Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

The Prez Is Back; What's Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Prez Is Back; What's Next? (281 Views)

Prez Buhari Achievements In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prez Is Back; What's Next? by coolphemie07(m): 1:12am On Aug 20, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari is probably the most loved Nigerian leader of all time. His relationship with the bigger mass of the citizenry justifies the belief that love is unconditional.

Yet, some will argue that the pillaging of the country's commonwealth by successive administrations (military or democratic) had created resentment in the hearts of the people, and that anyone perceived to have a reputation of decorum, modesty or discipline would naturally win the masses' trust. Well, I don't get their point. And I don't think I'll love it.

Some also posit that because the nation at this time has an abysmally low supply of this virtue on its political space, a Buhari can easily be dusted, packaged and sold. Well, don't jealous him, I insist.

I however ensure that I get a 'take home' from their arguments. This is particularly for my demography; the youth. The fact that corrupt people admit that honesty pays is something to cheer up for. Hear this; your honesty will someday pay.

Yes we're happy our preferred alternative is back. And the Buhari effect is really strong. But sadly people who have legitimate interest and questions may be having their voices lost to the cacophony. In some cases, they might be bullied into silence.

If a hundred day absentia can elicit massive amounts of celebration it must also generate actionable concerns. And these questions must not be flagged down or labeled as inappropriate.

So while the celebration lasts, the returnee Commanda must warm up not only for duty, but also for frank and intense civil engagements. He owes his employers some audience and some explaining.

Our love for celebrities in the social arena often places on them the responsibility to 'serve' us their bests. It makes them strive to do more. It puts them on their toes, makes them know that we have an expectation. When they leave this responsibility derelict, they fade.

The several million Nigerians who voted the Prez to power, and who have shown him overwhelming and what some see as undeserved love, have expectations.

Every empty and unhelpful affection must be shed.

They must get real with Mr. President. Baba, too, if he loves them back, must get real with them. He must be real with Nigeria and Nigerians - his employers.

To be real with you Mr. Buhari, there's no point subjecting your beautiful reputation to some parliamentary slights before Nigeria's unarmed robbers here in Abuja (apology to Obj) on account of not being fit. These guys have a way of being good at their job sometimes, you know. If the energy in you can no longer power the office he occupies, you please do the needful. This is on one hand.

On the other hand, Prez, you have been certified fit by the British infirmary - this is the report that choose to believe - and you're back to full throttle. It must therefore be loud on your heart that Nigeria has a pressing expectation. We now want a pause to coordination. We want to be presided over. Let there be a country once again.

Massive job creation, security, restructuring. Internal cohesion, education, refinery. What ailed you and how much it cost me; are questions I hope to have you answer in as clear terms as possible. Devoid of Femi, Garba and Lai effects.

I dare to make the following demands because I trust your civility as gentleman president - a converted democrat. I know that unlike a certain mass of your loyalists, you understands precisely what duty you signed up for.

You, Mr. Buhari, are a fine gentleman. Kind, competent, firm and loyal.

You're my president, you're my employee. They're not.

Welcome back!
Oshaloto, Joseph Tade

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Economy Of Yesterday And Today / Nigeria And The State Governors, A Case Study. / IMN Prepares For The International Day Of The Victims Of Enforced Disappearances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.