Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511640 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Please mate, I want to ask a question. How do I access or apply for provincial nominee (PNP)?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hephgirl:

Lol. grin Madam Hephgirl, you yaf come again. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol grin Madam Hephgirl, you yaf come again wink
yes o... I yaf come...

This one ya calling me madam.
My age falls within d maximum score range... Abeg comot d madam...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
yes o... I yaf come...

This one ya calling me madam.
My age falls within d maximum score range... Abeg comot d madam...

Lol@maximum score range. grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
please don't hi her..

We r keeping her for our data analyst.
Data analyst say he no do, our civil/structural engineer who was looking in another direction before might just be a fit. I no mention name o grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
LMFAO!!! Hephmama aka Madam match-maker
Hephgirl:
please don't hi her..

We r keeping her for our data analyst.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
elfmann:
I served in Amaaba community primary sch. Which way?
Nothing sure pass make Amaaba Community School give you reference letter if you claim points using your NYSC experience grin. Sure you know though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am amazed at the extent of information one can gather here. It is better than anything an 'agent' can offer. This is the beginning of my sojourn on this platform and this Canada journey also. I have read through the page and I have a good knowledge of all that is required. Kudos to you all. I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to please:
I am 33 and hubby is a year older. I am aiming to be the PA since I have 5 more points in age and also getting employment reference letters would be easier cos I have had only two employers as against DH's 4.
So one of my questions stems from the fact that I have an MBA via distance learning from a UK university. Although my degree certificate does not state that in any way, I am worried that it may not be accepted bearing in mind the extract I got from the CIC site on document requirements. See below:

In cases where an applicant’s background information suggests that a Canadian education credential may have been obtained via distance learning either abroad or while present in Canada, it is at the officer’s discretion to request for supporting documentation.
If it is determined that the applicant obtained more than 50 percent of their education via distance learning, the applicant should not be awarded additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for having a Canadian education credential. If the reduction in CRS points results in the applicant having a score below the minimum CRS, the application should be refused per A11.2

&
Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution

2.) Furthermore, I also need to know if I can use the job i did 4 years ago as my primary NOC instead of my current job. (I am having some issues deciding with my current job-next question explains why)

3.) Do you think I can use Credit Manager 0122 NOC. My job details in the past 3 and half years has been as a Retail & Credit Risk Analyst. But under the Lead Statement for the said NOC 0122, it states that is for "managers". I am only a 4th level officer in my bank although my work entails approving credit requests for disbursements and everything related to processing credit requests. I also supervise other junior officers. Will they raise an eyebrow due to my level? I am not a middle or senior level officer. I am thinking NOC 1212 but I am not sure that cuts it.

Apologies for my long write-up. I don't want to keep disturbing you guys with questions. Please help me to make a decision.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kontagious:

Nothing sure pass make Amaaba Community School give you reference letter if you claim points using your NYSC experience grin. Sure you know though.
As na teaching mostly folks dey do and next one na oil and gas.. Na merrymum situation be this na getting clearer and IRCC acceptable.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Feygbe:

Just your PPA is involved. Forget about NYSC totally in the application. And it is not a government position too. Pls take note for Post Its form.

Well, I listed NYSC (not PPA) in my personal history and not work history and so far so good. Just passed medicals last Friday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
I concur with this. Same challenge I had but I did same thing as Kontagious. I have a 7months old baby, but I selected English for him as we communicate to him in English and selected same native language as mine for the kids even when they don't speak it yet.

Kontagious:

First, English no be my mother tongue and same for my child, so I went with the native language option.

For the child communicating in English, I have an infant who is just about walking, babe never start to talk properly so I asked my wife, how am I suppose to answer this question now? But since she'd eventually speak English, I choose English. Plus we talk to her in English and she responds accordingly (when she decides to be a gentle babe though), and she has started picking one word syllables. So, I had more conviction to select English. Only conservative as I would have selected both English and French for her sef as we'd want her talking french classes at the appropriate time. We saved that for future use grin

Lets wait for our seniors.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by iwillrejoice: 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
MippiShick:
Hello my people!

To all those awaiting ITA tomorrow say "aye".

Aye grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
People, I told u I had read sth abt it.. Now Chiositch has it. Those who had escaped.. Come and show her d route.

On the NOC matter, forget abt d title.. Focus on d duties. Eg it can have Credit Managers even if u r not a manager in ur bank or workplace. Let 70% of what they want show on ur reference letter.
chiobich:
Hello everyone,

I am amazed at the extent of information one can gather here. It is better than anything an 'agent' can offer. This is the beginning of my sojourn on this platform and this Canada journey also. I have read through the page and I have a good knowledge of all that is required. Kudos to you all. I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to please:
I am 33 and hubby is a year older. I am aiming to be the PA since I have 5 more points in age and also getting employment reference letters would be easier cos I have had only two employers as against DH's 4.
So one of my questions stems from the fact that I have an MBA via distance learning from a UK university. Although my degree certificate does not state that in any way, I am worried that it may not be accepted bearing in mind the extract I got from the CIC site on document requirements. See below:

