Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509085 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by karyna123: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
HI, I have a worry. I sent my passport to Ghana 2 weeks ago, and received a notification on my email that I have a message in my EE profile.
That was on the 8th, but I' yet to see the message in my profile. Is this something to worry about or should I contact CIC? if yes, how do I contact them? I would appreciate your response. Thanks

40manlappy:
E-family, please can we all refrain from quoting long posts i.e. "epistles"?

It makes the thread longer. Besides, vital information may be missed by those seeking it.

Rather than quote the whole "epistle" just to respond to someone, one or two lines will do. We can also just mention the moniker/username of the person that we want to respond to and he/she will be notified.

Thanks in advance for our expected cooperation.

cc: Bimpsy99, MummyJaygirls, GlitteringStar, justwise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by karyna123: 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
HI, I have a worry. I sent my passport to Ghana 2 weeks ago, and received a notification on my email that I have a message in my EE profile.
That was on the 8th, but I' yet to see the message in my profile. Is this something to worry about or should I contact CIC? if yes, how do I contact them? I would appreciate your response. Thanks

TBDL:

Congrats!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kotansibe(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
My people, thanks to everyone for the good work here. I took IELTS on 19th August and result was L7 S8 W7.5 R7. But using the CRS checker, just 1 point difference in Listening score gives a gap of more than 50. Am I getting something wrong? This result seems to be useless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
Kotansibe:
My people, thanks to everyone for the good work here. I took IELTS on 19th August and result was L7 S8 W7.5 R7. But using the CRS checker, just 1 point difference in Listening score gives a gap of more than 50. Am I getting something wrong? This result seems to be useless.

Lol @useless. grin grin

That is the reason why it is advisable to score a minimum of 8 in Listening and 7 in RSW. IELTS is a great CRS score booster. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Kotansibe:

Your conclusion is very on point unless u request a remark and ur score is upgraded but meanwhile, register for another exam and aim for 8777 in LRWS. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
Diaaaana:

Thanks Calfy
His score was CRS 410, his IELTS was L 8.5, R 8.5, S 7.5 and W7.
Mine was L8, R7, S7 and W 6.5
He's 37 and I'm 33. He's an engineer and works with an oil company with 10 years experience. I run my own business. Non of us have a masters degree.

Any help will be appreciated.
You should rewrite ur ielts unless its still under 6 weeks then u can request a remark. Once u get ur 8777 u have to be d PA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
5Kay:

LOL...then you mustve had help to end up geting 8.5.

Divine help it is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
Remxyj:

@winter: My case is similar to yours. I had my baby a week to when ppr mail came in so what I did was to figure out my VO which is Ottawa so I mailed them cos the mail states i must notify them before sending down my passport so I mailed them and I attached a copy of her birth certificate just to show that I just had the baby a week earlier and I was gonna notify them. In the process of waiting for their reply I went ahead to have her int'l passport expressly done as well as her medicals. I also raised a CSE and attached her documents that I have available and also I put a cal thru to Ottawa; the agent was very helpful and he acknowledged receipt of my mail. A place holder will be created for your baby where you will be asked to upload her passport, birth certificate, additiona family information form and so on. You will then submit and make payment for the baby's application. Then she will be added and given a UCi number. I was told the first ppr mail will be cancelled and a new mail will be sent so I can send the baby's passport with mine and that of my husby.
Note: My own passport as not been stamped my baby came before PPR mail. Then for medicals I will recommend "The children practice in ikoyi" the give preferential treatment to new born. You won't have to queue. I hope you find this helpful. Best of luck.

I remember when u were worried that they hadn't replied u, thank God for u. Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
flyboi1:

oh ok, i chose bsc or 3yrs study and above(something like that sha)

@kissoflife
i had LRSW 8, 6.5 8, 7
right amount of funds was selected.

i guess i shuld create a dummy application wit 8777 and see what happens.

This ur 6.5 is d culprit maybe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 12:15am On Sep 13, 2017
flyboi1:

No solution yet.

Would really appreaciate that.
you dey?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jojolet: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2017
Hello all.

