Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,567 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

See Buhari's Address To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Buhari's Address To The Nation (238 Views)

2 Chinese Men Peeping To See Buhari In China Through Curtains (Photo) / Pictures Of A Crowd Waiting At Tafawa Balewa Stadium To See Buhari. / Aisha Buhari Didn't See Buhari In London; Cabal Forged Buhari's Signature - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Buhari's Address To The Nation by HenryOmon(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2017
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari who just returned after over 3 months medical vacation in U.K, has addressed the nation. Here’s his full statement; “BROADCAST BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, AUGUST 21, 2017. My dear citizens, I am very grateful to God and to all Nigerians for their prayers. I am pleased to be back on home soil among my brothers and sisters.

2. In the course of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in daily touch with events at home. Nigerians are robust and lively in discussing their affairs, but I was distressed to notice that some of the comments, especially on social media, have crossed our national red lines by daring to question our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far.

3. In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.

4. Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.

5. Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.

6. I believe the very vast majority of Nigerians share this view.

7. This is not to deny that there are legitimate concerns. Every group has a grievance. But the beauty and attraction of a federation is that it allows... See more: http://www.hillscope.com/president-buhari-addresses-nation-says-better-live-together-live-apart/

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Tells Nigerians To Help Buhari Succeed / Evilness Of @mbuhari's Equating Murderous #bokoharam & Peaceful #IPOB: / Restructuring: Ajimobi Advocates Resource Control, Fiscal Discipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.