Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? (4563 Views)

Beans Is Carbohydrate Not Protein / Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes / "Beans And Banana" Is It A Good Combination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by imustsaymymindo: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2017
Do you know why?
Re: Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by Destined2win: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2017
I don't know oo.

Na only to chop them I know

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by 4tunebest(f): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Please permit me to say that although the starch content of plantain is higher than banana, the vitamin content in plantain is much more than banana. Likewise, the moisture content of banana is much more than plantain. Consequently, the hydrolysis process converts more carbohydrate to sugar in the one with higher moisture content, in this case banana. This explains why ripe banana is sweeter and less starchy than ripe unfried plantain. This is one reason why plantain is regarded as a starchy vegetable, and banana, a fruit

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by imustsaymymindo: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2017
4tunebest:
Please permit me to say that although the starch content of plantain is higher than banana, the vitamin content in plantain is much more than banana. Likewise, the moisture content of banana is much more than plantain. Consequently, the hydrolysis process converts more carbohydrate to sugar in the one with higher moisture content, in this case banana. This explains why ripe banana is sweeter and less starchy than ripe unfried plantain. This is one reason why plantain is regarded as a starchy vegetable, and banana, a fruit

Thanks for the answer. So, it's better eating plantatain unfried for its benefits. Is unripe banana healthy?
Re: Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
imustsaymymindo:

Thanks for the answer. So, it's better eating plantatain unfried for its benefits. Is unripe banana healthy?

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at your question.

I don't know but unripe banana is poison to me. I've never heard it being consumed.
Re: Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by imustsaymymindo: 1:01am On Aug 26, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at your question.

I don't know but unripe banana is poison to me. I've never heard it being consumed.

People say it is good. Unripe banana mixed with water leaf.
Re: Why Is Plantain-carbohydrate And Banana-vitamin? by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2017
imustsaymymindo:

People say it is good. Unripe banana mixed with water leaf.
Just knowing about this. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Meals To Try In Edo. / Please Who Knows The Real Name Of This 'Fruit'? / Foods Not To Eat When You Have Fibroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.