Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Governor Wike And Fayose Challenge To Anambra PDP Aspirants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike And Fayose Challenge To Anambra PDP Aspirants (419 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Blames PDP And Fayose Over The Loss Of Ekiti Election / Goodluck Jonathan At Anambra PDP Governorship Campaign Rally (Photos) / Oseloka Obaze Wins Anambra PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike And Fayose Challenge To Anambra PDP Aspirants by Benchuko1(m): 11:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
From Emma Elekwa, Awka

Rivers State governor, Barr Nyesom Wike on Monday pledged the commitment of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to conduct a credible and transparent primary election ahead of the governorship poll in Anambra state.

He said the party would resist every attempt to be influenced by any of the aspirants, challenging them to go into the field and prove their popularity.

Addressing party members at its state Secretariat in Awka, Wike said the party has the capacity of winning Anambra state election if all members of the party in the state would cooperate with its leadership.

Wike who was in the state with his Ekiti State counterpart, Ayo Fayose to conduct the ward congress of the party, argued that if the party could win the Rivers State governorship election, amidst stiff opposition, that of Anambra would be a work over.

"No one would buy the officials or even use money to influence the process because my team came prepared for the job and did not need assistance from any of the party's aspirant to do a good job in the state.

"I am the chairman of the ward congress committee, and the governor of Ekiti State, Fayose who is the chairman of PDP governors' forum is also a member. PDP looked very well before selecting us to do the job.

"We are not people you can buy with money. Look at my car there, I bought the fuel by myself and came down for the job, and we came with our own kola and drinks too, so we do not need anyone to give us kola or drink to do the job.

While pledging the committee resolve to organize a credible ward congress, he stressed the need for the aspirants to come together and support themselves and the party, insisting that "who ever wins the ticket will surely win in Anambra."

On his part, Fayose cautioned that any attempt by any of the aspirants to cause violence in the ward congress would be metted with immediate disqualification.

Read more at https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/wike-to-pdp-aspirants-go-prove-your-popularity-at-your-wards/211002.html#kX662T5sDdwLWecG.99
Re: Governor Wike And Fayose Challenge To Anambra PDP Aspirants by AtkinsPlanet(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Governor Wike And Fayose Challenge To Anambra PDP Aspirants by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fayose vs cownu.... Part 1

(1) (Reply)

Response From Prince Arthur Eze On The Baseless Allegations Against Him / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria / Cancel Anambra Primary Election Or PDP Has Lost It Already,group Tells Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.