In cases where an applicant’s background information suggests that a Canadian education credential may have been obtained via distance learning either abroad or while present in Canada, it is at the officer’s discretion to request for supporting documentation.
If it is determined that the applicant obtained more than 50 percent of their education via distance learning, the applicant should not be awarded additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for having a Canadian education credential. If the reduction in CRS points results in the applicant having a score below the minimum CRS, the application should be refused per A11.2

&
Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution

2.) Furthermore, I also need to know if I can use the job i did 4 years ago as my primary NOC instead of my current job. (I am having some issues deciding with my current job-next question explains why)

3.) Do you think I can use Credit Manager 0122 NOC. My job details in the past 3 and half years has been as a Retail & Credit Risk Analyst. But under the Lead Statement for the said NOC 0122, it states that is for "managers". I am only a 4th level officer in my bank although my work entails approving credit requests for disbursements and everything related to processing credit requests. I also supervise other junior officers. Will they raise an eyebrow due to my level? I am not a middle or senior level officer. I am thinking NOC 1212 but I am not sure that cuts it.

Apologies for my long write-up. I don't want to keep disturbing you guys with questions. Please help me to make a decision.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
walter08:
Mine still pending till today after 1 month. You have contact at statistics unit dept?

No I don't know anyone. Have you been able to get your transcript sent to Wes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
@chiobich
The paragrapgh you referenced in relation to distance learning study being acceptable or otherwise is in relation to DL study from Canadian University and if points will be awarded as having studied in Canada.

Evaluate your UK MBA and bracket "by correspondence" in front of your institution name when filling your forms, it will be accepted and awarded points in same manner as a foreign credential. You have nothing to worry about.

@elfmann, you must have read the same thing he posted up there, so there is no such thing like escape cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
[quote author=chiobich post=61508501]Hello everyone,

This refers to a Canadian degree and not to your UK correspondence. Please make sure to write correspondence when filling your profile so you don't get asked for PCC if you don't already need it.[color=#770077][/color]

Sorry I have no answers to the rest of the questions....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Samadict(f): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
Has anyone here sent transcripts from Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba - Akoko to WES? How long did it take AAUA please? And how much did it cost? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
This is such a huge relief. Thank you. [quote author=MRSDA post=61509187][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Abby2017:
@chiobich
The paragrapgh you referenced in relation to distance learning study being acceptable or otherwise is in relation to DL study from Canadian University and if points will be awarded as having studied in Canada.

Evaluate your UK MBA and bracket "by correspondence" in front of your institution name when filling your forms, it will be accepted and awarded points in same manner as a foreign credential. You have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bongzy: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Sunflowerr:
Hello guys,

My WES status has been "on hold" for 3weeks now (waiting for institution to verify). I have contacted my uni (IMSU) and they confirmed to me that they have replied WES..
The status hasn't still changed, I have sent a mail to WES and there has been no changes still, I am beginning to get worried, any suggestions on what to do or should I exercise more patience?

Thanks

Please sunflower who did you contact in IMSU for your verification? I need your help as my wife has applied since March and still at waiting for verification stage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol@maximum score range. grin grin
. Buhahahahhah that's d only language we understand here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blessings2017(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Bongzy:

Please sunflower who did you contact in IMSU for your verification? I need your help as my wife has applied since March and still at waiting for verification stage

Hello Bongzy, how much did you pay for IMSU transcript ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kontagious:

Data analyst say he no do, our civil/structural engineer who was looking in another direction before might just be a fit. I no mention name o grin
somehow sef I think he is already thinking in that direction but isn't sure about oour data analyst. Buhahahahhah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
AlexanderGreat:
LMFAO!!! Hephmama aka Madam match-maker
das how u people changed my name
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
I jus dey observe

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tjeez1: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
pls house do i need to do the IELTS before applying for EE?
i am trying to fill d form they ask which test i have taken when n date.plse someone should put me through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
elfmann:
People, I told u I had read sth abt it.. Now Chiositch has it. Those who had escaped.. Come and show her d route.

On the NOC matter, forget abt d title.. Focus on d duties. Eg it can have Credit Managers even if u r not a manager in ur bank or workplace. Let 70% of what they want show on ur reference letter.
… And we have MRSDA and Abby2017 showing her the way! See as her doubt was sharply cleared. Kudos to you all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
somehow sef I think he is already thinking in that direction but isn't sure about oour data analyst. Buhahahahhah
I have to buhahahahah to this... See as you open case file on people head.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
tjeez1:
i am trying to fill d form they ask which test i have taken when n date.plse someone should put me through

Yes, you have to do it. and not just IELTS but also ECA. It will do you a lot of good if you can just leave this page, rewind to page zero and read up.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
tjeez1:
Do you have your ECA ready? Have you taken the test but awaiting result? If your answer is No to the two questions, then one last question... What is the end game of you filling when you do not have them, or at best your ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tjeez1: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
sleekysilk:

Yes, you have to do it. and not just IELTS but also ECA. It will do you a lot of good if you can just leave this page, rewind to page zero and read up.

thanks i will do that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tjeez1: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kontagious:

Do you have your ECA ready? Have you taken the test but awaiting result? If your answer is No to the two questions, then one last question... What is the end game of you filling when you do not have them, or at best your ECA?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.