Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday (23763 Views)

Simon Achuba To Sue Yahaya Bello Over N819m Unpaid Salary, Allowances / PDP Blasts Obaseki Over Silence On RUGA Settlement / Dino Melaye’s Recall: Faleke Mocks Gov Bello Over ‘failed’ Verification Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by omusiliyu(m): 3:16am On Aug 21, 2017
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Kogi state has described as an aberration, the public holiday declared by the government in honour of the return of President Mohammadu Buhari.

The party in a statement by the Director Research and Documentation, Achadu Dicson, lamented that while it is an acknowledged fact that governance in the state had drifted in the last 17 months, declaring a public holiday in the state is the height of lack and loss of ideas.

Achadu said while governance in the state had been brought to its lowest ebb, with workers owed salaries and pensions for 17 months, the heavy indebtedness by the state to commercial banks to the tune of N35billion was worrisome.

The party said the state has nothing to show in terms of infrastructure for the high indebtedness.

While noting that as a party, the PDP shared in the health recovery of Mr President, and has always joined in the prayers for his quick recovery, loss of man hour with the declaration of a public holiday was an indication that the state had reached the lowest ebb in terms of governance.

The statement read, “The recent government action shows that we have entered a one chance administration in which the ship of state is heading to no direction.”

The PDP in the statement said rather than devote energy to pray for Mr President, citizens should pray for God to heal Kogi state, noting that the state has lost focus, and is losing the decency of comity of serious States in the country.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-pdp-blasts-bello-public-holiday/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Seguntimmy(m): 3:30am On Aug 21, 2017
I wonder o, declaring holiday just because of a returnee which nobody knows what might happen to the economy on his return.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by sorom4: 3:57am On Aug 21, 2017
May sense fall on Kogi Government and her people

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 21, 2017
and some people are agitating for youth to take over.... obviously we are not ready

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Movic1(m): 5:33am On Aug 21, 2017
I support the PDP on this Y.bello is useless. why will someone in his right senses shut down the Economy and activities of a state simply because the president is back Madness

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by hollywater: 6:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Dollar will definitely rise this week. The clueless one is back. Remind me on Friday this . check the exchange rate from last Friday.

30 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Atiku2019: 6:15am On Aug 21, 2017
Confused Governor sad

My Governor self cry

14 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by ChangetheChange: 7:03am On Aug 21, 2017
hollywater:
Dollar will definitely rise this week. The clueless one is back. Remind me on Friday this . check the exchange rate from last Friday.

grin grin

That is even my fear too

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2017
The kogi governor has lost it, misplace priority in high places" "this is political ass licking of the first order. "I weep for the people of kogi state, their government owes then salaries, pensions, and yet this same government wants to make them loose money in their various business, "today" for a president that dont even know whether kogi is a state in Nigeria.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Ibifizzleboy(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2017
State Governor declaring public holiday to mark the cluelessness of APC ADMINISTRATION. I weep for my country

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Raphtop(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2017
I wondered how this guy ended up becoming the governor of my dear state.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by KwoiZabo(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2017
Yahaya Bello is disgusting.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by daysatbk(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
This public holiday funny Sha

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by forbizconnect: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by OBAGADAFFI: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
cheesy
Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by teemanbastos(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Only in Nigeria we aren't really informed about the implications of the unnecessary public holidays to our economy.
Kogi state is a struggling state in terms of finance yet public holidays are been declared?? height of unseriousness in governance by that young governor?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by eyeview: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Yahaya Bello knows he has failed woefully as a governor, so he has decided to concentrate on doing eye service to buhari's family as a ticket to his second term.

But why would any sane society celebrate a man who promised to scrap medical vacation abroad if elected but ends up being the longest ever president on medical vacation abroad. That we are even celebrating and not asking for accountability shows that something has gone wrong with us as a people

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by swiz123(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
How can you stop people's business bcs someone return... How is buhari's return going to feed them? Smh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Integrityfarms(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Is Bello a Governor?
Just a stooge

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by OmoManU: 8:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Movic1:
I support the PDP on this Y.bello is useless. why will someone in his right senses shut down the Economy and activities of a state simply because the president is back Madness

The most useless ever, even more useless than Alao Akala

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Is that wan a governor
Walai that wan is the more reason why these old men won't even want to give the Mantle of leadership to we youth.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by cr7rooney10(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Una never see anything

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Nennaj(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
The kogi governor has lost it, misplace priority in high places" "this is political ass licking of the first order. "I weep for the people of kogi state, their government owes then salaries, pensions, and yet this same government wants to make them loose money in their various business, "today" for a president that dont even know whether kogi is a state in Nigeria.
true

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by elaigwusimona(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
useless man, 2019 is fast approaching. And some stupid youths will be fooled to vote 4 this man.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by Settingz321(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
No be pdp create the chance before

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by bedspread: 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
I THINK PDP MADE SOME VALID POINT HERE...
THE GOVERNOR'S Action is HIGHLY COMICAL..
Mr. Bello has shown dt he does not understand his portfolio as The Chief Executive of Kogi State.....

I PUT THE BLAME ON HIS ADVISERS

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by olulove(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
yeye bello

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by princeSammyz: 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
The guy was not ready for leadership, he only happened upon it! God help my dear state.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by ajebuter(f): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
With this kind of 'youth' at the helm of affairs of a state, do you wonder why political geriatrics are refusing to relinquish power?

Shame..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday by aladdin001(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2017
Shamelessness dey smell

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead / Father Of Seminarian Killed By Fulani In Enugu Dies, Both Buried Same Day / Thugs Destroy Amaechi,s Polling Unit After INEC Excluded APC From Rivers Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.