Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509533 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
UdomoLeinad:
Please I need advice on this.

I submitted a request for a reference letter to the HR in my organization through my director and he returned it, telling me to state where the letter would be addressed to and for what purpose I needed one. The problem is, I dont intend to reveal my intention to obtain a Canadian PR. Is there anyway around this? For instance, can I state that I intend to apply for a Canadian visa and as such have them address it to the Deputy High Commission in Lagos? But then will IRCC have a problem seeing the reference letter addressed to the High Commission?

Please advice

thank you!

You can obtain the reference letter in the guise of a visit visa application and have it addressed to the High Commission in Nigeria, it is acceptable and you can butter things up by attaching a letter of explanation that the ref letter was prepared in that way so as not to jeopardise your current employment and working relationship with your company at this time. It is widely understood by IRCC and the VOs that not everybody is able to openly pursue PR applications and receive the assistance of their employers for it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phemmi1: 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good evening. Please are there any doctors in the house. I just registered with Physiciansapply site. Trying to request for source verification bt I'm having difficulty. Can anyone put me through please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
sleekysilk:

1. Calculate ur CRS points with u as the principal, with spouse OND/HND evaluation but without spouse IELTS. If you're okay with your points, fine.

2. If your points are not okay enough, its either u try further to appease your spouse to do IELTS or you simply tell him you will fill him as an un-accompanying spouse and if he agrees to it, fine as well.

Like I told mine when he was forming busy at work that no time to write IELTS, I said no problem, I cannot come and select married and accompanying and u won't make efforts to support me to beef up my CRS. When he knew I had an option of 'un-accompanying spouse, he quickly found time out of no time for d IELTS.

CRS with him but without his IELTS was 419,
CRS without him (un accompanying) was 435
CRS with him after IELTS was 433. That was how I chopped ITA last week.

In fact all those times when CRS was 434, 435 he was just making jest of me upandan that so if he had 'unaccompanied' me na so I for don chop ITA since.

Orisa boo le gbemi; shemi bo shey bami... I need translation please.

Hiaan.thank u o sis.
i have thought of it. ( using unaccompanying spouse) He is also forming busy o. E be like say na only me the thing dey hungry. afi suuuru. I have calculated thr crs i got a 375. So lets say he doesnt make up to clb 9.say he is @ clb 5/6 .( dont want to raise my hope )i am aimimg at a 9.but if i end up at 8 nd he at a 5. Do we still stand a chance?

Orisha boo le gbemi shemi boo ti bami.
If u no fit add plus join my matter, leave am as e be.( hope say i try)

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mavor:
THIS MESSAGE IS ADDRESSED SPECIFICALLY TO OAU ILE-IFE GRADUATES:

I got a message from WES saying that "photocopies of your documents have been sent to Obafemi Awolowo University for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response."

Who from Ife went through this and how were you able to facilitate a speedy verification response from the school?

Thanks.
OAU charge a verification fee of 2.5k or so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
2 weeks is enough to prepare, but it's relative tho. I had less than 2 weeks and i got the results I needed... So, yes it's possible.

All the best!

SegunWamiri:
Hello guys, please I would like to get your opinion on this especially those who have done it already. Do you think that two weeks is enough time to prepare, write and pass IELTS excellently?

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=4Barr post=60949
Analyse your weak areas, for some its writing. Your weak area is what will determine the time-frame, writing for example will require more practice than the rest. Listening too could require frequent practice, in summary there is no 'one size fits all cap'[/quote]

Ok thanks @ boldinc also
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
Please elaborate on this issue...
saouri:
That is US dollar rate. Withthe Canadian dollar rate, you are good to go!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
hiscules:
unfortunately, my phone crashed recently, apologies.

Let us see what they say again..
It's a pity your phone crashed.. It can be very distressing.. Pls when was the time they answered u? U can still get at d response and screen-grab.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
With your age and only a BSc, you'll need all the extra points you can get to help you get enough points that can get you an ITA.

1. Do you per chance have a diploma? I know some people get diplomas before direct entry into the university

2. Do you or your spouse have a sibling legally living in Canada?

3. Your spouse definitely needs to write IELTS, that 20 points is critical to you.

If your answer to questions number 1 and 2 are no, you need to ensure you get the English scores in number 4

4. You have to smash your IELTS, aim for L8.5 S7.5 W8 R8

When you've done all the above, you'll pray CRS comes down at some point. If it doesn't, you'll have to go through Provincial nomination.

