Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation (1758 Views)

Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) / South Africans React To President Buhari's Meeting With President Ramaphosa. / Photos From Buhari’s Meeting With PDP Governors In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Listic1: 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
How can security chiefs be invited to discuss the security of a fractious country like Nigeria and all the invitees are from a section of the country save one?! This is particularly worrisome when it is realised that most of the security measures are to be implemented in the unrepresented section of the country.

It is contended that this arrangement cannot be right especially when we factor in our proclivity for mischief as a people.

Perception is everything for most people.

Lalasticlala: Please, give this a bit of wide readership. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by chuks013: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Una never chi chumtin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by GreyLaw(m): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
Even with this nice observation, though not new, watch how some people will still contrive to tell you how beautiful it is to have over 95% of the Security chiefs come from one area of the country.

This has nothing to do with tribalism, but a fair and robust leader would prefer to be more liberal in his choice of appointees, but with Buhari, we all know how he prefers it.

I have always said it, that, Buhari is too bigoted to be president. Maybe an Osinbajo or anybody else would have been far better.

But, hey, he is still our president till 2019, at least.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by ReubenE(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nice observation but the deed was done a long time ago...or do we expect him to invite Kanu now to represent the East in the security meeting? Absolutely not.

Mr President is just an old man with rudimentary intellect and prehistoric orientation with a penchant for inflicting unimaginable pain on whoever he considers his enemy.
Many of us wish for Buhari to change for the better, but he cannot because his advisers remain the same.

For the remaining half of his administration, Nigerians will continue to lament, toil, gnash because the man does not know genuine agitation from that of mischief.
All these comes down to the fact that Mr President has a slippery relationship with the truth.

Buhari ordinarily would pass for a good president because most people fear and respect him.
As an apostle of realism, I'm of the opinion that it is better for a leader to be feared than to be loved in order for the leader to be firm, swift and resolute in the administration of a country.
Fortunately for Buhari, he is loved by many and equally feared by many. But unfortunately for Nigeria and Nigerians, Buhari is only using this valuable political asset to divide, murder, destroy whatever that crosses his part.

It is only time that will heal Nigeria now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by banki(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
Listic1:
How can security chiefs be invited to discuss the security of a fractious country like Nigeria and all the invitees are from a section of the country save one?! This is particularly worrisome when it is realised that most of the security measures are to be implemented in the unrepresented section of the country.

It is contended that this arrangement cannot be right especially when we factor in our proclivity for mischief as a people.

Perception is everything for most people.

Lalasticlala: Please, give this a bit of wide readership. Thank you.

Security chiefs
Cds ekiti
Coas borno
Cns akwaibom
Cas bauchi
Dss katsina
Ig Niger
Cdi benue
Nsa borno

What exactly do you want?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by SalamRushdie: 12:26am On Aug 23, 2017
ReubenE:
Nice observation but the deed was done a long time ago...or do we expect him to invite Kanu now to represent the East in the security meeting? Absolutely not.

Mr President is just an old man with rudimentary intellect and prehistoric orientation with a penchant for inflicting unimaginable pain on whoever he considers his enemy.
Many of us wish for Buhari to change for the better, but he cannot because his advisers remain the same.

For the remaining half of his administration, Nigerians will continue to lament, toil, gnash because the man does not know genuine agitation from that of mischief.
All these comes down to the fact that Mr President has a slippery relationship with the truth.

Buhari ordinarily would pass for a good president because most people fear and respect him.
As an apostle of realism, I'm of the opinion that it is better for a leader to be feared than to be loved in order for the leader to be firm, swift and resolute in the administration of a country.
Fortunately for Buhari, he is loved by many and equally feared by many. But unfortunately for Nigeria and Nigerians, Buhari is only using this valuable political asset to divide, murder, destroy whatever that crosses his part.

