Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Nigeria Suffers Brain Drain In The Educational Sector (photo)! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Nigeria Suffers Brain Drain In The Educational Sector (photo)! (690 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Adamu: I Failed As A Minister For Not Solving Challenges In Educational Sector / The Nigerian Educational Sector Is Finished, This Is An S.S.2 Student Sheet PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Suffers Brain Drain In The Educational Sector (photo)! by Ratello: 5:32am On Aug 22, 2017
While going through my Facebook page I stumbled on this picture of tons of project handbooks many of us who graduated from higher institutions are familiar with, abandoned in the open and probably dumped to be burnt later.

I looked at the handbooks and few flashes of reminiscence flickers through my mind what I went through when I was preparing to write my project work, starting from picking a title which was rejected many times before my supervisor finally agreed with me after several attempts and the next sojourn, which is; sourcing for materials in order to have a befitting project worthy of note to prove my 4 years was not a waste.

I remembered leaving my alma mater (OAU, Ile Ife) to travel down to Lagos to the library of a corporate organization just to equip myself with the best tools and materials and getting annual reports journals of few corporate entities just to make up a rich project work worth 6 units. This is one area of our sourcing for materials that cost many innocent student their lives (when moving from one state to another just to source for funds and materials).

In saner climes where people who appreciate education lives, project work of this magnitude that involves real cerebral tasking and efforts are properly archived for future consuotations and uplifting of corporate organizations and Country of abode which have been helpful times without numbers. Looking at this "pile of rubbish" (forgive my comparison and choice of words here) probably allowed by a supposed custodian "Mr Lecturer" I can only weep for the future of this Country that thrives in "Celebrating Mediocrity" in almost all spheres. I am of the candid opinion that Nigeria's current level of development is never a mistake but a stark reality to how we value or permit me to say undervalue education and mind training.

I end this piece by coming to a logical conclusion that, we have all failed as a people and Nation but deep down within me, a strong thought keeps tugging hard at the walls of my heart that, "it's not too late to start getting it right and back on the promising track of Independence Day Dream of 1960s", Education is the bedrock of any meaningful developments in a Country. Nigeria needs reawakening now in this sector!

From The Desk of Ratello
Peace!

Cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Suffers Brain Drain In The Educational Sector (photo)! by femolacqua(m): 5:57am On Aug 22, 2017
It's painful, someone's time and resources just put to waste.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Suffers Brain Drain In The Educational Sector (photo)! by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 22, 2017
There's hope for the future. Let's be positive

Check out my profile/signature and financially free for life!!!!
Re: Why Nigeria Suffers Brain Drain In The Educational Sector (photo)! by Ratello: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
femolacqua:
It's painful, someone's time and resources just put to waste.

Nigeria's lack of proper handling of her educational sector is the major reason for the unprecedented rate of massive exodus of Migeria's brightest minds abroad.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oau Aspirants Lament Over Result / UNICAL School Fees For New And Old Students / Please Which University Pre Degree/remedial Form Is Still On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.