Jay is not looking for brotherhood. It's business. Kanye is the one looking for what's not on offer. If he's owing him, he should go and ask him rather than ranting on stage. Someone didn't come for your wedding, his wife shunned your wife's hug, he doesn't allow his kid hang out with yours, how else does he tell you he doesn't want friendship? I'm more of a kanye fan. But he's fvcked up in the head. Classic narcissism.
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
krattoss:
Why would Jay-Z take that psycho serious??
I guess dude haavnt recovered from his rehab..

Kanye is a Nigerian version of hushpuppi...ccraving for unnneccesary attentions..
Look at his dressings.. undecided undecided dude wears rags in the name of swag..

Though I love his raps and rhymes...but honestly dude is a psycho...and doesn't and shouldn't have anything in comon with mr Carter.. cool
Infact how da f*ck did Jay z f*ck with this guy angry
Ye is really talented. But with talent comes issues. Dude got over-high on his hype. Jay wants to model his life devoid of craziness. Black excellence bla bla. Ye married someone whose sextape is still on internet. It's certainly allowed as there are no saints. But Jay and Bey have a right to say they don't want any part of that Kardashian parade. Jay fvcked with him cos he's mad talented and brought big bucks. That's business.
Re: Why I Haven’t Spoken To Kanye West In Years – Jay Z Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
ismokeweed:

Ye is really talented. But with talent comes issues. Dude got over-high on his hype. Jay wants to model his life devoid of craziness. Black excellence bla bla. Ye married someone whose sextape is still on internet. It's certainly allowed as there are no saints. But Jay and Bey have a right to say they don't want any part of that Kardashian parade. Jay fvcked with him cos he's mad talented and brought big bucks. That's business.
and now look what's come out of it undecided

(1) (Reply)

Malaysian Big Boy, Investor BJ, Buys Five Iphone 8 Phones Worth N2.3m (pics) / How True Is This Picture Shared By Desmond Elliot? (pic) / Omotola's Altar Ego: Deleted Scenes You Will Love To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.