Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Any F1 Buffs? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Any F1 Buffs? (25376 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Racing: Hamilton Wellwishers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
Meanwhile. . .

Ross Brawn seems to be getting a lil bit tired of rusty old Schumi; grin

“I think what we saw was that in Bahrain it was still, even for someone who has been in Formula 1 as long as he has, it was still all a bit new,” Brawn told reporters on Saturday evening in China.

“It was sort of catching up on things – we have so little testing now. So I think in Bahrain I saw, as I expected, that Michael had to settle in.

“I saw [in] Bahrain, Melbourne and Malaysia a very strong progress. He’s got an extremely quick team-mate so there is a great reference there and I saw him closing that reference to the point where, quite honestly in Malaysia, in the dry there wasn’t much to tell between the two of them.

“So today and this weekend has been a bit of a surprise and I think we have to understand what’s happened because it goes against the progress he’s been making in the first three races.”

After qualifying a lowly ninth in China, Schumacher complained of a lack of rear-end grip, as well as general balance problems, with his W01 before then going on to struggle badly with tyre wear on the intermediate rubber in the race.

Brawn said Schumacher had been losing most time in the circuit’s slower corners – a problem the Englishman admitted was strange.

“I struggle to explain it as well,” he said.

“It is unusual that a driver should be suffering in slow corners. Normally fast corners, difficult corners, are where drivers vary.

“You normally find within the slower parts of the track drivers are very similar in terms of their performance.

“So we have got to understand with Michael and Michael’s car why he was losing so much in what were relatively simple parts of the track.”
-Ross Brawn

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=48271

shocked shocked shocked shocked
. . .Pretty damning stuff!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 1:59pm On May 16, 2010
what happened to my previous post from the last race?

Lewis was very unlucky with the last race, i think he should just creep up the ladder and gather points instead of going crazy in a course like monaco, its pretty dangerous plus buttons out already so more points if those in front of him crash out!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 2:58pm On May 16, 2010
very Eventful race!!!

i think schuey overtook someone on the last lap after the safety car resigned
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 1:30am On May 30, 2010
I must apologise for actually not updating this topic for a couple of races.

The trend seems to be that while Webber is gaining ascendance, Vettel has lost his mojo; his car (currently Randy Mandy) just didn't do it for him again.
Lewis is back to his fiery best. Did you guy's see the way he floated that McLaren around the cirquit at pant wetting speeds? Dude sure has talent cool.

Here's today's quali results (surprise entrant, Kamui Kobayashi);

Turkish Grand Prix Qualifying
29 May 2010 13:04 UK

1 M Webber 1:26.295
2 L Hamilton 1:26.433
3 S Vettel 1:26.760
4 J Button 1:26.781
5 M Schumacher 1:26.857
6 N Rosberg 1:26.952
7 R Kubica 1:27.039
8 F Massa 1:27.082
9 V Petrov 1:27.430
10 K Kobayashi 1:28.122 shocked

Dis Guy:

very Eventful race!!!

i think schuey overtook someone on the last lap after the safety car resigned

I'm no Schumi fan, but docking him 25 seconds for a move that was 100% legit is just way overboard.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 3:41am On May 30, 2010
just one small tiny mistake had Alonso stuck in Q2 and placed 12th!!!!!!!!
just too many mistakes he is making lately. . . . . . . . . . whatever problems he i shaving in his personal life are affecting is driving!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Manolapix(m): 3:44am On May 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

just one small tiny mistake had Alonso stuck in Q2 and placed 12th!!!!!!!!
just too many mistakes he is making lately. . . . . . . . . . whatever problems he i shaving in his personal life are affecting is driving!

[size=20pt]hey what's up.[/size]
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 30, 2010
no sleep, so i am definitely expecting a MIRACLE!!!!!!!!
bad start already!!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by mystikal(m): 1:07pm On May 30, 2010
Bad Start Alonso.

Its Webber baby.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by mystikal(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2010
Beaf:

Lewis is back to his fiery best. Did you guy's see the way he floated that McLaren around the cirquit at pant wetting speeds? Dude sure has talent cool.

I'm no Schumi fan, but docking him 25 seconds for a move that was 100% legit is just way overboard.

Hamilton is an aggressive driver.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 30, 2010
definitely not a Ferrari day!!!!! lets see if that early pit can get Alonso into some points!
the RAIN gods seems to have answered my prayers. . . . . . . . . . . . LOL
******(chanting) RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN********
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by mystikal(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2010
Dayum, Webber has taken his team mate, Vettel out. and dropped to 3rd.

