Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1524860 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Myredeemerlives:
Please help me,
I registered online for October 28 although I haven't paid is there a way I can change the date of the exams before making the payment on Monday.
Please don't ignore my question
why not just re-register...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Thanks bro, how do one fellow PNP? Can I send you an email?
type pnp on d search box and read about it...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by omesanni: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Feygbe:

Hello. What is your stream pls? Also did you have any ADR for a police report?

I had ADR for FBI PCC and I was at IP1 for 34 days. I called and I was told my application was at Ottawa, I asked about criminality and I was told it was not yet done. Seemed strange to me as well. This was after I had uploaded the FBI PCC almost 3 weeks after the ADR.

Suddenly, I moved to IP2 without the NA2 phase. I never called back to ask if it has been done.

My stream is FSW and I did not get any ADR for police report. My status says no additional documents needed. What is your Visa Office? mine is London VO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
celosia:
Hello good people. Kindly advise, My AOR was 29th July , Meds passed 11th August. I was refused UK and US visa which I put when answering the statutory questions although I was eventually issued both visas and travelled severally. I did not upload any schedule A, I later learnt that I would definitely be asked for it because of the refusal. Up until now I havent been asked for any additional documents,.Do I need to upload the schedule A using the web form or just wait. Find below a screenshot of my status thak you

My broda/sista in the Lord, why do u want to create wahala where wahala no dey? If they haven't asked u for additional docs, why do u want to submit additional docs? Keep calm!

Abeg if to upload something dey hungry u, go and upload pictures on Facebook or instagram of ur last days in naija grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Myredeemerlives:
Please help me,
I registered online for October 28 although I haven't paid is there a way I can change the date of the exams before making the payment on Monday.
Please don't ignore my question

Just register afresh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Scard: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Bimpsy99:
I don't think it's right to say CPA needs WES. They require that your transcript sent directly by the institution and they also accept WES ICAP not the regular ECA as an alternative to sending your transcript.

They reserve the right to ask for further info is they think it's necessary. People have successfully transferred to CPA without WES so it's not a cast in stone.

My point is using WES as an accountant can save you the stress of asking your school for transcript again for CPA sake..one can just tell WES to upgrade to ICAP but it doesn't mean that CPA requires WES before you can transfer to membership.

Hi Bimpsy99, seems you are an accountant and knows quite a bit about CPA. I would like to find out if having a CPA can "significantly" improve one's chances of getting an accounting/finance job in Canada as against just with the ACCA. Reason, is because I don't want to commit to the membership and be tied to an 800 CAD annually if I won't end up using to practice.

Also, do I need Passport information to fill my EE profile?

Please oh, anyone who can, should be answer me oh.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by omesanni: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
Teatop1234:

Was schedule A uploaded upfront for those refusals? Call them as @feygbe advised or raise a CSE and ask for app status.

I didn't upload schedule A upfront. If they required it from me they should have requested it from me right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
omesanni:

I didn't upload schedule A upfront. If they required it from me they should have requested it from me right?

Kpomqwem!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by celosia: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

My broda/sista in the Lord, why do u want to create wahala where wahala no dey? If they haven't asked u for additional docs, why do u want to submit additional docs? Keep calm!

Abeg ifo to upload something dey hungry u, go and upload pictures on Facebook or instagram of ur last days in naija grin
Na I too know they worry me grin thankx mummyjaygirls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by celosia: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Feygbe:

I will suggest you wait till it is requested for, if that happens. I uploaded it upfront as I had multiple US visa rejections.
You are in NA2. You can try asking for your visa office if you haven't already done that.
thank you feygbe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Abeg if to upload something dey hungry u, go and upload pictures on Facebook or instagram of ur last days in naija grin
smiley cheesy grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Well.. I would say that having a Canadian certificate should give one more advantage.
The way I see it is what if the MRA with ACCA won't last forever? People have confirmed that the CPA exams isn't child's play..i don't want to write it in future cos am trying to save cost today. If you plan to Soft land then you don't need to convert yet.

If you can afford it maybe you should give it a shot but there are accountants without CPA who get hired. I have heard of ACCA and ICAN guys who have gotten fantastic offers. By God's Grace we won't struggle to settle down whether we convert or not.

I see the CPA money as an investment into my future. My future employer should be able to pay for my subscription going forward. I haven't converted yet but taking baby steps and trusting God for funds.

Scard:

Hi Bimpsy99, seems you are an accountant and knows quite a bit about CPA. I would like to find out if having a CPA can "significantly" improve one's chances of getting an accounting/finance job in Canada as against just with the ACCA. Reason, is because I don't want to commit to the membership and be tied to an 800 CAD annually if I won't end up using to practice.

Also, do I need Passport information to fill my EE profile?

Please oh, anyone who can, should be answer me oh.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hephgirl:
if it was Friday chill til like Tuesday
Okies.

@emeluobi: Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
nnekdre:

They are different YouTube downloader. I use advanced download manager, downloaded it from my play store.
To subscribe to MY night plan just make sure you are on mtn pulse if not migrate to mtn pulse and once it's 12 mid night send NIGHT TO 131. It last till 4am
Thanks dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saintp(m): 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
emelueobi:

Thanks ma'am. The entire transaction was on Friday morning. So considering interbank plus weekend factors, I'll just chill out on calling till Monday passes and there is no update.

