Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511279 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
sunvick:
Impossible is nothing ohh!!
If lots of people tweet/mail at CIC making reference that Australia accepts combined test. You never can tell, they might internally consider it for the future. Its worth giving a try.

Never say never.

Chairman, if u sabi the number of pakis and indians wey BC dey use them money play ludo on steady, you no go mind wetin Nigerians dey go through.

Thankfully at least English is our first language compared to other middle easterns.

I think The main reason why its that stringent is to attract the best skilled talents from around the world. Na minister go get mind change am no be cic matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
Guys, has anyone obtained transcript fro university of Abuja? How can I do it? How easy/difficult is the process?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by peaceful22: 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
gorgebaby:
Praise report!

Wrote the 2nd November ielts and thankfully I had:

L - 9
R - 8
W - 8
S - 7

In another world I would contest the reading and speaking, but in this world I am running with the scores as they are.

Am unable to view my own result. I don't know why. Same 2nd Nov.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
Na so o sis. Lol
Newmum0615:
We will be here, somebody will marry somebody in Cannyland. Let me kuku advocate for special asoebi for Nairalanders on this thread. Because this thing I am seeing in the future e sweero. grin

Take note: Moving train & Shining star (I didn't call anyone's name o)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
I wont mind giving it a shot sir. Lets petition the guy, its either a NO or YES. Using Australia as a reference pointer can make our appeal open for review or evaluation.
Age was recently moved from from 19 to 21, guess people appealed for it.

Who has tweeter, facebook or email of Immigration minister.

threadstone:

Chairman, if u sabi the number of pakis and indians wey BC dey use them money play ludo on steady, you no go mind wetin Nigerians dey go through.

Thankfully at least English is our first language compared to other middle easterns.

I think The main reason why its that stringent is to attract the best skilled talents from around the world. Na minister go get mind change am no be cic matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Na me be liaison officer. U get answer for me or not? FYI, I got my ECA report this morning. Before you go thinking I am asking for myself.

philip3:

all these your colleagues no wan read nairaland?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
Theyolu:
I have called all the British Council offices - Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Kano and Abuja. No luck. Kano rang once then switched off. I received a reminder email to pay up within 24 hours this morning. It will be one week tomorrow I made the payment. It is so annoying!
Consider this post https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/403#62129524
A friend who got that 24hours reminder also confirmed the first email worked, got confirmation within minutes. You might want to try if you've not sent to these addresses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
threadstone:
Now back to the main question. Is it possible to use two sitting for ielts. As in two results?
Lets say i have 8.5 8.5 7 6.5 and i have 8 7 6.5 7.
I weak!!! Biko, let's have the WES version. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
peaceful22:
Try this link https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx if you're using a different route.

Ensure all details are correct, check that the Alphabet starting your passport number is written in Capital.

If you still can't get through, check back later today. If symptom persists till much later in the day, BC will consult you before the end of today, I believe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nazor83: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need clarification on something. I'm applying to WES for evaluation of my certificates, a BSC and a PGD certificate but the cost they checked for me is about 233CAD. Is this correct or should it be 400+CAD? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nazor83:
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need clarification on something. I'm applying to WES for evaluation of my certificates, a BSC and a PGD certificate but the cost they checked for me is about 233CAD. Is this correct or should it be 400+CAD? Thanks.
You're on track. 233 is the amount when going with standard shipping.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good day my good people...

I'm bothered but I know there's wisdom in multitude of counsel...hence I need your opinion from our collective knowledge here

My situation:

I applied for PNP(provincial nomination)and I was contacted to submit my my Bachelor’s degree.
Whilst submitting the application, I had submitted my highest qualification required (which is an MBA) plus my ICAN certificate (though not required).

My 1st degree is in Philosophy...but I have always in the last 9 years of my working life used my ICAN qualification to secure jobs (including the place I'm currently working now) and my employers were always aware of my 1st degree background.