Has anyone noticed that the option for 2 or more certs which gives 9 points is no longer available under spouse ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gogedda: 7:29am On Sep 13, 2017
Good morning house, please i need to ask a question. My 2 certificates (Bsc and Msc) doesn't have my middle name in it. It only has my surname and first name. Pls note that my passport and other docs have my middle name in it. Can I submit it like that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by billy: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2017
No worries @gogedda. Not anything to bother on. Fire on

gogedda:
Good morning house, please i need to ask a question. My 2 certificates (Bsc and Msc) doesn't have my middle name in it. It only has my surname and first name. Pls note that my passport and other docs have my middle name in it. Can I submit it like that?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2017
Okay Thank you! Will go back to read up.
Abby2017:
If I get your question right, you are asking to know if he should apply alone or not.
He can't apply as single if he is legally married to you, neither can you do so, you are married. Either of you can be the principal applicant(depending on your profile) and the other will be part of the application as an accompanying or non-accompanying spouse/dependant. Being married or single does not affect your chances of success.
Read page 0 of this thread for general overview.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 13, 2017
cochtrane:

you dey?

boss, Nepa no gree me dey oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2017
gogedda:
What abt on ur ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gogedda: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2017
ECA has only my Surname and first name, No middle name... IQAS used what was on my transcript and certificate.

elfmann:

What abt on ur ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ferfer(m): 8:54am On Sep 13, 2017
Bankole1790:

While thanking you wholeheartedly,I hope the materials will be enough for me to have my desired scores.And if there is any other thing I still need like practicing disks etc kindly tell me.Thanks once again.

Send a request via your e-mail to this address - lwrs9999@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2017
Hiya, I'm taking the ielts around the same time. Kindly send to my email too. Hushbaby_101@yahoo.com

Thank you.

smslive2:
Sent

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2017
gogedda:

Same boat here. You can still submit it that way.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by oluphilip2008(f): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2017
Hello house

Could there be another draw today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2017
Sent

Abbylee:
Hiya, I'm taking the ielts around the same time. Kindly send to my email too. Hushbaby_101@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2017
oluphilip2008:
Hello house

Could there be another draw today?

Baba, THERE WILL BE A DRAW TODAY. I am patiently waiting for it. I also hope it will be less than 430. Since there was a draw last week, my guess is that if there is indeed a draw today, it will be lower than the last CRS

NB: The above was only said in faith as there is not much data to prove this but like I told Cochtrane last week, I went through the trend of ITAs issued this year and it supports this a bit. For the months that have had three draws(Jan, April and August) with May being the exception, the second draw is usually one week after the first draw.

So faith put into works that there will be a draw today.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2017
gogedda:
ECA has only my Surname and first name, No middle name... IQAS used what was on my transcript and certificate.

I think you need to swear an affidavit and include it there, so that you can include it while filling out IRCC forms.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2017
I sent my MSc (UK university) certificate to WES and there was no problem. Sent my Bsc(Ghanaian university) transcripts to which WES said they have contacted the school and the school has not responded. I contacted the school and was told they did not get any message from WES. Just sent my Bsc certificate recently.

WES said the institution has not responded to their message but the school denied it.

I have sent an email to WES which they did not respond to, just sent a fax to WES today and will like to know what else I can do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2017
flyboi1:

boss, Nepa no gree me dey oh

this is priceless! Just reminded me of an exercise on SWOT analysis we did early in my career and one girl put Nigeria as her threat to achieving her dreams.
I just thought of all the factors that have been grouped together into Nigeria to make it a threat. Nepa, ASUU, Government etc......

Just had to laugh at your nepa no gree me dey oh. We Nigerians all understand this.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2017
12go:
I sent my MSc (UK university) certificate to WES and there was no problem. Sent my Bsc(Ghanaian university) transcripts to which WES said they have contacted the school and the school has not responded. I contacted the school and was told they did not get any message from WES. Just sent my Bsc certificate recently.

WES said the institution has not responded to their message but the school denied it.

I have sent an email to WES which they did not respond to, just sent a fax to WES today and will like to know what else I can do.
Why did u involve ur B. Sc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2017
elfmann:

Why did u involve ur B. Sc?
I was advised to include it because I did different courses for my Bsc and Msc though I saw that attesting to the highest qualification is better.

Was hard to retract it so I had to go ahead with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2017
12go:

I was advised to include it because I did different courses for my Bsc and Msc though I saw that attesting to the highest qualification is better.

Was hard to retract it so I had to go ahead with it.
You were wrongly advised. Worry both the Ghanaian sch and WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2017
elfmann:

You were wrongly advised. Worry both the Ghanaian sch and WES.

How can I worry WES? I can disturb the school.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2017
philip3:

this is priceless! Just reminded me of an exercise on SWOT analysis we did early in my career and one girl put Nigeria as her threat to achieving her dreams.
I just thought of all the factors that have been grouped together into Nigeria to make it a threat. Nepa, ASUU, Government etc......

Just had to laugh at your nepa no gree me dey oh. We Nigerians all understand this.

SWOT analysis wink

Are you a Business Management graduate? cool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 13, 2017
12go:

How can I worry WES? I can disturb the school.
Tell them to resend to ur Alma mater and hang on the latter's neck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.