Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,121 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! (1095 Views)

Wordpress Tutorial For Beginners - Step By Step / Wordpress Tutorial For Bieginners 2022 : Full Tutorial / How To Create Image Slide Show & Video Slide Show For Blogger,wordpress(tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2017
Hello, my name is Peter Jev. I am the creative director of Slush; a web and creative Agency Based in Makurdi Benue State. I have created a lots of websites on wordpress and I've got to say WordPress is a Blessing!

You might have probably seen my threads on here on NL as to selling premium themes or building any kind of website at 5k. Well those offers are REAL and I want to introduce you to the CMS that changed my life.

If you don't know how to code, no problems. You don't need to code to use WordPress. At the end of this tutorial you will learn how to:
1. Set up wordpress, offline
2. Understand the WordPress interface
3. Build a basic blog
And a whole lot of stuff.
For a more concise tutorial like 'How to build an online store' or 'How to build a classified ads site like OLX', contact me via call or whatsapp: 07037534762.
I'll be glad to make a personal tutorial for you, at a token price (Not something that will cut your neck)

I have been invited to events to also come and talk about WordPress and also teach WordPress to coders and non coders. Like the Benue Tech Forum 'Kick Off' Event, held in May 2017.

If you would be holding an event and like for me to come and speak; contact me via call or whatsapp: 07037534762 or mail: peterjev6@gmail.com.

Now let's get to the tutorial... I can't wait to show you this one...
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2017
What is WordPress?

WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS), which allows the
users to build dynamic websites and blogs. Wordpress is the most popular blogging system
on the web and allows updating, customizing and managing the website from its back-end
CMS and components.

What is Content Management System (CMS)?
The Content Management System (CMS) is a software which stores all the data such
as text, photos, music, documents, etc. and is made available on your website. It helps in
editing, publishing and modifying the content of the website.

WordPress was initially released on 27th May, 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
WordPress was announced as open source in October 2009.

Features

User Management: It allows managing the user information such as changing the role of the users to (subscriber, contributor, author, editor or administrator),
create or delete the user, change the password and user information. The main role of the user manager is Authentication.

Media Management: It is the tool for managing the media files and folder, in which you can easily upload, organize and manage the media files on your website.

Theme System: It allows modifying the site view and functionality. It includes images, stylesheet, template files and custom pages.

Extend with Plugins: Several plugins are available which provides custom functions and features according to the users need.

Search Engine Optimization: It provides several search engine optimization (SEO) tools which makes on-site SEO simple.

Multilingual: It allows translating the entire content into the language preferred
by the user.

Importers: It allows importing data in the form of posts. It imports custom files, comments, post pages and tags.

Advantages of WordPress
1. It is an open source platform and available for free.
2. CSS files can be modified according to the design as per users need.
3. There are many plugins and templates available for free. Users can customize the various plugins as per their need.
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by emmanwandud(m): 8:06am On Aug 23, 2017
Nice one.
What's the advantage of word press over joomla since both are cms.
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by JOBSINNAIJA: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2017
Do you have time to help fix small issues in a Wordpress website?
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by lgboks(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2017
following
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2017
emmanwandud:
Nice one.
What's the advantage of word press over joomla since both are cms.

Thank you for that question, I'll answer your question and then show an image that gives wordpress and edge over cms like joomla and drupal

WordPress Has A Gentler Learning Curve Than Joomla
Ease of use is also an important point when choosing the right CMS. WordPress is quite user-friendly. Even if you’re only a beginner without much technical knowledge, you won’t have a tough time building a website on WordPress. Joomla is is not so intuitive an does require some understanding of the fundamentals and is maybe not best suited to novice users.

WordPress Has More Plugins/Extensions Than Joomla
Depending on whether you want to build a static website or a dynamic website, you should also bear in mind the functionality and extensions you may need to use to achieve your goals.
Both WordPress and Joomla come with a number of extensions and plugins that you can use to boost the features and functionality of your website.
Whereas WordPress has its own plugins directory, Joomla too has its own extensions directory. However, Joomla has fewer themes and plugins/extensions available in comparison with WordPress. In fact, WordPress offers twice the number of plugins. Also, Joomla requires more time for installing extensions and many of the best extensions are not free.

