Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509170 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:25am On Oct 18, 2017
djokovic:
Good day. Please, I need your advise as I plan to apply for the PR to .
hi Abeg no vex... I only respond to pms from a moniker I've seen or one Dat sort of registers in my head.
Urs doesn't. Can u ask ur questions here I will definitely answer to d best of my ability... Or tag me to ur questions hope that's fine?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2017
My Question

@Hephgirl

I am running away

Hephgirl:
hi Abeg no vex... I only respond to pms from a moniker I've seen or one Dat sort of registers in my head.
Urs doesn't. Can u ask ur questions here I will definitely answer to d best of my ability... Or tag me to ur questions hope that's fine?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2017
smslive2:
My Question

@Hephgirl

I am running away

come back here o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
buhahahahhah

You don come again this morning. Good morning. Trust u had a buhahahahaha night rest
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Scard: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
my advice
1. Do his pr as u r doing urs... Cos it's harder later... Dey always change their minds.. What's d worse that can happen?
Inshort with his pr he can visit as many times as possible. Amd when he changes his mind there won't b an issue.
4. Is fine in my opinion

Following from your response to the question,
1.What happens if the PR expires the spouse decides not to renew it, will he or she be able to get TRV to travel to Canada?

Also, I know people who got PR, but because they have good jobs here in Nigeria, they did not go but sent their families. However, they were slammed huge Tax Bills.

2.Can someone here help to explain the implication of Tax on a spouse who really doesn't want to live in Canada but got PR?

3.Also, if the spouse is unaccompanying, will he/she be able to get a Temporary Visa whenever he/she wants to visit?

Thanks for your responses

I would appreciate your responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by area74: 11:52am On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

How much did you pay for WES evaluation? If I want to evaluate two(2) certificates from different institution, how much will it cost using WES?

What I paid WES via my GTB Naira MasterCard was around N71,000 and that's for BSc. only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2017
area74:

What paid WES via my GTB Naira MasterCard was around N71,000 and that's for BSc. only.
Standard or courier shipment mode?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2017
Congratulations!!

Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Tell the son of no man to never give up!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by area74: 11:58am On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:

Standard or courier shipment mode?

Standard
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehrnie: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Tell the son of no man to never give up!

If only we can see the end from the beginning then we will rest in the unfailing love of God.

Congratulations - may the good hand of the Lord rest upon you and cause you to excel. Amen.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chai, don't crucify me naa. It is not the job title that is my problem o. It's the duties. They don't really match cry
elfmann:

This woman sef. Your job title at ur old workplace mustn't be the same with IRCC's. I told u what matters is the duties. If those duties ur HR said they will populate go with 70% of NOC 1114's, that is OK. Let them quote Funds Transfer Officer, u choose NOC 1114-Other Financial Officers. It is a group title.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:
Abeg oh.. Let me ask some questions:
1.Is there any clinic doing medicals on Saturdays? I know Children's Practice has stopped. Abi?
2.For the photo, how much does the Studio 24 collect? Can they give me 4 copies and a digital one?
3. Does Alagbon do PCC on Saturdays?
These are gathering stuff pre-ITA.
Cc Kontagious, Canadianfly, 40manlappy etc..
I can only help with Number 2. Studio 24 charges N1,500 for the digital picture and N1,500 for 4 hard copies. Bear in mind the photo dimensions for COPR is different from the one post ITA. So unless you want to use the passport photos for something else, you can just do the digital one now and later go back for hard copies after PPR.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by grammy010: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good day fam!

Please any idea or suggestion on the best NOC for someone in OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT OR CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT experience? I am in dilema as I can't see any close match.

Thank you and God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

You don come again this morning. Good morning. Trust u had a buhahahahaha night rest
yes I did o... U nko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Scard:

Following from your response to the question,
1.What happens if the PR expires the spouse decides not to renew it, will he or she be able to get TRV to travel to Canada?

Also, I know people who got PR, but because they have good jobs here in Nigeria, they did not go but sent their families. However, they were slammed huge Tax Bills.

2.Can someone here help to explain the implication of Tax on a spouse who really doesn't want to live in Canada but got PR?

3.Also, if the spouse is unaccompanying, will he/she be able to get a Temporary Visa whenever he/she wants to visit?

Thanks for your responses

I would appreciate your responses
wait fes lemme gaan drink chilled malt...

