Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506954 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by incredibledude: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2017
Congrats to all those that have gotten their ITA and COPR

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2017
elfmann:

And God will bless her.
abi na Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2017
bbaby84:

Rotfl
That one tire me most! Lmao
characters in this hood en lmao
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jummolami: 7:40am On Sep 19, 2017
Is it undergraduate or post graduate.

DEEAJA:

Good day House!

I and my husband registered with WES for assessment since Aug 2016. I got my own assessment Dec 2016. He is yet to get his assessment. The status still shows "Awaiting verification from Institution". He has gone to his alma mata (Uni Ibadan) to follow-up and he ensured those in charge responded but the status still remains the same. WES still claims not have received confirmation from Uni Ibadan. Please what do you think he can do as this is delaying us from creating EE profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by incredibledude: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2017
Big Congrats Fola. Please I sent you an email. Would love to make some enquires from your experience. Kindly respond. Thanks
folamingo:
Hi guys, finally application approved, COPR and Visas on hand. The journey came with its delays, from waiting to get medical passed to BG status changing to IP2 and the wait for the Golden email to the finally getting passports on hand but God saw us through it all. Hallelujah!

Initially the journey started with an application to SNP in December 2016, because we never thought that the draws will fall below 450 (which nobody anticipated following earlier trends). Lo and behold, 2017 ushered in a new dawn and we are grateful to God and scores dropped like the walls of jerico (those that knew scores in 2015/2016 will understand) and there it was ITA. I immediately withdrew the SNP application and commenced gathering of documents.

Areas that gave me sleepless nights:

1. Marriage certificate uploaded was a black and white photocopy (for some weird reason I was worried it wasn't uploaded in color) and Rank/Profession discrepancy, thanks to the registry. angry

2. Used 90% gift deed from father with proper letter of explanation and supporting documents.

3. GTB Bank statement were in black and white except front and back pages that had stamps (reason for this was to shrink the document to fit 4MB as the statement was voluminous)....and I used gift deed....I know right. grin

But at the end of the day....the rest is history!!!

The timeline goes thus:

Family size -----------------------Principal + 4 dependants
ITA ------------------------------- 22 Feb
AOR - ---------------------------- 11 Apr
Meds passed -------------------- 14 June
BGC: IP1 --- ---------------------15 June
BGC: NA ------------------------- 19 June
ADR(1) -------------------------- 12 July - Schedule A (IMM5669) - PA .... I submitted 13th July
ADR(2) -------------------------- 17 July - Schedule A (IMM5669) - Spouse.....I submitted 18 July
BGC: IP 2 ----------------------- 27 July
PPR------------------------------- 4 Aug (Email received Aug 5 - 4.41am.....i saw d email 8am)
Passports sent to Accra --------- 7 Aug
Delivered ------------ ------------9 Aug
Additional Passport Request ----18 Aug
Passport sent to Accra - -------- 18 Aug
Delivered------------------------- 21 Aug
Application Approved-------------31 Aug
Pick up mail sent -----------------11 Sep (mysteriously it was sent to my spouse's email after sending mails and calling) undecided
COPR & VOH ----------------------15 Sep

AOR - PPR - 116 days
PPR - COPR - 42 days ....delayed partly because I did not send my kids US passport initially (sent only data color page), they later requested for it which you saw in the timeline and also Pick up mail wasn't sent out the next day.

Canny Land here we come.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2017
Congratulations to all the Copr, PPR, ITA recipients

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tonyik: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for the post. Some of us with estimated CRS of 415 are still hoping. Wish i can see get advise on house to ace TEF, dat will give extra 30 points.

Algbenguze:
LONG POST ALERT!

From my observation, CRS cut-offs are usually determined mainly by the draw size and then interval btwn draws and to a lesser extent the number of candidates in the EE pool.
The reason the cut off recently didn't really drop as anticipated, even when we had up to 3 draws in August, was because of the relatively smaller draw sizes. The closer draw intervals were offset by the decrease in sizes.
Let's see some figures:
The last 4 (Aug-Sept) draw sizes were 3264, 2991, 3035 & 2772 (twice below 3k) ITAs with CRS of 441, 433, 434 and 435 respectively.
Now compare that with April draw sizes of 3753, 3923 and 3665 with CRS of 431, 423 & 415 respectively.
Let's see also May with similar draw sizes of 3796, 3687 & 3877 with CRS of 423, 415 & 413 respectively.
Another factor is that the number of EE pool candidates has increased from an average of 50k in Apr-May to abt 58k averagely nowadays- more competition. Now you see why cut-off no gree drop further ba?
Sorry about the long post, just thought I should do a little analysis.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2017
rossferno:

Thanks for this. I have researched on the subject with no clarity. Other financial professional should please advise. Really need to make the decision quickly.

May be a better option is to move the money into fixed deposit in a bank.

ARM Money Market is okay for proof of funds and it is very liquid. you can withdraw with a maximum of 48hrs notice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2017
uptown17:

Isnt it money market fund/ mutual funds ? Cos on CIC website you can use Mutual funds. Also assuming you wana liquidate a part of the funds, how soon will ARM credit your bank account?

ARM Money Market is okay for proof of funds and it is very liquid. you can withdraw with a maximum of 48hrs notice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:30am On Sep 19, 2017
Good morning my "Canadian" neighbours!!! in Eddie Murphy's voice :-)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2017
DereI:

Both
Hello DereI,

If you are still interested in a study partner for the upcoming IELTS exam hit me up at jjfaargo@gmail.com.
I reside in the same location as you too.

Regard,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Okay. Thanks for the info.