I currently work as an accountant in accounting roles (never worked with my 1st degree once) and this informed my NOC 1111

Pls how do I address this provincial ADR asking for my 1st degree. How do I explain to the Visa Officer (VO) that ICAN formed the basis of the job experience that I have in the last 8 years

Note. I qualified as a chartered accountant before entering the Labour market (about the same time I graduated from my 1st degree) before NYSC year.

I further went ahead to earn an MBA in 2015 whilst working, to consolidate my finance background.

The concern is that if the VO doesn't understand properly (the peculiarity of our educational combinations in this clime) he might erroneously slam NOC/Education/experience mismatch on my application.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by honeybeetom: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
AVAILABLE VACANT APARTMENT IN MANITOBA!!!!
I have a 2 bedroom apartment for rent at Niakwa road, Winnipeg, Manitoba. The location is central and very close to a lot of social amenities, such as; superstores, healthcare, employment Manitoba, schools etc. The monthly rent fee is negotiable. Let me know if you or someone you know would be interested.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JesusBabyyy: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
I am hoping its next week, so I can get into the pool before the next draw, my wes report is due to be completed this Friday. Please when WES gives a due date for report completion, do they update the report on the date given?

cochtrane:

Next week, most likely, given the numbers they need to meet before year's end.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by happytbaby: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
From the people I have been privy to ...they complete it a few days earlier (typically).

In my own case, my status changed from 'reviewing your report' to 'reviewing your documents' about 4days before the due date, I immediately knew 'say the thing don get k-leg'. Next day they sent another verification request to my Uni, however, my Uni responded quickly and I got the ECA on Nov 3 as against the initial due date of Nov 1.

My interpretation of my case is that the person that was meant to authorize had issues with the first verification, they were actually about to issue my report when the status changed. I know why they had issues with the verification though.

JesusBabyyy:
I am hoping its next week, so I can get into the pool before the next draw, my wes report is due to be completed this Friday. Please when WES gives a due date for report completion, do they update the report on the date given?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
Theyolu:
I have called all the British Council offices - Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Kano and Abuja. No luck. Kano rang once then switched off. I received a reminder email to pay up within 24 hours this morning. It will be one week tomorrow I made the payment. It is so annoying!

Same here, paid on Thursday too, just got the reminder email, I want call my bank now to cancel the transaction, if possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
JesusBabyyy:

I'd say you just wait for the ECA to be completed. You never know if this may change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Theyolu: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
Thanks Kontagious. I bookmarked that post since. It's so weird. I had sent to the first email address the same date I paid with no response. I just resent now and I got an automated response. Since this is almost 4pm, I am hoping to get confirmation by tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Kontagious:

Consider this post https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/403#62129524
A friend who got that 24hours reminder also confirmed the first email worked, got confirmation within minutes. You might want to try if you've not sent to these addresses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JesusBabyyy: 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
oh wow! I just pray they don't delay further. It is well.

happytbaby:
From the people I have been privy to ...they complete it a few days earlier (typically).

In my own case, my status changed from 'reviewing your report' to 'reviewing your documents' about 4days before the due date, I immediately knew 'say the thing don get k-leg'. Next day they sent another verification request to my Uni, however, my Uni responded quickly and I got the ECA on Nov 3 as against the initial due date of Nov 1.

My interpretation of my case is that the person that was meant to authorize had issues with the first verification, they were actually about to issue my report when the status changed. I know why they had issues with the verification though.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
smslive2:
Hey Fam,

Please check this out... MPNP Skilled Worker Support Program! Its for Manitoba. I cant post link oo, i fear Ban like i fear Okada

Its called morden immigration.

Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative offers eligible skilled workers an opportunity to immigrate to our community through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program with the formal support of the city of Morden.

This program of offering formal support to applicants who have no other connections or means up support in Canada is called Morden’s Community Driven Immigration Initiative (MCDII).

Manitoba has one of the most unfriendly processes of all the provinces. Sometimes taking up to 18months to get PNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by BlackMimir: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hey Guys,
Please i'll like to know where in Lagos I can take a suitable digital passport for the application, I no wan hear stories from dem Canada people. I stay in Surulere but wouldn't mind going anywhere.
Also, do I need to merge my reference letter from employer with the payslips?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JesusBabyyy: 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Patiently waiting o. I no get choice.

cochtrane:

I'd say you just wait for the ECA to be completed. You never know if this may change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gorgebaby: 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
I am sorry about that. Have you been able to view the result now? You may try Kontagious' suggestions.

