Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,716 members, 7,813,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist (2138 Views)

Nowhere In The Bible Says A Christian Can't Defend Himself -pastor Adeboye / Nkechi Bianze: COZA Agent Offered Me Money To Defend Pastor Biodun / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by purem(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2017
I have stop going to church since a while now coz I don't see meaning in serving imaginary God who doesn't even know maybe I exist.

Can't get answers from him on the questions of my life.

Even the folks that claim to be serving him with all their might has many problems that he seems unconcerned about.

So after some searching and enquiry I later realize myself as an atheist.

But the thing is I can't seem to defend myself when all this deluded religion bigots hit on me either on real life or on net but I can say am coping on real life sha.

So atheist in the house come help a brother.

Hopefullandlord
Chemystry
4evergod
Lillieboy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 20, 2017
my bro, just lit a fire put ur hand on it, oh u already know the pain right,that one is just q tip of an iceberg, unrestricted, more intense, everlasting pure fire is awaiting sinners. leave it or believe rapture is coming.

that day when parents won't knows their ward, when helterskelter will be in rampant, when laughter, joy, sorrowful,pain, sobbing will be mixed........

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Josephjnr(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2017
Defend yourself in what sense exactly?
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2017
how do you mean "Defend myself"?
and this part too "hit on me either on real life or on net"
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 20, 2017
What's there to defend?
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by purem(m): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
my bro, just lit a fire put ur hand on it, oh u already know the pain right,that one is just q tip of an iceberg, unrestricted, more intense, everlasting pure fire is awaiting sinners. leave it or believe rapture is coming.

that day when parents won't knows their ward, when helterskelter will be in rampant, when laughter, joy, sorrowful,pain, sobbing will be mixed........

Since when we have been hearing all dis shit u'r saying?
Lemme help u to answer since the days of Jesus.

Even he JESUS imsef promise to kom back but we have not seen im

Bro Abeg talk anoda tin jo

3 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by purem(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2017
Josephjnr:
Defend yourself in what sense exactly?

Asin when it comes to argument

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by purem(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Defend myself from evangelist saying shit on my hear dey are so many in my neighborhood

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Josephjnr(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2017
purem:

Asin when it comes to argument

Is there really need to defend yourself? Say the truth and you will be defended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by purem(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2017
Josephjnr:

Is there really need to defend yourself? Say the truth and you will be defended.

Bro have u ever met all dis Jehovah witness or people dat goes for evangelism before
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Josephjnr(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2017
purem:

Bro have u ever met all dis Jehovah witness or people dat goes for evangelism before

One thing you should know is this,no matter how strong you try to explain, they won't follow what you say because they know the truth but afraid to accept it. "Many will believe in a lie because they want it to be true or they are afraid it might be true." by Zeddicus Zorander.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Uyi168: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

..i'm ashame of u..da daq did u just type?
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2017
purem:

Since when we have been hearing all dis shit u'r saying?
Lemme help u to answer since the days of Jesus.

Even he JESUS imsef promise to kom back but we have not seen im

Bro Abeg talk anoda tin jo

Calm down you are still very much excited.. Relax

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2017
purem:

Defend myself from evangelist saying shit on my hear dey are so many in my neighborhood

I believe you are already doing just that in your own aggressive way, I don't know what other help you need.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2017
it like atheists full this place, let me be going qnd be coming

but what u don't know is dat did u guys fall from sky or can u tell me who created u

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by CAPSLOCKED: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2017
johnydon22:

Calm down you are still very much excited.. Relax

I AGREE THAT MOST OF US PASSED THROUGH THIS PHASE.

THERE'S NOTHING TO DEFEND YOURSELF FROM, OP.
UNLESS THINGS GET VIOLENT PHYSICALLY. OTHERWISE CONSTANT SILENCE AND SOMETIMES A SINGLE DOSE OF COMMON SENSE IS ENOUGH.

IF YOU NEED AN EXTRA TOOL, STUDY THE BIBLE.

7 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by chynie: 10:15am On Aug 20, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

Stop threatening non-Christian with hell fire
If ppl of other faith threaten you with their god does it move u?
Same way, hell fire don't move non-Christians

5 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by obisco4u: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2017
Relax brother. I also stopped believing in God November last year when I discovered that there is one up there to answer prayers for me or anybody. You just discovered the truth the hard way just we all did. All you need to defend yourself from are all the lies religion has to offer.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2017
just ignore them bro but argue online if you want to, do not be afraid of losing online arguments cuz you'll learn from it, as soon as you're fairly confident of your ability to argue well online, you can then progress to offline but be very careful when arguing offline cuz its a different ball game as it may cost you a lot, even your life

8 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by MyNewJackeT: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2017
obisco4u:
Relax brother. I also stopped believing in God November last year when I discovered that there is one up there to answer prayers for me or anybody. You just discovered the truth the hard way just we all did. All you need to defend yourself from are all the lies religion has to offer.