Seyitorl:

Thanks sir/ma. I am 36.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
Kontagious:

Even outside exam condition grin, wetin that word and hm brother do me, I won't forget in a hurry.
Ha.. Check ur mailbox, bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hello House,
Please my profile changed to we do not need additional documents today and I got a mail request just now for RPRF payment.
Can I guess my application is processed at Ottawa? My AOR is May 25.
Can I also relax now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
DatechMan:

OAU charge a verification fee of 2.5k or so
WES said they have contacted OAU for verification. I just wanna make sure that whomsoever it was sent to can respond to WES ASAP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
ray78:
So i've been replied and my PR is being processed at the London VO.Hmm ,how fast is the London VO compared to others?
oouch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by UdomoLeinad: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
Blackbuddy:

You can obtain the reference letter in the guise of a visit visa application and have it addressed to the High Commission in Nigeria, it is acceptable and you can butter things up by attaching a letter of explanation that the ref letter was prepared in that way so as not to jeopardise your current employment and working relationship with your company at this time. It is widely understood by IRCC and the VOs that not everybody is able to openly pursue PR applications and receive the assistance of their employers for it.

I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Kontagious:

On a very light note... You see something, you de find something. Yoruba translation might make sense grin
I know the pidgin translation... Amd it's so dirty... I can't even type it... Buhahahahhah... And I was going to give d poster d exact response... But it was too dirty to type...
My chest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chinlov:
Hello everyone. Pls is it a waste of money and time for a guy of 43 years to try this. Pls be candid and plain. Appreciated
And data too...

Ur wife nko.... How old is she? She might be of help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
phemmi1:
Good evening. Please are there any doctors in the house. I just registered with Physiciansapply site. Trying to request for source verification bt I'm having difficulty. Can anyone put me through please
Check page 198 of d previous thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
revlane:
Hello House,
Please my profile changed to we do not need additional documents today and I got a mail request just now for RPRF payment.
Can I guess my application is processed at Ottawa? My AOR is May 25.
Can I also relax now?

You can relax small smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
TTTTTolu:

Thanks @mummyjaygirls just tried to mail you. Other gives two options - In canada OR permit holder class

I replied, hope u r sorted now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nwandy218: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
Someone please help with this. It's urgent.
Thanks.
Nwandy218:
Hi Fam,

I need your help. How do I go about getting a letter from my PFA for POF. I use Arm Pensions. I know there is this caveat, you can only access 25% of ur pension if you are out of job for atleast 4 months. How does this work cos am still employed.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
Let the person paying the 2k for you follow up on the verification at once.
Mavor:
WES said they have contacted OAU for verification. I just wanna make sure that whomsoever it was sent to can respond to WES ASAP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
Congratulations...
TTTTTolu:
Guys!!!! Passport request received... God is Great

Please i have a few questions for anyone that has already gone through this phase

1. Do i have to fill the 5page IMM 008 form again
2. The first two questions - Program? options are family, economy, refugee, other what is it for this express entry
Category?
3. Is there any link to help with this?

Thanks guys. I will give a summary of my application soon. Alot of things i was worried about that ended up not being issues
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TTTTTolu: 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
Yes i am. Thanks alot.. Will update everyone as it goes

MummyJaygirls:

I replied, hope u r sorted now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
Seyitorl:

Hiaan.thank u o sis.
i have thought of it. ( using unaccompanying spouse) He is also forming busy o. E be like say na only me the thing dey hungry. afi suuuru. I have calculated thr crs i got a 375. So lets say he doesnt make up to clb 9.say he is @ clb 5/6 .( dont want to raise my hope )i am aimimg at a 9.but if i end up at 8 nd he at a 5. Do we still stand a chance?

Is the 375 without his own IELTS? If yes, then max he can give u with his IELTS is 20 points = 395. Any score below 410 I would suggest you both agree on him not accompanying u at the moment. If you're about the same age, him being the principal with his 2 or more certificates would have earned you guys higher points with great IELTS score. Use d same calculator u used in arriving at ur 375 to determine whose profile fits more to be d principal.

