Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post (9019 Views)

Alert Bloggers:globacom Blacklist Bloggers From Accesing Google Blogs / Please How Can Place My Google Adsense In The Middle Of My Post Please / How Can I Add Pictures On My Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2017
Very funny, Bro check my signature at .com
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by joey150(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2017
Lol no be person post you sef rewrite grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Generalkorex(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2017
Tittusstar22:
Use DMCA protection badge on your blog When people will see this badge, they will
understand that you're ready for battle for
your content. Disable right click and content selector on your blog - when you'll do this, nobody could copy&paste your blog posts manually.
Besides, you could do the same for the
source code.
Does it work on mobile
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Shakur86(m): 7:14am On Sep 25, 2017
Bloggers work too na copy copy
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Financialfree: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by fanex: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2017
use a piece of paper to cover it just like you use to do back then in school

or you could just concentrate on growing your brand and establishing yourself to the point whereby ppl will pay dearly if they ever copy your content.

holuwajobar:
Pleas i need someone to help me with the way i can stop this bloggers from copying my post.
Some of them will not even give credit to my blog, they will jez copy everything including the internal links.

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by ITbomb(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2017
Someone is copying your posts with internal links and you are not happy?

That's free backlinks bro except that most of those copy and paste peeps have really low DA but it worked for me
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by 9jayes: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2017
You want to copy mine?
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Lexusgs430: 7:18am On Sep 25, 2017
holuwajobar:
Pleas i need someone to help me with the way i can stop this bloggers from copying my post.
Some of them will not even give credit to my blog, they will jez copy everything including the internal links.

Take them to court, for intellectual property theft........ Weigh cost of legal redress vs simply ignoring them or calling them out on your blog.......

1 Like

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by virus05(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2017
Haha. All of you saying report to dcma. Don't you know there are dcma ignored hosting. They won't even talk to you. Actually there's nothing you can do
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Lexusgs430: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2017
Tittusstar22:
Use DMCA protection badge on your blog When people will see this badge, they will
understand that you're ready for battle for
your content. Disable right click and content selector on your blog - when you'll do this, nobody could copy&paste your blog posts manually.
Besides, you could do the same for the
source code.

Have you heard of an app called, universal copy? It would copy anything. No right click, left click or centre click required......
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Realphilo(m): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2017
If yyou are using wordpress there is a plugin for that,
But do you know that stopping such decreases your SEO ?

Maybe I also ask, are you the real author of all the post you render on your site?

holuwajobar:

1 Like

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by fontpro(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2017
I have a very simple way to protect your content, it will be very difficult for copy cat to edit your content just convert it to jpeg, PNG, or any other image format.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Primebrains(f): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2017
COPY AND PASTE IS ALLOWED, WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF IT AS BLOGGERS. SO DONT TAKE OFFENCE, BUT WE SHOULD AT LEAST TRY TO CREDIT THE REAL SOURCE OF OUR INFO OR BLOG POST.

THANKS

1 Like

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by hardon1(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2017
joey150:
no mind them
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by godwinweb(m): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2017
nairalandic:
everyone in this world copies content from each other... But if u wena protect your content

Paste code in your edit html for

<script type="text/javascript">

/****************************************/***********************************************
* Disable Text Selection script- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* Please keep this notice intact
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/

function disableSelection(target){
if (typeof target.onselectstart!="undefined"wink //IE route
target.onselectstart=function(){return false}
else if (typeof target.style.MozUserSelect!="undefined"wink //Firefox route
target.style.MozUserSelect="none"
else //All other route (ie: Opera)
target.onmousedown=function(){return false}
target.style.cursor = "default"
}

//Sample usages
//disableSelection(document.body) //Disable text selection on entire body
//disableSelection(document.getElementById("mydiv"wink) //Disable text selection on element with id="mydiv"</script>