You need to meet some of these jehovah witnesses they are good in answering most of your questions concerning God or if there's no God. But are you telling us you believe in evolution and the big bang theory?

And purem.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by obisco4u: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

You need to meet some of these jehovah witnesses they are good in answering most of your questions concerning God or if there's no God. But are you telling us you believe in evolution and the big bang theory?

And purem.

Am not telling you to belive anything. What to believe is left for you to discover.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by MyNewJackeT: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2017
So you mean atheist don't believe in anything,?

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by purem(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2017
obisco4u:

Am not telling you to belive anything. What to believe is left for you to discover.

I like the way u answer the question

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
I think you should never really feel like you HAVE to defend yourself. I don't force anyone to listen to my justifications and you shouldn't feel the need to listen to anyone's.

When you needed to debate just go through your own reasons for becoming atheist. I'm sure before you realised you were atheist you thought about a lot of things.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
here are 3 tips.

1 Argue/debate using logic, if you don't know how to use logic, you might be owned in the process of debate but if you good at logic, religious won't stand atheism propositions or topics.
e.g, if they tell you, God created you and loves all what he created and a just God, asked them this, If you were God, you threaten to send one of your living creation to hell because they didn't love you back, is that just? The debate would take a new turn of the believer trying to justify his belief by using defense mechanism and might end up sounding funny.

2, if you can't use logic, apply common sense, a sense of a toddler, for example, if they told you, God created the heavy and earth, ask them who created God or if the say, Cain and Able were the only children of Adam and eve, ask them, where did the woman Cain and Abel got married to came from?

3, Others might fail but this doesn't fail and it's my greatest achievement on Earth so far. Its called Silence.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by JackBizzle: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lol......defend yourself?

Google about religion and politics. What fo you have internet for?

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Idango(m): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
I pity you young man, there is only one word the word of God used to refer to people like you "FOOL" you can check it out since the bible is one of your tools to defend yourself psalm 14 : 1

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by NairalandSARS: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
Purem, wetin carry you go argue with theists?
If you lack a belief in the existence of God, do you really have to tell anyone? I mean it is a state of mind, e no dey show for face.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by gabe: 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
Being an atheist is hard work mentally. Remember when Neo took d red pill in 'matrix'? That was when his training and suffering started. That was also when his real life started. Guy, u go read die. No pastor here to preach and soothe your ego with something he read from Miles Munro etc's book in return for your tithes. Browse atheist sites. Read their arguments. Browse christian/other religious sites. Read their counter-arguments. Always look for who has evidence. Evidence is truth. Read up on evolution, the big bang theory etc. Read books by atheists and understand their arguments. Read books by christian apologists who respond to atheism and understand their arguments. Being an atheist is harder than being a christian. Welcome to the real world.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by chemystery: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
I feel what you should be doing most of the time is to convince religionist why you chose to become an atheist, and why you think their believe is absurd. Don't take any argument towards that of attack and defence.

I believe if you have convinced yourself beyond doubt that atheism is the right and wisest choice for you, then you can convince any other person.

I started speaking up and engaging in debates 3 years after becoming an atheist. Before then, I do more of reading and listening. I feel you might still need to do more of reading and listening.

But i assure you that religionist are the easiest set of people to debate with. You know why? They don't use their brain during religious debate. They feel it is useless. So you are at a greater advantage.

Don't let them drag you into insults and badmouthing 'cause they will surely beat you black-and-blue over there nor let them distract you towards debating over a false analogy brought up over the main argument. When you see such analogies, debunk them immediately and move over to the main discussion. Don't let them drag you back!

Remember, they might be intelligent o. I mean very intelligent but unfortunately they don't take their brain along during religious debate. This is reason they believe an imaginary being cares about their plight. This is the very same reason why they can never win you in debate!

3 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
Olodo grin

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
To argue on the existence of God obviously.
hopefulLandlord:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Christianity Is Fake (Religion As A Whole) / Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? / Jewels Falling From Heaven In The Church In Puerto Rico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.