Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Return Of President Muhammadu Buhari: An Essential Panacea Long Overdue. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Return Of President Muhammadu Buhari: An Essential Panacea Long Overdue. (489 Views)

"The Desperate Agenda Of Buhari, An Evil Tyrant" - Femi Fani-Kayode / Archbishop Okogie Writes Buhari An Open Letter: Are You A Nigerian Or Not? / Fani-Kayode Calls Buhari “An Uncircumcised Philistine” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Return Of President Muhammadu Buhari: An Essential Panacea Long Overdue. by Akinwerndey: 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
THE RETURN OF PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI: AN ESSENTIAL PANACEA LONG OVERDUE.

For more than over a hundred (100) days the ailing President of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammudu Buhari embarked on a medical sojourn to London, United Kingdom in search of a treatment for an undisclosed ailment. Prior to the vacation , the President relayed to the National assembly , that he has transmitted powers to his Vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbanjo to coordinate National Affairs ( though most people argued whether it was in acting capacity or as a coordinator, but he did hold sway to act the part in my person opinion though).

Whilst the President was still in London, the polity was overheated with range of National issues, most driven by sentiments and tribalism, which tend to flame the embers of war, and further reenact the second coming of a civil war in Nigeria. The ultimatum given by the Arewa youth forum in the Northern region (which still stands) and the secession in the South east / South south region driven by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mr Nnamdi Kanu, has created a tensed socio political milieu like no other, since the return of democracy sixteen (16) years ago. These two divide mentioned above, went ahead to lead for the calls by other regions demanding independence and willingness to secede also. In lieu of this agitations and mammoth challenges the Nigerian State faces, most scholars and well-meaning individuals, recommended the need for restructuring and introduction of true Federalism as a panacea to this current Nigeria’s quagmire (i also wholesomely support that notion too).

During the Absence of the President, his Vice (though in acting capacity) tried to act the part competently , by preaching unity and condemning hate speeches to the best of his ability, even recently terming hate speeches as an act of terrorism . Even when trying difficultly to hold the country gleefully through the use of intellectualism, the Vice President did indeed still needed the extra influence and cult like aura of the ailing President, thus as to drive deep his position to some quarters of the Nation , because to some, an actor cannot become a military commander in a non-fiction scenario ( because many argued within their regional abode of the ability and inability of the Vice president to wield the hammer as a commander in relations in a situation at requires military action were need be).

On the 19th day of August 2017, i woke up to a delighting and elating press release from the Special Adviser ( SA) on Media to the President, Mr Femi Adesina, who stated that his Principal will be back to the country on the said date , after one hundred and three ( 103) days of Medical Vacation . I limped for joy! the commander- in-chief is back, the man known “ the lion king” in mouth of his cult like followers has returned . For me, it should be considered strongly that the return of Buhari is a good omen, as he is the paramount solution to the ember of disunity being flamed, the wide negative sentiment spreading around and man who would permanently stop the hands of those beating the drums of war.
I for one, want to urge the President to consider this former statement that “the unity of Nigeria is non negotiable, as I believe that Nigeria’s unity is negotiable , with instrumentalities like the urgent need for restructuring to engender true federalism and dunce the heightened tension in the country, as it should be noteworthy that dynamism is the key to societal sustainability.

As a shepherd leading his sheep, the President in his Monday early morning broadcast should reassure the country of his intentions, frame work and modalities to protect lives and properties of his citizens. On a final note, no sane man with a conscience and blood flowing through his veins should wish another death, i have never wished the president death, and no man should, rather we should pray for him to stay alive and fulfill his promises, until whenever the almighty wishes to take him. As I await the President’s media broadcast on Monday, I want to indeed sincerely welcome him back to Nigeria and I pray for him to gather the enormous strength needed to tackle the tedious challenges facing his office and the country in general.

Comrade Humphrey Ukeaja.
source: https://www.soundmindsforum.com/2017/08/19/return-president-muhammadu-buhari-essential-panacea-long-overdue/
Re: The Return Of President Muhammadu Buhari: An Essential Panacea Long Overdue. by AtkinsPlanet(m): 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
We all awaited his return, now our prayer is for God to strengthen him against all odds, so he can lead our beloved country, successfully.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari To Address Nigerians Tomorrow By 7am / Complete Transcript Of President Buhari Speech On Unity To Nigerians. Read What / Kanu Threaten To Kill Anyone That Enters Biafraland Using Ipob (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.