It is only time that will heal Nigeria now

You right very well but your attempt to eulogise Buhari gave you away as a bias person

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by ReubenE(m): 12:47am On Aug 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You right very well but your attempt to eulogise Buhari gave you away as a bias person
Hmm....I respect strongly your right to disagree but if you are not what you claim I am, then you have to agree with me that some Nigerians love Buhari and some equally fear. The reason for their love and fear for Buhari I cannot tell, because that depends on individual perception of his personality.

But in order not to sound vague, lemme clarify here. I am sure you know and saw the numbers of people that celebrated his return despite the fact that he is the one responsible for our misery. You may want to say they are illiterates, good for nothing, mumus etc that I cannot confirm but I can confirm that they are Nigerians.

Secondly, I am sure you are not oblivious of the fact that so many important personalities ran away from the country and are yet to return because of their fear for president Buhari's stubborn and uncompromising stance on matters of state.

My brother, these are just few instances to cite that some Nigerians fear and love president Buhari.
A political asset he clearly is not using to his advantage like I said earlier....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 23, 2017
Useless observation of falsehood and propaganda.

1. Chief Of Defense Staff (Oga of all soldiers) : Gen Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin from Ekiti State South West Nigeria

2. Chief Of Army Staff: LT. Gen Tukur Yusuf Burutai from Borno Northeast Nigeria

3. Chief Of Air Staff: Air Marshall Abubakar Saddiq from Bauchi state Northeast Nigeria

4. Chief Of Naval Staff: Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas from Cross River southsouth Nigeria

Where is representation from Northwest? The largest region which double as the president region? Where is representation from Northcentral? Where is representation from Southeast?

Then apart from service chiefs, Inspector general of police Ibrahim Idris is from North Central

How are all these people from one region region in which sense? Ne Nw Nc Ss Se Sw OR North Vs South ?

In whichever case you are a shameless liar. a
And funny enough he is calling mod to take this shit to front page.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by konfused: 2:11am On Aug 23, 2017
MrHowto:

1. Chief Of Defense Staff (Oga of all soldiers) : Gen Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin from Ekiti State South West Nigeria

2. Chief Of Army Staff: LT. Gen Tukur Yusuf Burutai from Borno Northeast Nigeria

3. Chief Of Air Staff: Air Marshall Abubakar Saddiq from Bauchi state Northeast Nigeria

4. Chief Of Naval Staff: Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas from Cross River southsouth Nigeria

Where is representation from Northwest? The largest region which double as the president region? Where is representation from Northcentral? Where is representation from Southeast?

Then apart from service chiefs, Inspector general of police Ibrahim Idris is from North Central

How are all these people from one region region in which sense? Ne Nw Nc Ss Se Sw OR North Vs South ?

DSS, headed by Lawal Musa Duara is from northwest, Kastina state

Now just name any security apparatus headed by anyone from SE....

Every region is represented except SE

Ome ihe jide ofo, maka na ofo ka ide Ji awa ani
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Listic1: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Well, I personally don't want anything. But to understand the gist in what is written up there I would, respectfully, suggest that you look at the pictures and read up the news article in the following links:

https://www.nairaland.com/4005400/photos-president-buhari-service-chiefs

https://www.nairaland.com/4005429/buhari-orders-military-deal-biafra
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Listic1: 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
MrHowto:

Bro, take it easy. You don't have to use all those expletives just because you disagree with the view up there.

I believe you innocently didn't get the drift in the write up above or you deliberately misapprehended the import of the post. That notwithstanding, this picture might aid your understanding!

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by babyfaceafrica: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
As long as they are Nigerians
.no problem.......you said save one?.....I disagree..no NC and SE..so save two?
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by amtalkin(f): 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
hmm
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Listic1:

Bro, take it easy. You don't have to use all those expletives just because you disagree with the view up there.

I believe you innocently didn't get the drift in the write up above or you deliberately misapprehended the import of the post. That notwithstanding, this picture might aid your understanding!

Did you see the Inspector General Of police in the picture? He is also from the north (Niger State).

