Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509781 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2017
threadstone:

Mami, wait kwanu? We are all on three weeks parol henceforth. Insha Allah..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by IAMCOMING: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2017
WES indicated on their website that they don't evaluate certificate from NIM. Realised this when i wanted to use it to claim 2 or more certificate

See attachment for the screenshot. I don't know how to paste pictures

40manlappy:

When NIM issue transcripts, do they reflect actual scores for each course or just "passed"? If it is the former, you may give it a shot. I think you should request for your transcript first. See if you can view a copy to make an informed decision.

@bolded Note that the thread becomes enriched when members experienced an issue and share how the issue was resolved. For now, we can only offer suggestions especially when there is no categorical answer.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2017
nnekdre:

Your question is not quite clear

Let me rephrase

What will be possible WES ECA evaluation for someone who has (5years) B.TECH in computer Science from FUTO? is it 2years certificate or 3 years certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2017
ladyAy:
Good evening everyone and a big congrats to all ITA and PPR recipients.
Please can someone explain all the time line abbreviations after meds passed for post AOR. I've tried but I don't just understand. All the IP1 etc, abeg. We passed meds last Friday. Pls I'm begging oh grin grin

Does this answer your question? Copied from Canada visa

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

Not needed at this time (NN)
Not Started (NS)
In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2017
dammysanmi:
�This calmness hit me like... "my company just sent me a mail to pick up a 2017 Porshe, do i need anything apart from my driving license and company ID?"

Hahahaha...totally right! I was like, did this person just calmly announce a PPR? My hubby is like that, he doesn't even get why I'm on Nairaland or any of the other stuff...like why are you bothered? God please make me a calm human being in Jesus name! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2017
IAMCOMING:
WES indicated on their website that they don't evaluate certificate from NIM. Realised this when i wanted to use it to claim 2 or more certificate

See attachment for the screenshot. I don't know how to paste pictures

Thanks for sharing smiley

@Dhimmy Please refer to the above post for your information and action.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2017
XX01:

Are u into finance?
Hi, not finance but the built industry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2017
Hi huys, i had someone help check for the verification mail WES claimed to have sent since August 7 and another resent September 6 and they did not find it in the email. They saw for others but did not find mine. I contacted WES and requested they resend to the UI registrar's email again and i gave them the email address but i have not gotten any response. Has anyone experienced something like this? Will WES send the mail again to the email address i provided? Please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2017
schules:
real success oooo. infact the tension dey hot so tey i go check the website lol
Great success to you too. I can't deny checking the site too even though I know the result won't be accessible.

The date is actually added on the 12th day but of course you can't access your result till the 13th day. If you check today, you'd find 9th there, I wonder why but then, you have people in different time zones.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2017
balogunsam:
Hi huys, i had someone help check for the verification mail WES claimed to have sent since August 7 and another resent September 6 and they did not find it in the email. They saw for others but did not find mine. I contacted WES and requested they resend to the UI registrar's email again and i gave them the email address but i have not gotten any response. Has anyone experienced something like this? Will WES send the mail again to the email address i provided? Please help!
Hello Sir,

Have you considered asking WES to send the verification via courier? That way, you can track the mail and ensure prompt response on receipt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seer247: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2017
Hello e-family
I paid for IQAS evaluation how can I locate my file number am seeing request id (10......57) and order number (10.......57-ORG-1) please which one is the file number (reference number) for those used IQAS? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2017
codeworks:
Let me rephrase

What will be possible WES ECA evaluation for someone who has (5years) B.TECH in computer Science from FUTO? is it 2years certificate or 3 years certificate?
Hi,

It will likely be Bachelor's degree (four years). I believe there's a tool on WES webpage where you can check a rough estimate of your credential, you can explore the tool.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TTTTTolu: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2017
Guys please kindly advise. I just got the email below. Do i just type the height and eye color on a plain a4 paper and upload or how do i go about it? and for the biopages is it just the page with details or should i add travel stamp pages as well.. Will appreciate your responses

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 > Passport/Travel Document: Copy of passport biopages for you and your
dependents. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/01
 > Height (in cm) & eye color details for you and your dependents. This
must be received at this office by: 2017/10/01
Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original
documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 10 days from the date of
this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your
complete application number on your correspondence.
Please return this letter with the requested documents.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:36am On Sep 21, 2017
MrBigiman:
Pls if a first degree is gotten the UK does he need IELts
IELTS and UK degree or any other degree does not have direct correlation.

However, if the UK degree holder is the PA, you sure need an ECA for the degree (if the degree is the highest degree) and take the IELTS too.

If the UK degree holder is your spouse, it is optional to have an ECA for the degree as well optional to take the IELTS. If you wish to boost your CRS score, you may then consider ECA and IELTS for your spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Kontagious:

Hello Sir,

Have you considered asking WES to send the verification via courier? That way, you can track the mail and ensure prompt response on receipt.

