Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509117 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kingbukaz: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
Santino1:

When you registered for IELTS you got access to 40 hours of online practice materials. I would suggest you practice as much as 90% on all the sections. Try and compare your score with the global average to see where your level is at. Then adjust based on that. At the risk of sounding boastful, I actually had 8.5, 9, 8.5, 8.5 in LRSW and practiced for about 2 weeks only. By practice, I meant intense day and night practice like I last did during my university days a decade ago. So believe me when I say it's doable.

I believe you bro, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations! smiley You will receive it within 24 hours.

Great! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olu21ola: 12:13am On Oct 19, 2017
Omodadi2:
Good evening ppl, pls whc body is fastest for Medical Degree Certificate Examination an the cost? Thanks.

It is Medical Council Canada that evaluates for doctors. see this link for more information https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/198#50339094

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olu21ola: 12:15am On Oct 19, 2017
Congrats to all ITA recipients. PPR soonest!
Am still processing my ECA. This Canny hustle no be small hustle.Thank God I cleared my ielts once.
Kudos to all the gurus in house.
God bless our hustle

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 12:16am On Oct 19, 2017
Congrays to all ITA recipients........I am sure you guys/ladies will sleep like kings/queens tonight....Just a few reminders.

--Strictly adhere to all the specificied document format,type and content.
--Scan and save each document with its appropriate name . This is to avoid confusion when uploadining.
--upload each document in d correct placeholder.
--use your LOE judiciously.
--stall your medical exam till a few days (or even same day) of submission.
--Pray,pray, & pray again. for a good VO and LVO
--Start packing your stuff
We are all expecting ppr rains frm y'all.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 1:49am On Oct 19, 2017
Madcow:

Practice with www.mini-ielts.com

If you had challenges during the listening or you are not confident, complete a complaint form immediately after the test... check the results on Friday morning... if you aren't happy, you can play your complaint as a joker... redo just the listening in 7 days...

Please can you explain what you mean exactly by this? If one can fill a complaint form and get to redo the listening section, why haven't many taken advantage of that? Don't forget that a lot of people will know if their performance in the listening was good for them or hopeless immediately after the test... And a lot of sound check is conducted before the actual audio is played, so what challenge exactly will the person claim? Shed more light on this, mbok.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks all for the congratulatory messages...may the Good Lord meet each and everyone of us at the point of our needs...Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 19, 2017
ugoiyke79e:
Congrays to all ITA recipients........I am sure you guys/ladies will sleep like kings/queens tonight....Just a few reminders.

--Strictly adhere to all the specificied document format,type and content.
--Scan and save each document with its appropriate name . This is to avoid confusion when uploadining.
--upload each document in d correct placeholder.
--use your LOE judiciously.
--stall your medical exam till a few days (or even same day) of submission.
--Pray,pray, & pray again. for a good VO and LVO
--Start packing your stuff
We are all expecting ppr rains frm y'all.
Why at d bold? Some ppl want to leave after few months oh.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 5:26am On Oct 19, 2017
superdoll:

Thank you dear. Hope u r landing soon.

You are welcome. God willing, early next year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by talk2jt(f): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2017
Congratulations to everyone that received ITA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2017
Thank you God!!

@Kontagious @Glitteringstar @Hephgirl @threadstone @Jummolami and others who have been most helpful, thank you!

ITA dropped around 4AM...was waiting and refreshing all night but had to succumb to sleep around 2AM.

Una thank you!

Timeline so far:

IELTS: May 13, 2017
ECA: October 12, 2017
Entry into Pool: October 13, 2017
Removed Business Experience: October 14, 2017 (Spirit was not settled with the information provided)
ITA: October 18, 2017
COPR: February 16, 2018
Landing: March 13, 2018

**italicised text in faith**

**anyone who has 7m they are not using should borrow me o... @hephgirl ma... i have a feeling i'll hear from you soon!

nagode!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 7:26am On Oct 19, 2017
@chiobich, Please listen to everyone's advice. I know how you feel. I once was as confused and disturbed. But in the end, what I did was take a critical look at my job description and saw that there were similarities btw then and the NOC I was worried about. Our job titles are similar. My FT duties are not even as detailed as urs. I ended up deciding to use my Credit Risk experience as primary NOC because I am more confident with that. I disturbed 40manlappy sotey e no even answer me again grin Don't worry too much. You can do what I did and use any other over 3 years experience you feel more comfortable with. Good luck. You can pm if you want.
40manlappy:

Sorry to say this, but I think you are just stressing yourself unnecessarily. You have been rightly advised by Kontagious and veritas3.

NOC 1114 is okay for Funds Transfer Officer role; a number of people here have gotten PPRs with that same NOC.

I can tell you for free that some people's reference letters were not as detailed as yours and yet they have gotten COPRs.