I had similar encounter with BC. My husband and I paid via bank transfer, and we waited for confirmatory email instead we got an email that our test date that was reserved have been cancelled. I called British Council customer care line countless times, the lines were not going through, we even sent emails and we received an automatic response (no reply message) that I should wait for 7 working days, I wasn't satisfy with that response I tracked them on Facebook, and finally got a reply from a staff who told me to wait for some days, and gave me another email to send my complaints to, but it was of no much help.
Luckily for me , a friend had similar problem, I had to counsel her to go to their office in portharcourt (I couldn't do that because of my work), I gave her all our details and it was sorted out immediately. I will suggest u wait for 72 hours and if u don't get a reply from them go to their office or beg someone to do that for you.

I think at the end of the day, it is just better to do a bank draft and go to their office if convenient instead of doing bank transfer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by omesanni: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Kpomqwem!!!

what does this mean? is this english?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
omesanni:

what does this mean? is this english?
It means "exactly" in Igbo language. Although the correct spelling is "kpomkwem" ...replace the q with k.
Hope you've succeeded in adding to your vocabulary. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

buhahahahhah
Rolling to Ibadan to faint.. My chest

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
Saintp:

I think at the end of the day, it is just better to do a bank draft and go to their office if convenient instead of doing bank transfer.
not everyone has time for office Waka. That's d issue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
GlitteringStar:

....So that CIC will not wish him "Happy Birthday" in a very "precious" way. grin grin
as in en cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by emelueobi(f): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
If u are living in a state were there are no BC office and you are a working class person, it will be difficult to raise bank draft and travel to another state to pay. That's y the bank transfer is better, but BC is obviously making things very difficult by not sending confirmatory email, at the end one ends up going to the office to make complains (which is as good as paying via bank draft in the first place).

I think at the end of the day, it is just better to do a bank draft and go to their office if convenient instead of doing bank transfer. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hephgirl:
not everyone has time for office Waka. That's d issue

She's back grin....wish you and everyone that wrote success!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
emelueobi:
If u are living in a state were there are no BC office and you are a working class person, it will be difficult to raise bank draft and travel to another state to pay. That's y the bank transfer is better, but BC is obviously making things very difficult by not sending confirmatory email, at the end one ends up going to the office to make complains (which is as good as paying via bank draft in the first place).

Shey DHL or UPS no dey there.. Abi they no go chop?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Just register afresh
Their site may not allow them to.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
veritas3:

She's back grin....wish you and everyone that wrote success!
Thanks alot dear.. This means alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Myredeemerlives: 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
gazymenz:

If you are referring to IELTS then i don't think you can still make payment for Oct 28 exams. Just register afresh for your preferred date and make payment. Your previous entry will be cancelled by BC.
Thank you.
Please should I use same email address I used before
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Buhahahahaha grin grin grin Mummyjaygirls is back with a bang!!! Was gonna comment that your recent punches were loosing their kazam

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
Abeg dear Nairalnders....no beat me oh...Just for our information and lest it find its way into someone's IELTS Writing Section......The word "SEVERALLY" DOES NOT MEAN "SEVERAL TIMES" oooohhh biko!!! That is a classic case of malapropism right there. Severally means separately or individually; each in turn. E.g. "the partners of the firm are jointly and severally liable", meaning they are liable as individuals and as a group as well. Tank yew tenk yew for viewing this English nugget. Please hit the like button and share freely wink grin grin grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Algbenguze:

Exactly my case on July 8 test (2nd attempt). I had 2 unanswered questions 'cos I ran out of time and when I decided to just put something down, we were stopped when invigilator was looking in my direction. I was afraid I'ld be penalized if I continued writing so I decided to let go. I had sleepless nights and several bad dreams from that experience. Unfortunately I ended up with 6.5 but I do hope it's you story ends better than mine. In case it doesn't, draw inspiration from the likes of @bigfido and keep trying till you get it. I'm preparing for my 3rd attempt anyway; no retreat, no surrender. BC must bow! grin grin grin

Salute the 7-star IELTS general!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
CAstruggle:

Yes you can, but it would require alot of patience as its not common for CRS to fall to 413. But anything is possible. The chat below will tell you more.

Personally, i would suggest you try improving your score; if you are married, ask your spouse to take IELTs which can get you up to 20 additional points. your spouse can also do an ECA to get additional 9points.

If you are not married, try to gain more work experience if its currently less than 3years or follow PNP route.

Extra Note: the tail of the chat is forming a straight line. CRS should have fallen below 430 by now but it seems CIC is trying to keep it stable above 430 using the number ITA issued. It is "possible" to remain so till the end of the year.

With God nothing is impossible
[img][/img]

Please this image looks like our Senior Big Data Scientist Cochtrane's handiwork and intellectual property angry angry If it is I don't see your references or citations and you can be charged with academic dishonesty....Na play oh abeg no vex grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Please house, can CRS of 413 get someone ITA?

Yes!!! When the draws fall to that cutoff that is wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.