Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod (777 Views)

Honda Accord 03/04 Eod Fabric Clean Used... 780k Sold / Urgent sale:Super Clean Reg 04 Eod Ex @750k flat / Extra Regd Sharp Complete Sports Trim Exl 04 Eod For Sale . Manual Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by all4gold: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
My steering tends to vibrate when i engage my gear i.e when i press d brake and put it to drive it vibrates, please i need help on it all the possible cause and solution
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by KunleA2(m): 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
front rotor might be warped undecided
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by jtoliver: 9:48am On Feb 18, 2010
@all4gold: from your post I assume that you're driving an auto trans, right? so steering vibrates when from standstill, you press the brakes to release the transmission lock to engage Drive? Does it only happen during cold starts?

It might not have anything to do with your steering - could be more about the transmission. First thing you should check is the auto transmission fluid condition and level. When was the last time you had a transmission flush? If you recently did, did you use the prescribed ATF for the make and model of your car?
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by webmaster3: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2010
The ATF prescribed for that car is Honda ATF z1 which cannot be found in lagos (i have searched everywhere) also another subtitute is the Mobil 1 which i have also searched for and cannot get it anywhere in lagos. Even Honda place use Dexron II fluid instead of Dexron III oil standard. Mobil also sells Dexron II atf oil. If any one knows where i can get the ATF please help as i also need to change the ATF in my Honda EOD, just reached the 50,000miles specfied by honda for an ATF change
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by KunleA2(m): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
web_master:

The ATF prescribed for that car is Honda ATF z1 which cannot be found in lagos (i have searched everywhere) also another subtitute is the Mobil 1 which i have also searched for and cannot get it anywhere in lagos. Even Honda place use Dexron II fluid instead of Dexron III oil standard. Mobil also sells Dexron II atf oil. If any one knows where i can get the ATF please help as i also need to change the ATF in my Honda EOD, just reached the 50,000miles specfied by honda for an ATF change

Why is it so hard to find in Lagos? Have you checked Ladipo?
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by webmaster3: 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
Yeah checked ladipo and oyingbo market which i thought had all honda parts but couldn't get it. Wonder why a dealer like Honda Place can't even sell honda recommended ATF
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by KunleA2(m): 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
web_master:

Yeah checked ladipo and oyingbo market which i thought had all honda parts but couldn't get it. Wonder why a dealer like Honda Place can't even sell honda recommended ATF

Hmmm. i will put up a new thread and see if the others in the house are lucky getting one
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by all4gold: 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
Thanks a bunch, but my mechanic said it is the engine sitting that's bad dnt knw hw true that is any more suggestions?
Re: Need Urgent Advice On My 04 Eod by webmaster3: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
Could be the engine Seat. that car has almost 4 or 5 engine seats but to confirm you can actually open the bonnet and check the front and back engine seats they are very visible and if its damaged, you'll be able to see. The other engine seats are not so visible.

(1) (Reply)

Used Mack R Model Tipping Trailer For Sale / Do I Need To Get Any Papers Before I Go To Cotounu Dealers Reply / 1996 Honda Bulldog For Sale 600k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.