The choice is yours....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2017
Madcow:

I got my ITA today... Please advice on whether or not to cancel the TRV
Cancel and defer ur admission.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by HIDDENSECRECY: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2017
Congrats to all who received their ITA ....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by daremum(m): 7:41am On Oct 19, 2017
Good Morning All/Elders,
Please i need your swift advice on this dilemma!
Pre ITA we choose that we have relationship in Canada to which the person is my grandmother younger sister son!-Uncle!!!
Find attached screenshots showing that we picked him as uncle.
Calculated score for EE profile we got zero (0) for relationship in canada despite picking Uncle and saying we have a relationship there in canada.
Despite the zero for relationship we got ITA.
Now post ITA should we include that we have an uncle or not since we got zero point.
However for my uncle he is ready to drop his pr card and birth certificate.
Will this be enough for our proof of relationship with him.

Thanks to you all.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:04am On Oct 19, 2017
elfmann:

Why at d bold? Some ppl want to leave after few months oh.

Because your medicals is the like a ticking clock, if it expires before you land in Canada, you have to redo the medicals and wait for the medicals to be approved all over again. So the idea is the later your medicals, the more time you have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:08am On Oct 19, 2017
daremum:
Good Morning All/Elders,
Please i need your swift advice on this dilemma!
Pre ITA we choose that we have relationship in Canada to which the person is my grandmother younger sister son!-Uncle!!!
Find attached screenshots showing that we picked him as uncle.
Calculated score for EE profile we got zero (0) for relationship in canada despite picking Uncle and saying we have a relationship there in canada.
Despite the zero for relationship we got ITA.
Now post ITA should we include that we have an uncle or not since we got zero point.
However for my uncle he is ready to drop his pr card and birth certificate.
Will this be enough for our proof of relationship with him.

Thanks to you all.

Remember the golden rule in applications: Always provide more info than less.

If you can get your Uncle to send you a scan copy of their PR and proof of residency, then it won't hurt your application. You can simply explain the apparent discrepancy in your LOE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks.
40manlappy:

Sorry to say this, but I think you are just stressing yourself unnecessarily. You have been rightly advised by Kontagious and veritas3.

NOC 1114 is okay for Funds Transfer Officer role; a number of people here have gotten PPRs with that same NOC.

I can tell you for free that some people's reference letters were not as detailed as yours and yet they have gotten COPRs.

The choice is yours....

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Is it possible to include my child as dependant if I fill that my wife will not be accompanying me (spouse unaccompanying)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2017
balogunsam:
Thank you God!!

@Kontagious @Glitteringstar @Hephgirl @threadstone @Jummolami and others who have been most helpful, thank you!

ITA dropped around 4AM...was waiting and refreshing all night but had to succumb to sleep around 2AM.

Una thank you!

nagode!

Congratulations, bro. May the Lord grant you your heart's desire.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by daremum(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks bro.
But why can't i pick and avoid uploading all these since i got no point for that.

Please everyone,kindly contribute your opinion pls,biko, ejo.
Santino1:

Remember the golden rule in applications: Always provide more info than less.

If you can get your Uncle to send you a scan copy of their PR and proof of residency, then it won't hurt your application. You can simply explain the apparent discrepancy in your LOE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2017
daremum:
Thanks bro.
But why can't i pick and avoid uploading all these since i got no point for that.

Please everyone,kindly contribute your opinion pls,biko, ejo.

You certainly can, especially given that you got no point for it.

I just feel your pre and post ITA information shouldn't differ so much because you never know what the VO is gonna interpret as "misrepresentation". Again, this is my opinion and not a statement of fact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 19, 2017
Santino1:

Because your medicals is the like a ticking clock, if it expires before you land in Canada, you have to redo the medicals and wait for the medicals to be approved all over again. So the idea is the later your medicals, the more time you have.
No oh.. It is for folks who still wanna remain to tidy loose ends as they claim.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Madcow(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

Please can you explain what you mean exactly by this? If one can fill a complaint form and get to redo the listening section, why haven't many taken advantage of that? Don't forget that a lot of people will know if their performance in the listening was good for them or hopeless immediately after the test... And a lot of sound check is conducted before the actual audio is played, so what challenge exactly will the person claim? Shed more light on this, mbok.

send a private message...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Madcow(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2017
elfmann:

Cancel and defer ur admission.

Hey Bro,

Please i am not very clear... do i cancel the Temporary Resident Visa Application? or defer my ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2017
Don't mean to be a pessimist but it is better to be save than be sorry, no one knows what tomorrow holds.
We have seen cases on this thread where the entire 6month plus some days was used in processing their application. If people like that had medicals done about 2months before their AOR for whatever reason, do the maths plus PPR to COPR wait time.
That candidate will have barely 2months to exit before expiration of medicals, yea 2months is sufficient for someone that wants to exit immediately. But then, why not gain more time from onset by doing medicals close enough to submission date as advised by CIC so your decision to exit won't be excessively timebound.

elfmann:

No oh.. It is for folks who still wanna remain to tidy loose ends as they claim.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2017
Madcow:

Hey Bro,

Please i am not very clear... do i cancel the Temporary Resident Visa Application? or defer my ITA?

