Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike (763 Views)

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi, On Vacation In The United States During ASUU Strike / Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools / 7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike by hauwababy: 5:50am On Aug 22, 2017
http://www.yeoal.com/2017/08/7-things-nigerian-students-can-do-while.html

Now that Buhari did not address ASUU directly during his speech, I don't see the strike going away anytime soon. You don't have to allow precious time waste like that. Believe me, I wish someone had told me all these during my time. In those days, strike was like saying "how are you"....easy and rampant. grin

Anyhoo, read tips on what you can do to improve yourself while the strike lasts.If you implement these things, it could be a win for you...............

Start a Business
There is no age too young for becoming an entrepreneur. Use this period at home to start a small business. You could either sell products or render a service. The good thing is that you do not necessarily need a large capital to get yourself started. You also have the social media as a very important promotional tool.
You could start a home cleaning service or food delivery service…there are so many options.
Managing a business gives you a lot of opportunities to gain a lot of experience with will be beneficial when you eventually conclude your studies.

Learn a new skill
You finally have the time to learn a new skill. It could be photography, jewelry making, learning to play an instrument like the saxophone or guitar, baking, writing and producing music or playing a sport like football, tennis or volleyball. Take the time to learn it and get really good at it. Not only does it give you an edge and provide opportunities for a side hustle, it will help build your self-confidence and give you value for time invested.
Enroll for a professional certification course
The university might be closed but there are other avenues for learning. You can enroll in short courses online or for professional classes that will grant you certain qualifications that may become relevant in future. Even if you do not have the money to pay for these courses, you can go for free ones on portals like Coursera or Edx.
You don’t necessarily have to get a certificate; the idea is to acquire new knowledge that will be relevant to your career goals or aspirations.

Get a job
While you are at home, you might as well make a little money. Get a job as an intern or assistant in an office or company. You can even get a job as a paid apprentice at a salon or creative studio. Even more, you may decide to go for something freelance like writing or blogging.
The beauty of the internet is that you can get connected to so many job opportunities without necessarily breaking a sweat. The money made may not be the kind that will set you up for life, but it may be enough for extra chills…and then again, working would be fun and educational. You learn the value of time and money and attain the essence of work ethic and work culture.

Volunteer
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the society or just do some good with your time. You can volunteer at NGOs or religious organizations, where the aim is to help others and better the society.
You could also get involved in a number of empowerment programs tailored for young people where certain skillsets you possess may be needed.
There is a measure of accomplishment and sense of fufilment that comes with serving humanity. It also exposes you to great opportunities like training, travel e.t.c.

Re: Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike by KendrickAyomide: 6:10am On Aug 22, 2017
Nigeria suppose don pass this stage... issa shame
Re: Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 22, 2017
Itz not been established and proven to take longer.All this R realisable when itz indefinite or longer
Re: Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 22, 2017
I think my signature will be a the most helpful at this time

You can check it out
Re: Productive Things Students Can Do During ASUU's Strike by hauwababy: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
I think my signature will be a the most helpful at this time

You can check it out

Maybe you can share your expertise with us on, how bitcoin will help.

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo 2018/2019 Basic Studies/predegree Admission List / Application Of Social Networks In Crime Management / How To Join Our EXAMINATION VIP GROUP Check Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.