Then for wordpress install wpcopyprotect plugin and set as you want to use it

Dont foRget to visit caffinegeeks.com
learn how to make your website?blog search engine friendly
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:30am On Sep 25, 2017
it's so painful. .I understand how you feel for am always a victim of other bloggers copying my blog post. .one silly excuse these copy n paste bloggers do give is that 'other bloggers do copy their own post always'. .I will just laugh and ask if I am one of those bloggers?. .even if you instal copy content protection, they still know how to copy it. .they will copy from the post title down to the post contents and links. .no editing or rephrased words. .worst of all they will not reference you. .I now begin to ask, how do you intend to make money from blogging when you can't write any original post contents. .the main issue is write them two mail and put a call across to their website. .if they fail to comply, report it to Google DCMA, for sure they will lose their site and adsense. I have done this and 5 copy n paste bloggers blogs have been ban from Google search n adsense disable. .just do it but contact them first. .thanks
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by NCP: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2017
No matter how you copy.paste protect, it can still be copied by the smartgeeks.

Best you just report the offending blog to Google.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by bongolistik(m): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2017
joey150:
at least he did some work by rewriting and not just copying everything

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by bongolistik(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2017
fontpro:
I have a very simple way to protect your content, it will be very difficult for copy cat to edit your content just convert it to jpeg, PNG, or any other image format.
not a good idea at all. You lose SEPR by so doing. Don't forget that Google bot doesn't crawl images
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by NCP: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2017
fontpro:

This is the best option and protection against lazy copy and paste bloggers.

But for the smart guys, we still get to access that content if we want to and it is easy.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by princeade86(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2017
always put Ur logo on d background.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Austin234(m): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2017
This guy is loaded
nairalandic:
everyone in this world copies content from each other... But if u wena protect your content

Paste code in your edit html for

<script type="text/javascript">

/****************************************/***********************************************
* Disable Text Selection script- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* Please keep this notice intact
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/

function disableSelection(target){
if (typeof target.onselectstart!="undefined"wink //IE route
target.onselectstart=function(){return false}
else if (typeof target.style.MozUserSelect!="undefined"wink //Firefox route
target.style.MozUserSelect="none"
else //All other route (ie: Opera)
target.onmousedown=function(){return false}
target.style.cursor = "default"
}

//Sample usages
//disableSelection(document.body) //Disable text selection on entire body
//disableSelection(document.getElementById("mydiv"wink) //Disable text selection on element with id="mydiv"</script>

Then for wordpress install wpcopyprotect plugin and set as you want to use it

Dont foRget to visit caffinegeeks.com
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Alwaysking: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2017
All these lazy bloggers self.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by NCP: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2017
bongolistik:
at least he did some work by rewriting and not just copying everything

God bless you sir.

this generation of bloggers are mentally laziness. They tend to give priority to intellectual fraud over originality.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by bongolistik(m): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2017
NCP:

This is the best option and protection against lazy copy and paste bloggers.

But for the smart guys, we still get to access that content if we want to and it is easy.
please that is the dumbest option and not smart as you think. I repeat, don't ever try that else you will always see your pages at the pit of Google SEPR
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by NCP: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2017
bongolistik:
please that is the dumbest option and not smart as you think. I repeat, don't ever try that else you will always see your pages at the pit of Google SEPR

It is the best option for the blog owner who isn't profit oriented but want his content protected.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

Naijaloaded is very guilty of plagiarizing some of my blog content. I once sent them a mail and asked that i be referenced else i report them to google but they didn't reply. I just really didn't want to go through the stress. They would have been toast if i wanted.

Ur not a serious businessman.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by udemzyudex(m): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2017
ITbomb:
Someone is copying your posts with internal links and you are not happy?

That's free backlinks bro except that most of those copy and paste peeps have really low DA but it worked for me

how do you do that? i want every copied post to have internal link automatically attach to it.
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by Afam4eva(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Ur not a serious businessman.
Why? because i didn't go through with it?
Re: Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post by gofnor(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2017
EntMirror:
I'm battling with the same thing Op. But I'm not worried at all.. I have DCMA on speed dial. Any copy and paste blogger that will copy my content without credit will be reported immediately without notice. I have also disable the content selection feature, although I'm sure they will always fine a way to copy it. These guys are desperate to make money and yet, don't want to work for it. SMH.
no one is perfect, even you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian / Why Many People Quit Blogging / Yes! Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter And Youtube To Remove 'terrorist Content'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.