Lucky lucky Hamilton as he and team mate Button are 1st and 2nd now.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by mystikal(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2010
4th placed Schumacher cant even match 3rd placed Webber's speed.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by mystikal(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2010
Hiss. Hamilton wins.

good race, Webber, you were just unlucky following that crash.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:46pm On May 30, 2010
Nice one to Lewis. He is now fully back in contention, in fact I predict another Lewis year. wink
Button tried to do a "Vettel", but Lewis showed whose boss! grin grin grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:50pm On May 30, 2010
Vettel committed the greatest sin in f1. How do you crash with your team mate during a race? How? shocked
The end result is that he has lost out again, net gap to Webber is now 15 points and McLaren now lead the constructors. Expensive! Of course he'll now get the required bollocking from his team, the press. . . And us. Foolish boy!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:58pm On May 30, 2010
1 HAMILTON McLaren
2 BUTTON McLaren +2.6s
3 WEBBER Red Bull +24.2s
4 SCHUMACHER Mercedes +31.1s
5 ROSBERG Mercedes +32.2s
6 KUBICA Renault +32.8s
7 MASSA Ferrari +36.6s
8 ALONSO Ferrari +46.5s
9 SUTIL Force India +49.0s
10 KOBAYASHI Sauber +65.6s
11 DE LA ROSA Sauber +65.9s
12 ALGUERSUARI Toro Rosso +67.8s
13 LIUZZI Force India +1 lap
14 BARRICHELLO Williams +1 lap
15 PETROV Renault +1 lap
16 BUEMI Toro Rosso +1 lap
17 HULKENBERG Williams +1 lap
18 GLOCK Virgin +3 laps
19 DI GRASSI Virgin +3 laps
20 CHANDHOK HRT +6 laps
R SENNA HRT +12 laps
R VETTEL Red Bull +19 laps
R KOVALAINEN Lotus +25 laps
R TRULLI Lotus +26 laps

Fastest lap: PETROV 1m29.165s (lap 57)
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:01pm On May 30, 2010
Psssst! Lewis is back with his pussycat doll, Nicole.

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 30, 2010
DDAAYYUUUMMM!!!!!!
Formula 1 rule number ONE: dont crash into your teammate. . . . . . . .  FAIL!!!!
its more bitter knowing that they were leading a clean 1-2.
the fact that Vettle dont want to take the blame for his silly move is  lipsrsealed

my man Alonso, still 4th in championship race. . . . . . . . oh well, maybe Canada will be better.

i had a short celebration when Button overtook Hamilton. it was really short but felt so good!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:47pm On May 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

DDAAYYUUUMMM!!!!!!
Formula 1 rule number ONE: dont crash into your teammate. . . . . . . .  FAIL!!!!
the fact that Vettle dont want to take the blame for his silly move is  lipsrsealed

my man Alonso, still 4th in championship race. . . . . . . . oh well, maybe Canada will be better.

i had a short celebration when Button overtook Hamilton. it was really short but felt so good!

Naa! Buttons behaviour was underhand and the sort of thing that can cause bad blood within the team.
Both McLarens had been ordered to kill their speed, so it should have been a procession to the finish. Button tried to be sneaky where his talent was innadequate, so its good that Lewis immediately showed a very strong hand.

As for Alonso, I see cracks appearing between him and the team. How can a driver slate his team so much by saying that 12th was the best position Ferarri could attain (even though his team mate was 8th)? . . .And he is talking about Ferarri of all teams? Alonso is a talented driver, but with a gutter character.
His statement comes next only to Vettels sin.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 30, 2010
Beaf:

Naa! Buttons behaviour was underhand and the sort of thing that can cause bad blood within the team.
Both McLarens had been ordered to kill their speed, so it should have been a procession to the finish. Button tried to be sneaky where his talent was innadequate, so its good that Lewis immediately showed a very strong hand.

As for Alonso, I see cracks appearing between him and the team. How can a driver slate his team so much by saying that 12th was the best position Ferarri could attain (even though his team mate was 8th)? . . .And he is talking about Ferarri of all teams? Alonso is a talented driver, but with a gutter character.
His statement comes next only to Vettels sin.

yeah his statement was really a poor one but i think that its due to the fact that he knows he is the better driver on the Ferrari team. . . . . . . . still doesnt make his statement any right though.
he is young, frustrated and probably not ready to accept the blame for his tiny error during qualifying yesterday.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:11pm On May 30, 2010
Interesting development at Red Bull! Mark Webber has just said that he was told to turn his engine down, while Vettel was told to turn his engine up. . . And the lap times seem to bear him out, as while throughout the race Webber had been comfortably faster than Vettel, in the last 3 laps before the accident, Vettel suddenly speeded up while Webber slowed down.

. . .Red Bull might be the beast that devours itself this year.

