Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

Blogging For Money? Then Stop Copying Americans & UK! Read This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Blogging For Money? Then Stop Copying Americans & UK! Read This (389 Views)

Blogging for profit made easy as ABC...my protest against hunger. / Blogging For Money / [FREE DOWNLOAD] Best E-book On How To Start Blogging For Money In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogging For Money? Then Stop Copying Americans & UK! Read This by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2017
I'm a great fan of copying American blogging models. But recently I got tired and decided to study the Nigerian audience.

The number one mistake many Nigerian beginner bloggers make is trying to copy Americans verbatim forgetting that here is Nigeria not US. At the end the result is monumental failure in blogging. Yes, I have been there so many times in the past.

The other time I was reading Neil Patel's post on picking a niche for affiliate marketing. Honestly, the man is savvy. In the post he made reference to a blog that make good income by selling courses... on what? How to build sand castles on the beach! Copy that in Nigeria, seriously? What percentage of Nigerians will pay for your sand castle course?

Before someone begins to ask questions or argue, I want to drop 3 indispensable blogging tips that are guaranteed to help any beginner blogger in Nigeria make money online.

1. Believe in BLOGGING FOR MONEY Some say they blog for passion, not money. I said "not me" because I chose both! If one of those two is missing then something BIG is missing. Do you want to spend several hours every week on something with NO plan to make money from it? Not for me! I believe in blogging for money! That helps me keep thinking everyday better techniques to try to reach my goals. The desire to make money motivates me and helps me stay awake at night.

2. If your target audience is in Nigeria, study the Nigerian audience! I have no more details on this here for now.

3. They say "follow your heart" I say NONSENSE! If you believe in blogging for money, FOLLOW the money!

4. They also say "avoid competitions." Good, however, in most cases in blogging the money is where competition is. So what are you gonna do about that?

There are so many wrong things I have learnt about blogging which I later decided not to repeat again. Also, I learnt that many of us in Nigeria don't believe in fellow Nigerians....

Recently I decided I will launch a 100% FREE blogging tutorial titled "Blogging for money" in Nigeria. This is what I call a nonconventional blogging tutorials because I decided to take a no nonsense approach to it and to be honest to myself and my audience.

I wish to invite those who wish to explore these no nonsense approach to blogging with me to read my posts on Blogging. This invitation is not for those who don't want to simply because they don't want this guy to get additional 1 pageview or AdSense revenue.

I urge you to read my first post in Blogging for money series: http://www.dontro.com/blogging-start-successful-blog-online-business-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

These Three States Attracted The Highest Capital Into Nigeria In The Second Quar / UBA Revoke Decision To Ban The Use Of Their ATM For Certain Transactions / Varsity Stores: The Best Place For Students To Buy Or Sell Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.