All the best.

peaceful22:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
gorgebaby:
Thanks. In all honesty, I only prepared for the listening section the two times I wrote the test. I used ieltsonlinedotcom (I don't want to be censored) majorly. My weakness in the first listening test was the map/diagram, which I then faced squarely whilst preparing for the second test, but thankfully I didn't encounter.

Tips? Practice and more practice. You can only recognize your weak points when you practise and hopefully by the time you are writing the actual test, you would have mastered them.

I wish you all the best!

How did you cope with the advance listening test, for ieltsonlinedotcom? I keep "junking (fail)" the fill in the gap summary test, and this is causing me fear right now. Another challenge I have is the pluralization of words, sometimes I miss-out the "s" due to the foreign ascent of the speaker, and this causes the computer to mark it wrong for me. Is it likely someone will be marked wrong if he seldomly omits the "s" or can't someone be pardon for omission of "s" for singular verbs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Theyolu:
Thanks Kontagious. I bookmarked that post since. It's so weird. I had sent to the first email address the same date I paid with no response. I just resent now and I got an automated response. Since this is almost 4pm, I am hoping to get confirmation by tomorrow. Fingers crossed
I believe you will get the confirmation in no distant time, that's the same way the referenced friend confirmed getting the auto response saying they'd treat. Though he got the auto response much earlier in the day and confirmatory mail same day, maybe an hour in between. Considering time like you mentioned, let's see how yours plays out.

In all, you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by peaceful22: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
gorgebaby:
I am sorry about that. Have you been able to view the result now? You may try Kontagious' suggestions.

All the best.

Not yet, i think is Abuja centre in particular.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Theyolu: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
Don't cancel yet. You may consider resending an email to examsnigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org if you haven't done so. Are you in Lagos? How about visiting their office on behalf of 'the two both of us' tomorrow?

Petrelli112:
Same here, paid on Thursday too, just got the reminder email, I want call my bank now to cancel the transaction, if possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ogunesan(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
rossferno:
Hello house, does anyone have a reliable contact in LAUTECH to help with my MBA transcript. I have been on it for two months with no end in sight. Please help.

if you are in Ogbomoso, just enter campus and go to students affair building

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
ogunesan:
if you are in Ogbomoso, just enter campus and go to students affair building
A plea to all,

This plea has been made a couple of times but then, some folks skip to read through the thread thus missing the warnings.

Can we please be mindful how personal details are shared here, especially without the person's consent. Not just number and email address but detailing where such persons can be found, what they do and including names might be lead to security breach.

Rather it might just be polite to request a PM or you PM your intended help. You can as well make a post/reply stating you have a contact just so someone else in future needing such information can see and then contact you for the details.

An exception might be made to our Alagbon PCC Inspector. You wey won scam or use oga olopa identity will think twice na, plus this thread already has his details in multiple posts.

Please edit your post Ogunesan, take out the vital information. If Rossferno is yet to pick the name and number, you guys can connect through PM.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 4:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
i no wan lol too much ............na no this one no be waec two sitting.. grin bad guy

threadstone:
Una wehdone oo. The konji is kontagious ly catching up to una in this hot Nigerian weather. Canadian Fly on with the matchmaking.

Awon ti Thai

I dey cochtrane (coach/train)

If una get wetin Djimon get sha (+18)

Now back to the main question. Is it possible to use two sitting for ielts. As in two results?
Lets say i have 8.5 8.5 7 6.5 and i have 8 7 6.5 7.

Plx seniors epp here.
@santino1 @glitteringstar @40manlappy. Shey make i add @canadianfly an boss13?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
Kano is your best bet as the guy incharge there is up and doing. he will fix the issue for you. check their website for the mobile line. i understand lagos landline is still not working.

Theyolu:

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.