Yes, that will be my next point of action if this one i have set in motion fails. Thank you very much, i appreciate your input

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2017
uptown17:

Please i sent you a pm. Kindly reply. Thank you

I tried replying ur PM but got mailer demon. Resend again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cannie(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2017
Another epic announcement of PPR. Congrats

TTTTTolu:
Guys please kindly advise. I just got the email below. Do i just type the height and eye color on a plain a4 paper and upload or how do i go about it? and for the biopages is it just the page with details or should i add travel stamp pages as well.. Will appreciate your responses

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 > Passport/Travel Document: Copy of passport biopages for you and your
dependents. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/01
 > Height (in cm) & eye color details for you and your dependents. This
must be received at this office by: 2017/10/01
Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original
documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 10 days from the date of
this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your
complete application number on your correspondence.
Please return this letter with the requested documents.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2017
lol grin grin grin grin

Cannie:
Another epic announcement of PPR. Congrats

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Toshine2:
Thanks for your response.
She has 7.5,7,7,6.5 (academic).
She will complete her Bsc in the next 2yrs
She has not started evaluating her nursing cert. because we have just been introduced to this process and we don't actually know much about it.
She is 27 years
Am a Bsc holder, I am preparing for IELTS right now.
Hello Sir,

To start with, IELTS Academic cannot be used for EE. It has to be General Training and a good score is considered to be at the least 8777 (LRWS), anything short of that almost renders the result not suitable.

If you meant she'd be completing her MSc in two years (cause you had early mentioned she's currently running her MSc), waiting for her to complete the programme might be a long haul but advantageous as she would have gained more working experience if not up to three years at the moment. Her age at that time will still give maximum points but to me, waiting two years to apply is a very very long time.

What you might consider is checking;
1.) What your points will be with you as PA
2.) She the PA with her BSc degree

Use this link to check your likely score. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrBigiman: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Kontagious:

IELTS and UK degree or any other degree does not have direct correlation.

However, if the UK degree holder is the PA, you sure need an ECA for the degree (if the degree is the highest degree) and take the IELTS too.

If the UK degree holder is your spouse, it is optional to have an ECA for the degree as well optional to take the IELTS. If you wish to boost your CRS score, you may then consider ECA and IELTS for your spouse.

The English is this ur explanation is hard to decode my brother. I studied to postgraduate level in Naija, my bride has a bachelors from d UK and currently doing a master's degree. Does she need IELts again and kindly break down ur explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2017
MRSDA:

Three weeks parol?

Since people have started seeing ppr in three weeks or less, i dey hope say e go be the norm going forward.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2017
MrBigiman:
The English is this ur explanation is hard to decode my brother. I studied to postgraduate level in Naija, my bride has a bachelors from d UK and currently doing a master's degree. Does she need IELts again and kindly break down ur explanation.
Answer to your question is actually in the post you quoted. "If the UK degree holder is your spouse, it is optional to have an ECA for the degree as well optional to take the IELTS. If you wish to boost your CRS score, you may then consider ECA and IELTS for your spouse."

A breakdown of all the grammar the guy said is;

For PA, ECA and IELTS is a must.

For Spouse, ECA and IELTS is not a must but advisable if the PA wants to increase his CRS.

You get?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrBigiman: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2017
Kontagious:

Answer to your question is actually in the post you quoted. "If the UK degree holder is your spouse, it is optional to have an ECA for the degree as well optional to take the IELTS. If you wish to boost your CRS score, you may then consider ECA and IELTS for your spouse."

A breakdown of all the grammar the guy said is;

For PA, ECA and IELTS is a must.

For Spouse, ECA and IELTS is not a must but advisable if the PA wants to increase his CRS.

You get?

Thanks my brother. It's better explained. Na key-points I take pass WAEC, and I still prefer it that way.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2017
MrBigiman:

grin grin grin Turenchi!.

In simple terms...she MUST still write IELTS if you need points from her.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
codeworks:

Let me rephrase

It's equivalent to having a Bsc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
MrBigiman:
Thanks my brother. It's better explained. Na key-points I take pass WAEC, and I still prefer it that way.
Any day brother. What a memory at the bolded grin, some had total believe in that small book ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
Found this interesting- Copied
Congrats on pple who got ITA & PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2017
threadstone:

Since people have started seeing ppr in three weeks or less, i dey hope say e go be the norm going forward.

Amen, that's my portion!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2017
yokus:
Found this interesting- Copied
Congrats on pple who got ITA & PPR
Thanks Yokus, sure interesting. I didn't understand the effect of the numbers till I saw the 1st graph. That graph says it all cry. If current trend continues, sad to say the 2nd graph might just be close to a straight line.

Where's Cochtrane our prophetic data analyst to come dissect these graphs in and out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2017
Hi TTTTTTTolu, i am guessing that your visa office is London. I think you should upload via raising CSE and send to this email address ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca. Once you do it, a placeholder should be created in your account again. All the best, please what is your timeline.

You can also do more research in the London Visa office applicants forum on Canadavisa.

[quote author=TTTTTolu post=60678369]Guys please kindly advise. I just got the email below. Do i just type the height and eye color on a plain a4 paper and upload or how do i go about it? and for the biopages is it just the page with details or should i add travel stamp pages as well.. Will appreciate your responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 11:24am On Sep 21, 2017
Congratulations to all ITA and PPR recipients.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

So I've been following this thread since Feb.

Glad to announce I got an ITA yesterday with my CRS being 433

Profile created on 12/9/17
IELTS LRWS 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5 on 29/4/17

I'd been waiting patiently and painfully for IQAS to come through. ECA completed on 30/8/17 but report received on 11/9/17, I began ECA in March- thanks to my university and IQAS (wonderful duo).

You all are amazeballs!! Thanks for your kindness and assistance, this thread has been super helpful.
Congratulations to all ITA and PPR recipients.
#slowlybutsurely

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.