Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] (1105 Views)

Pablo Escobar Fold 1 Is The Cheapest, Unbreakable Foldable Phone At $349 / Samsung Announces Unbreakable Flexible OLED Smartphone Display / Phone With The Best Drop Test, Unbreakable Screen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by iamchybs(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2017
What I actually mean by unbreakable here is that the phone automatically fixes its screen when broken.

Motorola is looking to manufacture smartphones with screens that can be fixed automatically. This is clear from a patent that has been presented by the company, which describes a new technology for the screens of mobile phones to repair itself.

Materials used in manufacturing smartphones have evolved rapidly and improved so much. However, the screen continues to be one of the most fragile components that suffer the most from the impacts and it breaks more frequently: just a fall from a couple of meters is enough to crack the display.

It's going to take a while before we see these kinds of devices available for purchase.

The patent presented by Motorola shows a system that allows the screen of a smartphone to repair itself. The company used a shape-memory polymer material that has the ability to fix cracks or deformations it experiences when heat is applied. This compound would be used to cover the glass panel of the mobile, which would become a self-repairing screen.

The phone will be programmed to detect scratches on the screen, cracks, deformation or abnormality of the screen.

Once the problem is detected, you will get an alert that will warn you of what happened, giving you the option to start the repair. In addition, you can also manually indicate to the system the damages that it finds in the glass.

This will be made possible by a system that applies heat to the screen from inside the smartphone, activating the shape memory properties of the protective film of the glass.
According to the patent text, this technology is also not magic, so the final result after the repair is not perfect, but would be useful for minor flaws. The only way to see the effectiveness of the system is when Motorola decides to develop the prototype of the patent.

So what do you think?

Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 8:29am On Aug 21, 2017
i am wowed beyond awe,anything is possible,techinology is advancing everyday
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2017
Can it heal a broken heart too?
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2017
ShyCypher:
Can it heal a broken heart too?
.can a heart be broken,think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by BrightEye(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2017
white magic
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2017
iamchybs:
What I actually mean by unbreakable here is that the phone automatically fixes its screen when broken.

Motorola is looking to manufacture smartphones with screens that can be fixed automatically. This is clear from a patent that has been presented by the company, which describes a new technology for the screens of mobile phones to repair itself.

Materials used in manufacturing smartphones have evolved rapidly and improved so much. However, the screen continues to be one of the most fragile components that suffer the most from the impacts and it breaks more frequently: just a fall from a couple of meters is enough to crack the display.

It's going to take a while before we see these kinds of devices available for purchase.

The patent presented by Motorola shows a system that allows the screen of a smartphone to repair itself. The company used a shape-memory polymer material that has the ability to fix cracks or deformations it experiences when heat is applied. This compound would be used to cover the glass panel of the mobile, which would become a self-repairing screen.

The phone will be programmed to detect scratches on the screen, cracks, deformation or abnormality of the screen.

Once the problem is detected, you will get an alert that will warn you of what happened, giving you the option to start the repair. In addition, you can also manually indicate to the system the damages that it finds in the glass.

This will be made possible by a system that applies heat to the screen from inside the smartphone, activating the shape memory properties of the protective film of the glass.
According to the patent text, this technology is also not magic, so the final result after the repair is not perfect, but would be useful for minor flaws. The only way to see the effectiveness of the system is when Motorola decides to develop the prototype of the patent.

So what do you think?

smiley... Thanks for sharing..

1 Like

Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by nNEOo(m): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2017
BrightEye:
white magic

I like tech but ...Africa have the tech to teleport (varnish)

But they will call it black magic
.....If a white man can do the same thing n explain it beyond reasonable doubt ....It will be called invention or innovation .

Am very sure we will be able to teleport (varnish/disappear pick a word ) legally within this life time.
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by BrightEye(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2017
nNEOo:

I like tech but ...Africa have the tech to teleport (varnish)

But they will call it black magic
.....If a white man can do the same thing n explain it beyond reasonable doubt ....It will be called invention or innovation .

Am very sure we will be able to teleport (varnish/disappear pick a word ) legally within this life time.

most acclaimed black magics are nothing but illusions. That's why they can't be reasonably explained.
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by Oscarpraise(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2017
Nice, there's advanced technology every day, am not surprised. If itel P51 can come with 5000mAh battery, anything can possibly happen in the technological world
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by nNEOo(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2017
BrightEye:

most acclaimed black magics are nothing but illusions. That's why they can't be reasonably explained.

AR was an illusion before .....but it can be explained now .....like I said if black magic can be explained above doubt (by the white ofcos) I'd bet even you will accept it...
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2017
youngreva:
..can a heart be broken,think

You are the dumbest person I have communicated with this year
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
ShyCypher:

wow
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
ShyCypher:

wow ur stupidity is outragous
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
ShyCypher:

wow ur stupidity is outrageous
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
youngreva:
wow ur stupidity is outrageous

Yet, it took you three attempts to type just that. Thumbs up.
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
ShyCypher:

Yet, it took you three attempts to type just that. Thumbs up.
its cos of network,i taught it was not posted,so leave me be
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by mikeycharles(m): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
youngreva:
Please it's thought and not "taught".

1 Like

Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by youngreva(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
mikeycharles:
Please it's thought and not "taught".
ok thanks
Re: Motorola Is Working On A Phone With An Unbreakable Screen [photo] by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
youngreva:

Sharrap

(1) (Reply)

NCC Help!! Etisalat (9mobile) Has Been Inactive At Ajah, Lekki. / How To Save Gif From Twitter On Android. / Camon Cx Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.