Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday (2324 Views)

Iphone Facetime Bug Lets You Eavesdrop On Other People / Chrome On Android Now Lets Users Surf Web Without Internet / Instagram Now Lets You Upload Portrait & Landscape Pictures And Videos In Albums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by TechPill: 3:20am On Aug 22, 2017
Normally on your birthday, facebook makes post on your friends timeline reminding them about your birthday, it also let you remember your friends birthday as well. Its has become a good custom. Sometimes you will see people you haven’t had a real conversation with in years will come out to type ‘hbd.’

Now facebook is introducing addition features to the reminder you get. Its called Birthday Fundraisers. Yes! did i hear you say that? well this feature is not for celebrant to make use of, however, this Facebook Fundraiser feature allows you to raise money for a Non-profit organisations. Cool right?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-c3xcO3-I3D4/WZuTCyEe8WI/AAAAAAAAB80/PAJvCZejTcAdGDVzdCyPEWxiXRFYFaL1wCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/facebook-birthday-donations-features2344575.jpg[/img]

But here is how the Facebook Birthday fundraiser works; two weeks before your birthday, Facebook will ask you if you want to dedicate your birthday to support a cause. If you agree you can pick from one of 750,000 non-profit organizations, currently limited to the United States, and set a donation goal. On your birthday, your friends will be notified of your cause. It's that simple!

Though asking someone to support a cause on your birthday is not a new practice, but integrating it directly into Facebook’s platform is a clever move. After all, everybody has a birthday, and raising money for a non-profit is something people might not have thought of without being prompted. It’s simple to set up and makes people feel good about themselves.

This Facebook features could actually makes a difference in ones live. Even if only a few of your friends donate, its still something. The non-profit organizations will definitely be receiving something, instead of nothing. Which is far more better than random messages you will get on that day.

According to TheNextWeb, In addition, Facebook is also rolling out birthday videos. The idea is that close friends will have specially made videos showcasing your time together – much like Facebook’s other videos. It’s not clear how Facebook determines what a ‘close friend’ is, but it will at least go a bit beyond an empty ‘hbd.’ You can learn how to use Facebook Birthday donations features with ease.

What's your thoughts on this? use the comment box.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2017/08/facebook-birthday-donations-feature-use.html

seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by krushdripper(m): 3:33am On Aug 22, 2017
Great!
Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by alex81(m): 4:24am On Aug 22, 2017
TechPill:
Normally on your birthday, facebook makes post on your friends timeline reminding them about your birthday, it also let you remember your friends birthday as well. Its has become a good custom. Sometimes you will see people you haven’t had a real conversation with in years will come out to type ‘hbd.’

Now facebook is introducing addition features to the reminder you get. Its called Birthday Fundraisers. Yes! did i hear you say that? well this feature is not for celebrant to make use of, however, this Facebook Fundraiser feature allows you to raise money for a Non-profit organisations. Cool right?
But here is how the Facebook Birthday fundraiser works; two weeks before your birthday, Facebook will ask you if you want to dedicate your birthday to support a cause. If you agree you can pick from one of 750,000 non-profit organizations, currently limited to the United States, and set a donation goal. On your birthday, your friends will be notified of your cause. It's that simple!

wake me up when its available in Nigeria... until then this doesnt concern me.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by chuks000(m): 5:00am On Aug 22, 2017
If this is true, evriday will be my baiday
Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by sweeterman(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2017
Make them bring naija support before December o grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by THUNDAR(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2017
You wan use My Birthday Make money for your country Eh Oga Mark

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by gcof(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2017
So funds will be raised on my birthday and mr Mark will channel it to an organisation probably owned by him. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by jacyhelen(f): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2017
TechPill:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-c3xcO3-I3D4/WZuTCyEe8WI/AAAAAAAAB80/PAJvCZejTcAdGDVzdCyPEWxiXRFYFaL1wCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/facebook-birthday-donations-features2344575.jpg[/img]

Though asking someone to support a cause on your birthday is not a new practice, but integrating it directly into Facebook’s platform is a clever move. After all, everybody has a birthday, and raising money for a non-profit is something people might not have thought of without being prompted. It’s simple to set up and makes people feel good about themselves.

This Facebook features could actually makes a difference in ones live. Even if only a few of your friends donate, its still something. The non-profit organizations will definitely be receiving something, instead of nothing. Which is far more better than random messages you will get on that day.

According to TheNextWeb, In addition, Facebook is also rolling out birthday videos. The idea is that close friends will have specially made videos showcasing your time together – much like Facebook’s other videos. It’s not clear how Facebook determines what a ‘close friend’ is, but it will at least go a bit beyond an empty ‘hbd.’ You can learn how to use Facebook Birthday donations features with ease.

What's your thoughts on this? use the comment box.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2017/08/facebook-birthday-donations-feature-use.html

it will come out and die in America..can never come to Africa..lol

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by Goddygee(m): 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Why would my friends donate money on my birthday and it's not given to me? that's stealing na...

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by lenghtinny(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
Goddygee:
Why would my friends donate money on my birthday and it's not given to me? that's stealing na...
Stealing is not corruption angry

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
It's good though
Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by franklingud(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
I thought they would help me celebrate my birthday by raising a fund for me through Facebook. So that I can cash and celebrate my birthday for the first time ever in my life.

Shaa ooo!

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by Idrismusty97(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
Mtweee... Let me go remove my birthday notification on my facebook jor. How would my friends be donating money to other people on My birthday through my profile? How many times have they given me money.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by parrotchick(f): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
lol, this won't work in Nigeria. The money isn't going to my pocket or my friend's but to a place we might not have been? I laugh in Korea

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by dedons: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
APC and LIES!

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Lets You Collect Donations On Your Birthday by streetpaddy(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Mobile Week Is Such A Scam! / OLLA Phone Thread / Best Nokia Tool Cracked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.