I'm almost saying why did I answer. Just kidding

1. Yes
2. It depends on so many factors. I know alot who's not paying tax on income cos dey don't work in Canada.. I mean it's not like d US and it's facta ish....
3. Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hello pls send me a mail on owoola_bello@yahoo.com i have a suggestion for you
primeson1:
Work reference is giving me sleepless night..... 40 days more before I submit.

Imagine the employer telling me they don't give ref letter to ex employee..... And they can't even give me a letter or email saying they can't give ref letter.

Please what's the content of a ref letter a colleague can give someone? Is it the same format as the company's own?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
please don't hi her..

We r keeping her for our data analyst.

grin grin grin how did i miss this yday?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
einsteino:

grin grin grin how did i miss this yday?
u also missed ur sub... Gaan look for it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Operational risk Mgt is quite hard to get but depending on what area of Credit Risk Management you work in, you may want to check Credit Manager title under NOC 0122 if you perform or performed credit analysis functions. That is what I am using as primary NOC, although I currently work in Operational Risk.
grammy010:
Good day fam!

Please any idea or suggestion on the best NOC for someone in OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT OR CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT experience? I am in dilema as I can't see any close match.

Thank you and God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
u also missed ur sub... Gaan look for it

oh lord, hope yall went gentle on me? lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good day all,

I think I have gathered enough liver to start this process, please can someone help me with a contact in Uniben exams and records, let me start with WES while I prepare for ielts, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Petrelli112:
Good day all,

I think I have gathered enough liver to start this process, please can someone help me with a contact in Uniben exams and records, let me start with WES while I prepare for ielts, thanks.

The contact I know is in post graduate school, mine was MSc and he did a great job. You can send me a message if interested.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
CRS Draw Day... And the Minimum point is ..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
enocoded4life:

The contact I know is in post graduate school, mine was MSc and he did a great job. You can send me a message if interested.
Thanks, but mine is B.Sc, can the person still help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by talk2jt(f): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
smslive2:
CRS Draw Day... And the Minimum point is ..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. I really hope it comes down.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Samadict(f): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
blackfm:

i got a contact in exams and record last week. she told me it costs 27k and takes about a week to prep and send.i believe 30/32k to her account should cover it
Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
smslive2:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
einsteino:

Thanks alot Lion. Yes I'm an Agbebite through and through cheesy

for WES i paid 234CAD(selected regular post delivery option ie NIPOST)[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font], UNN transcript was 35k (courier is handled by UNN and its cost is inclusive in the 35k).

ehm here is a tip for the verification WES would request for: typically UNN charges 10k for transcript verification and another 10k for certificate verification. WES would request for both but the thing is our transcript bears date of award of degree and class of degree awarded, also i suspect the verification request and reply is a single email.. so what I did was to pay UNN for only transcript verification, and at the end of the day WES marked the both as verified. I saved half the cost this way.

if you need further clarifications, feel free anyday, anytime. you can send a pm. Best of luck

einsteino How come you were charged CAD $234 for WES regular post delivery, whereas I'm currently being charged $207 CAD for UNN cert verification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

einsteino How come you were charged CAD $234 for WES regular post delivery, whereas I'm currently being charged $207 CAD for UNN cert verification?

i dont understand.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
einsteino:

i dont understand.

Sorry my apology.. I didnt include the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST): $26.91... sowi undecided undecided undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

I just applied for WES evaluation now.. and my charges by WES is $207CAD.. but in your last post, you mentioned you were charged $234CAD, does the price varies?

No the price isnt supposed to vary. the actual charge is 200cad for the ECA, 7cad for regular post delivery and 26.91cad for harmonised sales tax. so maybe you werent charged tax.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

Those people are not smiling at all, na so me sef ask concession for my daughter but got none.

For e-Apr, you only need either the hard or the soft copy. If you go for the hard copy, you'd have to scan just like every other document and you can of course keep the passport for other use. Other use here can be when sending your international passport on PPR. The soft copy gives less stress as you already have it in the required size/dimension. So you can request to have just the soft copy without printing the hard. If you choose to have either, you save half the cost.

What I did was request for both hard and soft copy but for the hard, I told them to stamp date two copies each since two copies are required with ppr - one to have name of studio and date snapped at the back and the other be left blank. I did this as I expect ppr within six months. Passport photography is expected to be snapped within six months, if ppr comes within my envisaged period, we'd use what we have instead of going back to the studio, if ppr does not come within, then we'd have to go for a recent one.

Please note though that the specifications for the eAPR photo and the COPR (PPR) photo are different so you cannot use one for the other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.