. . .Em, Lewis also claims he was told to slow down to save fuel (we heard the radio call), Button claims he was never told to save fuel. Maybe McLaren would be following Red Bulls path of self destruction.

Controversy, controversy, controversy!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 30, 2010
^^^^^^but didnt we hear the same call to Button to save fuel as well?! i thought i did.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:44pm On May 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^^but didnt we hear the same call to Button to save fuel as well?! i thought i did.

That must be my bad, cos I just heard Jenson say he'd been advised to save fuel right from the start. Although, it still seem really fishy that right after the Lewis repass, he immediately fell backward. . . In my books, it could only have been due to fresh team orders or reinforcement of previously "misinterpreted" team orders.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:53pm On May 30, 2010
mystikal:

Hamilton is an aggressive driver.

Nah! He is the most exciting f1 driver currently. He makes the circuit tick!
In the first 3 or 4 races this season, Lewis accounted for more than half of all successful overtaking moves. Dude is a blistering talent!

Vettel would have been another great, but as we've seen again today, he lacks overtaking finesse. I don't want to believe he can only win from poll.

My other exciting drivers are Alguersuari, Kobayashi, Kovaleinen (since he left McLaren) and Sutil.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by tausi(f): 9:42pm On May 30, 2010
Beaf don't forget Schumi (Schumacher)

I love it when he blocks everyone behind him, or rather gives them a really hard time to overtake him,
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 1:52am On May 31, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

DDAAYYUUUMMM!!!!!!
Formula 1 rule number ONE: dont crash into your teammate. . . . . . . .  FAIL!!!!
the fact that Vettle dont want to take the blame for his silly move is  lipsrsealed

short celebration?? I had the opposite, i was like, wTF is this button doing you're in comfy posiiton good 7 seconds ahead of the rest now you are playing msarty pants
In china lewis didnt attempt to overtake him when they were doing a 1-2 so why is he trying to take advantage??
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 1:56am On May 31, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the same call was mad to Button 'later' on but initially i thought the call was made to botth of them until later after the incident i i heard the call made to button directly'
to me someone must have told button that lewis has been advised to save fuel or perhaps he innocently thought lewis was slowing down, but all the same he's atosser and im very certain lewis is just playing mr nice guy-i'll catch you later
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:04am On May 31, 2010
tausi:

Beaf don't forget Schumi (Schumacher)

I love it when he blocks everyone behind him, or rather gives them a really hard time to overtake him,

No, not schumi! That guy is a gate crashing pensioner.

Anyways, enjoy this. Its the Webber - Vettel crash.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQL1ACRscOE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by zebra543: 3:10am On May 31, 2010
the vettel crash was very serious! i watched it like 20 times!! wth happened there?? Hamilton, why did they have to show nicole jumpin up and down?? who wants to see her?? msheeew!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by montelik(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
First Vettel says this       Vettel: I was ahead http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31052010/58/vettel-ahead.html

Then this                        Marko: Mark should have let him through http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01062010/23/marko-mark.html

This is clear bias and favoritism. I like Vettel but there no denying what he did was silly and trying to blame Webber (who has acted professionally through out) is ludicrous. Red Bull are clearly trying to "shaft" Mark Webber. Vettel needs to be scolded not cuddled.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by montelik(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
I can see that Christian Horner is now trying to do damage control. But he is still failing miserably. Vettel's fault simple, no need for too much english, and the fact that they rushed to blame Webber so quickly despite the clarity of the incident can't be undone.

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/Christian-Horner--Turkish-GP-Debrief-021242855717795?refmod=ContentFeed&refmodpos=A1
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 12:31am On Jun 03, 2010
montelik:

I can see that Christian Horner is now trying to do damage control. But he is still failing miserably. Vettel's fault simple, no need for too much english, and the fact that they rushed to blame Webber so quickly despite the clarity of the incident can't be undone.

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/Christian-Horner--Turkish-GP-Debrief-021242855717795?refmod=ContentFeed&refmodpos=A1

Its the Germans ganging up the lone Aussie. Vettel was drafted in as the German knight into an Austrian team. Did you hear all the rubbish Macko spouted, including swearing?
I really feel sorry for Mark Webber now. He is in a den of lions. If Lewis doesn't win the WDC this year, then I back Webber all the way. Vettel is a spoiled little prick.

Red Bull will probably implode before the season is out. I don't see the English speakers remaining after the Webber saga, maybe it will be back to McLaren for Adrian Newey or he might try Ferrari (who must be desperate for an ace designer).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Adegboye Onigbinde And Anne's Marriage Dissolved By Court After 30 Years / I Will Not Celebrate My Daughter’s Birthday, We Are Jehovah’s Witnesses - Serena / Single Picks Strategy No Chance To Loose ( A Must View For All Punters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.