WordPress Has More Themes Than Joomla
WordPress has its own theme template directory which features thousands of themes you can use for free. Apart from free WordPress themes, you can also use premium themes available at a nominal fee. It’s quick and easy to install and activate a theme in WordPress.
Joomla on the other hand does not have a special theme template directory. Most of the Joomla templates come from third-party web developers. Many of the Joomla templates are free to use. Joomla templates can be broadly categorized into frontend and backend.

Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
JOBSINNAIJA:
Do you have time to help fix small issues in a Wordpress website?
What's wrong with the site?
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
INSTALLATION

System Requirements for WordPress
1. Database: MySQL 5.0+
2. Web Server: WAMP (Windows) or LAMP (Linux) or XAMP (Multi-platform) or MAMP (Macintosh)
3. Operating System: Cross-platform
4. Browser Support: IE (Internet Explorer 8+), Firefox, Google chrome, Safari, Opera
5. PHP Compatibility: PHP 5.2+

Download WordPress
When you open the link https://wordpress.org/download/, you will get to see a screen as
the following snapshot:

Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by emmanwandud(m): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ignyte:

Thank you for that question, I'll answer your question and then show an image that gives wordpress and edge over cms like joomla and drupal

WordPress Has A Gentler Learning Curve Than Joomla
Ease of use is also an important point when choosing the right CMS. WordPress is quite user-friendly. Even if you’re only a beginner without much technical knowledge, you won’t have a tough time building a website on WordPress. Joomla is is not so intuitive an does require some understanding of the fundamentals and is maybe not best suited to novice users.

WordPress Has More Plugins/Extensions Than Joomla
Depending on whether you want to build a static website or a dynamic website, you should also bear in mind the functionality and extensions you may need to use to achieve your goals.
Both WordPress and Joomla come with a number of extensions and plugins that you can use to boost the features and functionality of your website.
Whereas WordPress has its own plugins directory, Joomla too has its own extensions directory. However, Joomla has fewer themes and plugins/extensions available in comparison with WordPress. In fact, WordPress offers twice the number of plugins. Also, Joomla requires more time for installing extensions and many of the best extensions are not free.

WordPress Has More Themes Than Joomla
WordPress has its own theme template directory which features thousands of themes you can use for free. Apart from free WordPress themes, you can also use premium themes available at a nominal fee. It’s quick and easy to install and activate a theme in WordPress.
Joomla on the other hand does not have a special theme template directory. Most of the Joomla templates come from third-party web developers. Many of the Joomla templates are free to use. Joomla templates can be broadly categorized into frontend and backend.
Well noted thanks.
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Duchman67: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
Get a free wordpress website and hosting with just a click at www.kobohosts.info

Login and click Create WP Site link.Your Wordpress website starts running immediately with the web link made available. Also, we can help you with domain registration for the website.

Free offer ends 12-09-2017 or first 30 sign ups.

Check out www.kobohosts.info for more information or for inquiries please call or whatsapp Odi 2348135464570 or Dimeji 2348166117634
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 5:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Duchman67:
Get a free wordpress website and hosting with just a click at www.kobohosts.info

Login and click Create WP Site link.Your Wordpress website starts running immediately with the web link made available. Also, we can help you with domain registration for the website.

Free offer ends 12-09-2017 or first 30 sign ups.

Check out www.kobohosts.info for more information or for inquiries please call or whatsapp Odi 2348135464570 or Dimeji 2348166117634

You're using multisite abi
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Duchman67: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ignyte:

You're using multisite abi

Yea...running it on 800TB storage. Do you have clients that need wordpress websites and hosting?
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by undisputed12(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
How can i add a domain name to my wordpress blog?
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
undisputed12:
How can i add a domain name to my wordpress blog?

Buy one na
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by undisputed12(m): 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ignyte:

Buy one na
i have already
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Duchman67: 11:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
undisputed12:
i have already

@Ignyte Really sorry for pending my warez on your thread..... www.kobohosts.info has domain mapping to point your domain to your content
Re: Wordpress Tutorial Live On Nairaland!! by Ignyte(m): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2017
Duchman67:

@Ignyte Really sorry for pending my warez on your thread..... www.kobohosts.info has domain mapping to point your domain to your content

No problems, it's nice that you connected with me on whatsapp. I'll discuss with you there

(1) (Reply)

Website Design Deal! Get Your website Designed by The Best At The Best Price / Urgently Needed Not Jokers / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.