Did you ask of him? Did you watch the video after the meeting. I can see naval representative. See the picture in my first post.

Check the photo below

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/08/23/photos-buhari-presides-security-meeting-home/

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Listic1: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
As long as they are Nigerians
.no problem.......you said save one?.....I disagree..no NC and SE..so save two?

Please, read again. I was not talking about geopolitical zones. I was talking about sections i.e. north vs. south. In any case, the person from the SS was not even part of the meeting from the pictures released. The IGP was there - with the VP. Is he not from NC?
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by babyfaceafrica: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Listic1:

Please, read again. I was not talking about geopolitical zones. I was talking about sections i.e. north vs. south. In any case, the person from the SS was not even part of the meeting from the pictures released. The IGP was there - with the VP. Is he not from NC?
doesn't matter..all na same..... Na this sectionalization they kill us..those that attended are Nigerians
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Listic1: 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
MrHowto:

Did you see the Inspector General Of police in the picture? He is also from the north (Niger State).

Did you ask of him? Did you watch the video after the meeting. I can see naval representative. See the picture in my first post.

Check the photo below

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/08/23/photos-buhari-presides-security-meeting-home/

My brother, calm down and read the original post again. You don't seem to get the point. My reply to babyfaceafrica might help.

By the way, the pictures and video you have uploaded are not those taken in the meeting which was held behind closed doors with the President.
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Listic1:

My brother, calm down and read the original post again. You don't seem to get the point. My reply to babyfaceafrica might help.

By the way, the pictures and video you have uploaded are not those taken in the meeting which was held behind closed doors with the President.

If you read the post about the meeting, all of the service cheif and IG are present but in the picture the I.G and chief of naval staff are absent.

They might not be in when the pic was taken and after the meeting all of them can be seen in the pics.

You wanted to make it look like Buhari don't want to meet with southern security chiefs afterall the #1 Nigerian Soldier hails from Ekiti State.
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by nwabobo: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
MrHowto:

If you read the post about the meeting, all of the service cheif and IG are present but in the picture the I.G and chief of naval staff are absent.

They might not be in when the pic was taken and after the meeting all of them can be seen in the pics.

You wanted to make it look like Buhari don't want to meet with southern security chiefs afterall the #1 Nigerian Soldier hails from Ekiti State.

Who was there for Ndigbo, the most populous tribe in Nigeria.?
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
Listic1:

We are not talking about v.p.

is the I.G with Buhari? Yes or No according to that picture.

The meeting with v.p is a different one which include borno state governor about rebuilding bama town of borno state.
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
nwabobo:

Who was there for Ndigbo, the most populous tribe in Nigeria.?

Who was there for Hausa people the most populous tribe in Nigeria? It is Hausa not Igbo.

Burutai is Kanuri

Abubakar Saddiq Fulani

Idris Ibrahim is also not Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by nwabobo: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
MrHowto:
[sub][/sub]

Who was there for Hausa people the most populous tribe in Nigeria? It is Hausa not Igbo.

Burutai is Kanuri

Abubakar Saddiq Fulani

Idris Ibrahim is also not Hausa.

How is Hausa the most populous tribe?

Besides, I could see Monguno and Dambazau in the pic including Lawal
Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
nwabobo:

How is Hausa the most populous tribe?

How is Igbo the most populous tribe?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation by Listic1: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
MrHowto:

We are not talking about v.p.

is the I.G with Buhari? Yes or No according to that picture.

The meeting with v.p is a different one which include borno state governor about rebuilding bama town of borno state.

Bro, I am sorry but the post is based on the picture of the meeting with the President released by the government itself. I am not prepared to rely on pictures and a video from a press conference after the meeting. That explains my response to babyfaceafrica.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [30 September, 2017] / Gov. Okorocha Breaks Silence On Being Son Of Gbong Gwom Jos / APC Senator Backs Obasanjo, Asks Buhari To Bow Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.