He meant if the TRV is for study permit, cancel the TRV application and call your school to defer your admission. DO NOT DEFER ITA o....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Madcow(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2017
sleekysilk:

He meant if the TRV is for study permit, cancel the TRV application and call your school to defer your admission. DO NOT DEFER ITA o....

Many thanks.

The TRV was for "General Visit" not study.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2017
elfmann:

Read merrymum's. I know u r good, let IRCC do their thing. IRCC said primary NOC but the tweet said one NOC... Sb used different NOCs and was successful... You have three years no matter how it is recalculated.

Looked in detail into this foreign work experience stuff and found some things:

Apparently, CIC allows (or should allow) the use of foreign work experience (outside Canada) in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, A or B. This means, you could effectively combine different NOCs in your application. This justifies merrymum's application which combined work experience in finance and oil&gas. This is acceptable as long as it

1. consists of full-time work experience
2. is acquired within the 10-year period preceding application
3. paid, etc.

So, if you've got 3 years of such various NOCs (0, A & B only), you can get the maximum points for express entry and obtain a decent CRS score. This is according to the ministerial instruction for the express entry application system. According to the document, under "Foreign Work Experience":

25 (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

Now, for the different schemes under EE, other conditions apply.

However, to qualify for PR under the Federal Skilled Worker program, you would need only one primary NOC and you'll make sure to have at least 1 year on this NOC, which should be 0, A or B. And of course, it must meet all the other FSW requirements as below. In the same vein, you can combine NOCs here to complete 1 year. However, they must all be in the same NOC.

This would be what that IRCC tweet meant. The answer was posed wrongly and should have referred to the FSW program.

[imghttps://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/10/20/IMG_0594.jpg[/img]

To qualify for PR under the Federal Skilled Trades program, your work experience would need to meet a separate list of requirements, including that it should be 2 years and should be within 5 years of application, not 10.

On the other hand, to qualify for PR under the Canadian Experience Class, the requirement for work experience is that it must be 1-year and be obtained within three years of application.

As you'll see, all of these different work experiences are all subset of the work experience required under express entry, which in itself has no limit on the number of NOCs you can combine.

So, as an example, let's say Bisi has 2-year work experience as a paid teacher and 1-year as a banker with GTB, all within 10 years of applying under FSW through Express Entry. Bisi should sure be able to claim maximum score for experience under Express Entry (3 years of experience), thereby boosting her CRS score. But in order to qualify for PR under FSW, she will only be able to use one NOC, either as a paid teacher (and claim 2 years) or as a banker (and claim 1 year). If any of these is unable to elevate her above the required 67pts under FSW, she may remain ineligible for FSW even though she may have high CRS score.

If the same Bisi has 5-month experience each as a paid teacher, banker, engineer & lawyer, she will have a sum of 1 year & 8 months experience in different NOCs which she can use to obtain a good CRS score under express entry, but will remain ineligible for PR under FSW as she doesn't have the required minimum of 1 year in any NOC, i.e. she has no primary NOC.

Similarly, if Bisi has 2-month experience each as an accountant with KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte, Firstbank, GTB & Stanbic (wow, Bisis must be one brilliant chic, lol!), she would have raked in 1-year experience in a primary NOC (accountancy) and should thus be eligible to combine these NOCs towards PR under the FSW scheme.

In the case of merrymum, my good guess is that while the sum of different NOCs boosted her CRS score under express entry, only one of the NOCs was sufficient to ensure she got the necessary score above 67 which she needed under FSW. Let's look at it: she has a 2.5-year experience as an engineer. This means she could have gotten for FSW, with CLB 9, 24pts on language, 21 pts for Education (let's say she has only Bachelor's), 11 pts for work experience, and 12pts for Age (I'm sure she is between 18-35). This would have taken her FSW score to 68/100 and would have qualified her neatly with only one job experience. She can come and clear this; I could be wrong.

These are just findings from looking at the details. We needed to clear this as it is causing too much confusion. Anyways, who knows, I may be wrong.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations, bro. May the Lord grant you your heart's desire.

Amen. Thanks ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2017
bepop:
Don't mean to draw anyone back. Congrats to everyone who made the points. I keep scoring low in my ielts listening practice . I am beginning to think there's cotton wool in my ears. Please how can i improve my score. Thanks.
Listening is actually the easiest component of the IELTS. How many tests have you done so far? Where's your weakness? Have you identified it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2017
einsteino:

yes boss, UNN sends verification via email, i think hardcopy/post mail verification can be done under special arrangement. for verification i paid 10k via my atm card on UNN iverifaction portal. for the gingering I didnt need to expend cash.

Hi Eisteino,

Do you think it is a good idea to pay for both transcript and verification at once on the UNN itranscript portal.
Secondly, what email address of WES did you provide on the portal as it's part of the requirement.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.