Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Return Of Post-utme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Return Of Post-utme (616 Views)

Oyo Return Of Schools To Missionaries: ‘you Shall Sleep No More’ – MURIC / Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard / Niger Delta University Continues Sales Of Post Ume Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Return Of Post-utme by bolu96(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
When the Federal Government,precisely the ministry of education decided to place a ban on the post-UTME process,the general populace received it with mixed feelings as it generated a lot of controversies around the time. On the 1st of June 2016,the Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu came and said he was confident in the ability of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board to conduct exams.The post-UTME,he said was a repetition of the UTME.
Many schools were caught off-guard with so many irregularities in the modality of the admission process.They were unsure on the best method to conducting a fair examination for the aspirants without sentiments. A lot of water has passed under the bridge with the majority of schools adopting the O level/UTME average which if you asked me was not transparent enough.
In spite of the numerous defects, a substitute method of quality assurance for intake of students is yet to be perfected.Thus the post-UTME remains the only viable option in conducting a fair exam for university aspirants which is why perhaps the federal government in their benevolence and sagacity decided to lift the ban considering a lot of factors.
This has favored a lot of tutorial centers as they are back in business picking up from where they stopped.Many will smile to the bank in no time.In my perspective, I feel that the post-UTME remain the fairest way to admit students and I hope it has come to stay.

(1) (Reply)

Answer This Question If You Read Novel "Oliver Twist" / Good Primary Schools In Abuja / Study On Affordable Tuition In Greece: Tuition Fees, Ranking, Cost Of Living And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.