Orisha boo le gbemi shemi boo ti bami.
If u no fit add plus join my matter, leave am as e be.( hope say i try)

You try
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Vanessa00: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
Its not a waste of time or money as far as you've got a certificate beyond BSC, high ielts, of course work experience. A plus if you've got your wife accompanying you. People have done it, you too can. No hope lost. Goodluck

Chinlov:
Hello everyone. Pls is it a waste of money and time for a guy of 43 years to try this. Pls be candid and plain. Appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by belushi7: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Virt:
Congrats TTTTolu.

Finally ECA completed. 2 months journey with WES ended today.

IMPatiently waiting for next draw.

Was your WES scheduled for completion today? My friend's own had completion date for today 29/9/17 and she is yet to receive any result from WES.

Anyone with such WES experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hephgirl:

And data too...

Ur wife nko.... How old is she? She might be of help
Chai.. DATA kwuma?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by androsurf: 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
This thread is really an eye opener. I read all through the process and procedures the op gave, and also read some pages on the first thread. But I have a serious problem taking any step to get started. I would appreciate if anybody can help point me to the right direction with my qualifications.

I'm a graduate with OND and HND certificate in accounting. I scrolled through the NOC 0, A and B to see if I qualify as specified by the op, but some job requirements just got me confused. I have lots of passion for online digital marketing and I'm currently working on fiverr as a freelancer(offering whiteboard animation video making and editing with aftereffects, email marketing and some graphics design work) for now since jobs are not forthcoming. I am 28 years of age and I graduated in November 2015. I finished with my Nysc program this may 2017(I had delays before I was posted). Freelancing has been the job experience I have so far after my graduation, and it doesn't correlate with what I studied in school, video making and editing is just my passion.

With all the info above, please do you think I have any shot at this? If yes, which of the job under the NOC can I go for? And if I'm not qualified, what advice would you give to someone like me that will help me qualify in the near future.

Thanks and I'm sorry you had to go through my epistle...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
androsurf:
This thread is really an eye opener. I read all through the process and procedures the op gave, and also read some pages on the first thread. But I have a serious problem taking any step to get started. I would appreciate if anybody can help point me to the right direction with my qualifications.

I'm a graduate with OND and HND certificate in accounting. I scrolled through the NOC 0, A and B to see if I qualify as specified by the op, but some job requirements just got me confused. I have lots of passion for online digital marketing and I'm currently working on fiverr as a freelancer(offering whiteboard animation video making and editing with aftereffects, email marketing and some graphics design work) for now since jobs are not forthcoming. I am 28 years of age and I graduated in November 2015. I finished with my Nysc program this may 2017(I had delays before I was posted). Freelancing has been the job experience I have so far after my graduation, and it doesn't correlate with what I studied in school, video making and editing is just my passion.

With all the info above, please do you think I have any shot at this? If yes, which of the job under the NOC can I go for? And if I'm not qualified, what advice would you give to someone like me that will help me qualify in the near future.

Check if the job u did at your NYSC employment is under NOC 0, A or B. If so, go to ur NYSC employer to get a reference letter in the specified format and you're good to go. What u need is a minimum of 1yr work experience. Your course of study does not matter here. Also, u will need to evaluate ur OND/HND. With your age u shd be fine. Best of luck...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
androsurf:

Check if the job u did at your NYSC employment is under NOC 0, A or B. If so, go to ur NYSC employer to get a reference letter in the specified format and you're good to go. What u need is a minimum of 1yr work experience. Your course of study does not matter here. Also, u will need to evaluate ur OND/HND. With your age u shd be fine and your CRS score should be nothing less than 440. Best of luck...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by androsurf: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
sleekysilk:

Check if the job u did at your NYSC employment is under NOC 0, A or B. If so, go to ur NYSC employer to get a reference letter in the specified format and you're good to go. What u need is a minimum of 1yr work experience. Your course of study does not matter here. Also, u will need to evaluate ur OND/HND. With your age u shd be fine. Best of luck...

Thanks for the quick response. I was posted to a secondary school, And all I did was teach. And the requirements I saw for teachers under NOC B is to have degree in education. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
androsurf:

Thanks for the quick response. I was posted to a secondary school, And all I did was teach. And the requirements I saw for teachers under NOC B is to have degree in education. Thanks

No. Don't worry about that. Just get ur reference letter from the school. Your NOC shd be NOC A- 4031-
secondary school teachers. And evaluate ur credentials with WES. You will get ECA for 2 or more certificates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.