Hello Osemigho,

Did you still go with ICES option in getting your ECA as I remember you making enquiry on it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 10:08am On Sep 19, 2017
ctrlunlimited:
Hello DereI,

If you are still interested in a study partner for the upcoming IELTS exam hit me up at jjfaargo@gmail.com.
I reside in the same location as you too.

Regard,

Am preparing for IELTS but am yet to register. Am in Port Harcourt. Any whatapp group? let me know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2017
MRSDA:

According to the movie script, im supposed to reply like **** but i'll just say- "Hello MRSDA", how are you today? grin

Make the sunday war no repeat hinself cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tdadz: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2017
Please I need clearification on my current WES status: See pic attached. At a time i got the notification that my documents has been sent for verification b4 it turned to this one. I'm a good to go or I need to call WES?
Also when does one get the ECA? Is it sent via post to n address?
Thanks in anticipation of ur response....

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2017
Tdadz:
Please I need clearification on my current WES status: See pic attached. At a time i got the notification that my documents has been sent for verification b4 it turned to this one. I'm a good to go or I need to call WES?

soft copy of your ECA would be sent to your email and hard copy to the address you specified. The soft comes first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Tdadz:

its most likely they've received a response from your institution. If so, you'll get a new update with an ETA (evaluation completion date) which is 20 days or less.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I have been following this thread for sometime now and have really learnt alot. I would like to hear your thoughts on mine and hubby's profile and the best route to take to increase our chances.
My profile :
Degree: BSc & MSc in Anatomy
ECA: ongoing with WES
IELTS: RSLW 9, 7.5, 7.5, 6.5
Please do you think I should rewrite the IELTS or apply for a remark of the writing? This is the lowest I have ever scored in writing. My previous scores were 8 in academic writing and general.

Spouse's profile :
Degree: RN & BSc Nursing
IELTS: RSLW 6, 7, 5.5, 7

I plan to be principal applicant and want to try the Nova Scotia PNP. Please gurus in the house advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omojegzy: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2017
Please i need clarification as regards WES. I have Bachelor of nursing Science in Nigeria Uni, am not sure of the type of education to select for the required documents for WES.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:12am On Sep 19, 2017
MRSDA:

Hey 'bless' you!!! And then u respond "Yes, yes, 'bless' you too"!
No be 4 my mouth dem go hear french *winks*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2017
enocoded4life:
Hello everyone, I have been following this thread for sometime now and have really learnt alot. I would like to hear your thoughts on mine and hubby's profile and the best route to take to increase our chances.
My profile :
Please do you think I should rewrite the IELTS or apply
for a remark of the writing? This is the lowest I have ever scored in writing. My previous scores were 8 in academic writing and general.

Spouse's profile :

I plan to be principal applicant and want to try the Nova Scotia PNP. Please gurus in the house advice. Thanks

Good day. I think you should go for remark for both listening and writing. From previous thread the recommended score for listening is 8 and above. And your writing 7 and above. The gurus will still answer you. Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2017
Apply for EOR if your ielts is not more than 6weeks old after you received you results. Or you can as well rewrite the ielts to aim for LRSW: 8777.

enocoded4life:
My profile :
Please do you think I should rewrite the IELTS or apply for a remark of the writing? This is the lowest I have ever scored in writing. My previous scores were 8 in academic writing and general.

Spouse's profile :

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 11:36am On Sep 19, 2017
Pls can you send me a sample of a spouse conscent letter for my proof of funds.

Also do i need to upload the physical bank statement of my husband.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2017
enocoded4life:
My profile :

Spouse's profile :

1. Apply for remark if ur test was written within last 6 weeks AND also register for another test while awaiting your remark outcome.
2. Evaluate hubby's degree.

With an 8 in Listening and 7 in Writing plus hubby' ECA, your CRS will be 450 so you'll not be needing a provincial nomination to get ITA.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2017
Algbenguze:

Apply for remark if ur test was written within last 6 weeks AND also register for another test aiming to get 8 in Listening and 7 in Speaking minimum. In addition, evaluate hubby's degree. With a better IELTS score and your profile, you may end up not needing a provincial nomination to get ITA.

Okay thanks alot. Hubby's RN and BNSc are already being evaluated by WES it's stated in his profile that his report will be ready October 5th.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2017
sunvick:
Apply for EOR if your ielts is not more than 6weeks old after you received you results. Or you can as well rewrite the ielts to aim for LRSW: 8777.

Okay thanks for you response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2017
enocoded4life:

Okay thanks for you response.
Please see my modified post earlier.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
threadstone:

According to the movie script, im supposed to reply like **** but i'll just say- "Hello MRSDA", how are you today? grin

Make the sunday war no repeat hinself cheesy cheesy

Hahaha it's ok, i'm a peaceful human being...was there a war here? I missed it grin. See no evil...hear no evil...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
Algbenguze:

Hey 'bless' you!!! And then u respond "Yes, yes, 'bless' you too"!
No be 4 my mouth dem go hear french *winks*
Hahahaha....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
One can actaully do this? Nice. Cos I am in a bit of a dilemma on who would be the PA between DH and I. We have similar credentials and a one year age difference.
calfy:

It's not wrong. Whoever gets ITA first becomes the principal applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
After submitting ADR for Travel History yesterday night, I noticed an update...what stage am I now? As my coach has said, looks like IP1 but where is my Medical passed now? Everyone on the 6th is already passing medicals...mscheeew

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
MRSDA:
After submitting ADR for Travel History yesterday night, I noticed an update...what stage am I now? As my coach has said, looks like IP1 but where is my Medical passed now? Everyone on the 6th is already passing medicals...mscheeew

still Ip1. Relax, you will get medical passed very soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.