Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. (1848 Views)

Learning Python Kivy / Who's Interested In Learning Python For Data Science (from Scratch) / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. by classicdude1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
When it comes to Python books for people with little or no programming experience I recommend:

Python_tutorial from Tutorials point. It is where you can learn Python from scratch. Their PDF book is free to download and I provided the link to download it in this post.

The book is based on Python version 2.X and there are no much projects to practice. It just teaches the basics of Python and if you are devoted you will learn Python version 2.X syntax quickly.

Fundamentals of Python: First Programs is another great book but it is still based on Python version 2.X. I prefer this book to Python_tutorial because it has projects you can practice. I recommend you read the two books side by side.

Starting Out with Python- Second Edition is for Python version 3.X. I recommend you start learning the latest version of Python version which is Python 3.6. This book is really great and I recommend you get it.

[b]Here is a bonus book,

[/b]Automate the Boring Stuff with Python is a book by Al Sweigart. In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you’ll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand. It is a great book.

I love the book a lot because it shows you fun things to do with Python.

So my Top recommendation are:

Automate the Boring Stuff with Python

Starting Out with Python

Fundamentals of Python: First Programs

Python_tutorial from Tutorials point

For engineering students, I recommend NUMERICAL METHODS IN ENGINEERING WITH PYTHON 3

The book is an introduction to numerical methods for engineering students. It covers the usual topics like:

solution of equations

interpolation and data fitting

solution of differential equations

eigenvalue problems, and optimization

Here’s the best part:

The algorithms are implemented in Python 3.

For more Python books check the link below:

http://coolpythoncodes.com/best-python-books/

Cheers!!!…

2 Likes

Re: Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. by ayanbaba2(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
thanks
Re: Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. by bluefilm: 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
classicdude1:
When it comes to Python books for people with little or no programming experience I recommend:

Python_tutorial from Tutorials point. It is where you can learn Python from scratch. Their PDF book is free to download and I provided the link to download it in this post.

The book is based on Python version 2.X and there are no much projects to practice. It just teaches the basics of Python and if you are devoted you will learn Python version 2.X syntax quickly.

Fundamentals of Python: First Programs is another great book but it is still based on Python version 2.X. I prefer this book to Python_tutorial because it has projects you can practice. I recommend you read the two books side by side.

Starting Out with Python- Second Edition is for Python version 3.X. I recommend you start learning the latest version of Python version which is Python 3.6. This book is really great and I recommend you get it.

[b]Here is a bonus book,

[/b]Automate the Boring Stuff with Python is a book by Al Sweigart. In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you’ll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand. It is a great book.

I love the book a lot because it shows you fun things to do with Python.

So my Top recommendation are:

Automate the Boring Stuff with Python

Starting Out with Python

Fundamentals of Python: First Programs

Python_tutorial from Tutorials point

For engineering students, I recommend NUMERICAL METHODS IN ENGINEERING WITH PYTHON 3

The book is an introduction to numerical methods for engineering students. It covers the usual topics like:

solution of equations

interpolation and data fitting

solution of differential equations

eigenvalue problems, and optimization

Here’s the best part:

The algorithms are implemented in Python 3.

For more Python books check the link below:

http://coolpythoncodes.com/best-python-books/

Cheers!!!…

Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Confused Aspiring Programmer / What Laptop Is Best For Learning Programming? / Trick: How To Make A Simple Calculator Using Notepad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.