Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities (40653 Views)

NECO delists Katsina, Kebbi, Oyo schools over cheating / JAMB Delists 76 Exam Centres, Appoints SAN To Prosecute 100 Suspects / 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by shankara7: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sirwallace:

you just told the truth and that's why management courses are incorporated into the curriculum of engineering and technology discipline.

these schools are not created to award degrees in management but to breach the gap in technological decay in the country and promote local invention. contrary is what you get today.
in fact, it was on the need for technological advancement that lead to the industrial revolution in the 19th century.

also, during the world war, the Nazi used their polytechnic, not universities to discover nerve gas that killed millions during the war.

@ Sirwallace, so because FUTO sacked you as a lecturer in the department of maritime management technology(also your alma mater) because of your corrupt practices, you think this is the right platform to pour out your frustration?
Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by shankara7: 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
shankara7:
@ Sirwallace, so because FUTO sacked you as a lecturer in the department of maritime management technology(also your alma mater) because of your corrupt practices, you think this is the right platform to pour out your frustration?
Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by shankara7: 11:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Vicboi1:
pls am currently studying transport management technology in futo what's my fate
No cause for alarm. FUTO school of management technology is as old as FUTO. It has been in FUTO since 1981, one mallam somewhere in abuja
can't scrap it just like that. The worst case scenario will be a little change in the nomenclature of these courses. For example, Maritime Management Tech to Maritime studies as obtainable in US and maybe Project Mgt Tech moved to Environmental sciences because that is where it belongs. Transport and logistics management, project management, maritime management etc offered in FUTO are core science and technology courses globally. It is just like saying estate management is not a science discipline just because management is attached to it. I'm very sure they will be advised appropriately soonest.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by Biggdan(m): 12:31am On Aug 21, 2017
Who dey epp. Mk3 Dem go die
Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by mapist(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:
We have very senseless leaders. That a school is a technological schools doesn't mean that they can't venture outside their area of core competence or focus.

Only if they have the required manpower. Now, the Q is, DO THEY?
Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by Longman6(m): 8:31am On Aug 21, 2017
writerights:

So MIT should offer accounting? Why have u chosen to reason this way?

MIT runs an MBA program and several other courses in organizational behavior

1 Like

Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by Ogurube: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Our leaders always have a way of chasing shadows or throwing red herrings. Instead of focusing on reinforcing those FUTs and FUAs to live up to their intended purposes, they'd rather fly off a tangent. MIT and CalTech that are technology-focused universities, offer management courses via their reputable Sloan School of Management and School of Humanities and Social Sciences, respectively. I studied Mathematics and Computer Science at FUT Owerri in the mid 90s without one computer in the department from 1994 -1999, not to talk of a functional computer lab on campus, installed with programs like MathLab, C++, Python, Java, Oracle, etc. It was a travesty! My professors, who were so pedantic about their theoretic knowledge, failed to expand our horizons beyond the box of rote learning or help us make connections between the weird courses we were taught and the real world, such as in telecommunications, banking and financial management, oil and gas management, etc. All the ODE/PDEs, Functional Analyses, Stochastic Processes, Fourier, Laplace, and Bessel functions and algorithms were mere theory lost on us. My secondary school education was even more hands-on that I taught Technical Drawing to classmates in university. We took Engineering Drawing 101 without a lab; 99% of students didn't know about isometric and orthogonal projections. I almost withdrew from the sham called a university of technology.

As an upperclassman, seeing the travesty of churning out half-baked graduates, and not wanting to be one, I started a campaign to source for computers from corporate and international organizations, which proved fruitless. Nonetheless, I decided to buy my own desktop computer, dared bring it to school, worked on my project in Natural Gas distribution, and also made it available for my course mates and other programming enthusiasts to write and debug programs. The lesson here is: the Ministry of Education or NUC or JAMB need to leave the management courses and face the real issues of equipping those schools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by Egalitarian1: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2017
I vehemently support FG on this
Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by khalliphah: 1:25am On Sep 02, 2017
Oooh bullshit! Its all bullshit! Nigeria is being bleeped up with bad government policy and its really affectin the life of some citizens especially those that can only afford to send their children to public universities! Where were they when those schools started running management courses? Its nonsense undecided! These has caused serious competitions in some universities Were is a limited space for admission! What are those people thinking? Why wont there be management courses in a specialized university? Why are they making education complicated? Why have they decided to frustrate the life of students seeking admission? Why will they just shutdown the whole thing just like without the consent of those that they know will be affected? Its bullshit! This is a federal state for God's sake! Every decision of government should be implemented with consideration and contribution of the citizens! God help Nigeria my country!
Re: JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities by Mixedfruit: 12:16am On Sep 18, 2021
shankara7:
Wallace sacked from futo?
when ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Ogun Schoolgirls Turn Smokers, Teachers Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.