Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' (8521 Views)

A Pastor Said I Was A Witch Because Of My Big Eyeballs During Deliverance - Lady / Please Tell Us,how You Got The Thought "There Is No God Almighty / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by AgentOfAllah: 9:06am On Sep 06, 2017
shaybebaby:

Buenos dias. Completely zonked out last night after just two hours sleep the night before.

Must be quite unsettling for you, I imagine. I respect your need to protect yourself and your family.

Buenos dias! Hope you got much needed rest.

It is a mildly irritating inconvenience, but I have grown rather used to it.
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by shaybebaby(f): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Buenos dias! Hope you got much needed rest.

It is a mildly irritating inconvenience, but I have grown rather used to it.
I did, feel renewed with a purposefulness to go back to bed. grin
Just kidding, but thanks for asking.

Is there a way of changing circles completely? I'm very much a live and let live person. So if people don't respect (note I didn't say accept) my choices, I distance myself completely. So couldn't you do the same? Kinda like agree to disagree.

Could I request that include bending time and space in your research? I've got someone bugging me about travelling to the moon and beyond and I'm starting to get desperate. cry
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by AgentOfAllah: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2017
shaybebaby:

I did, feel renewed with a purposefulness to go back to bed. grin
Just kidding, but thanks for asking.
Wonderful! Although, I wouldn't judge if you weren't kidding. I've certainly had my fair share of days when my life's calling was to cling to my bed.

Is there a way of changing circles completely? I'm very much a live and let live person. So if people don't respect (note I didn't say accept) my choices, I distance myself completely. So couldn't you do the same? Kinda like agree to disagree.
Oh, these individuals aren't in my circle any longer, yet I still must accommodate them as neighbours and distant relatives. To be honest, I don't even know what they are capable of. I just don't wish to find out any time soon.

Could I request that include bending time and space in your research? I've got someone bugging me about travelling to the moon and beyond and I'm starting to get desperate. cry
Would that it were so easy!
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by Afonjas: 5:41am On Feb 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your lack of basic science is a disadvantage.

In the Beginning God Created the Heavens (Plural) and The Earth.

This include all the elements and compounds in the periodic table and much more.

Now, use the Big Bang to explain the origin of oxygen?

Who is the God and which God are are you talking about? As far as I'm concern, there is no where in the Bible or Qur'an where Oxygen is mentioned let alone the Periodic Table or other element yet to be discovered.

stop mixing Science with your religion, your religion/God knows nothing about Oxygen.
The Universe is 13.8 billion years while Earth 4.543 billion years,

Where is the Heaven(s)?
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by Afonjas: 5:59am On Feb 09, 2019
love2017:

but those are natural disasters.... You will understand what I'm saying if you would be able to survive for 2 minutes, even in the closest planet to earth.

What you're saying is like visiting Bony Island, then declared that Nigeria is good, they enjoy 24/7 power supply with good securities etc then Ignore other local government of Nigeria.
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by Afonjas: 6:04am On Feb 09, 2019
[s]
Jfrankination:
bro before u believe dat dia is no God, ask yourself "All these secret cults, wat is d force/power behind dem" if there's no God and Hell don't u think life will be unfair? wat will happen to those that died of rituals? d lives DAT boko haram kill unjustly? i have seen miracles, not even a church make believe something, naw wat is behind dat miracle? i my self i am confused about these whole thing
[/s]

And all the Chickens you slaughtered, God will judge the jungle life
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:18am On Feb 09, 2019
butterflylion:

Why and how do you believe God exists? Why must it be called God? Why not another name like DTHITA or MASHUTI?

Describe the God you believe exists.

This argument makes me laugh. Just call it the uncaused first cause. Cos it makes sense that there must a thing that existed from where everything came from that is in itself eternal.

Otherwise nothing ever existed.

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:19am On Feb 09, 2019
felixomor:

Wow. From atheist to agnostic to "I believe God exists"...

Wow smiley
God be praised!

Atheist to a deist!

An agnostic says that the existence or nonexistence of God is unknown and unknowable
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:24am On Feb 09, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

Actually, you may be surprised to know that the 'big bang' can explain the origins of Oxygen to an astounding degree of accuracy. To understand the formation of elements, we first have to understand the events that led to their precursors. Although, the earliest time accounted for in the big bang theory is known as the Planck's epoch (approx. 10-43 S). There is no known theory that describes the state of the universe at any time preceding this, so we'll skip that period. Moreover, it is not terribly important to the formation of elements, as such I'll just give you the gist in bullet points summary.

1) By extrapolation of known physical laws and observations (esp. general theory of relativity and universal expansion), we estimate that there was a state in which the universe was of infinitesimally small volume, extremely high and near isotropic temperature and quasi-homogeneous, high energy density.

2) At the extreme size, energy density and temperature, quantum fluctuations must have caused small random inhomogenieties in the energy distribution, which caused minute local variations in energy states across the whole volume.

3) A phase change brought about rapid expansion of the universe. As the universe expanded, it cooled and its energy density reduced. Remember the local energy fluctuations from quantum effects? These local fluctuations were uniformly distributed (in the same way the debris from a bomb would be uniformly distributed around its explosion radius). These fluctuations were the seeds that latter resulted in the formation of large scale space (LSS) objects, which I will get to later.

4) Bear in the mind that in spite of its cooling, the universe was still very very hot in the initial stages of expansion. Anywhere you have very high energy/temperature, particles and their antiparticles can pop in and out of existence randomly. These particles are fundamentally just energy redistribution from one excited state to another. As a result, there was a period where the universe was dominated by quarks and anti-quarks, electrons and anti-electrons and many other elementary particles.

5) There was a period, known as baryogenesis, where the number of quarks and electrons exceeded the number of anti-quarks and anti-electrons. The reason for this imbalance isn't well understood, but one of the leading hypotheses is that some forms of antimatter decayed out of existence before they could annihilate with their matter counterparts.

6) Recall the energy fluctuations I mentioned earlier? Well, the excess matter were distributed in the same manner as these fluctuations because they are just different excited states of the same energy, basically.

7) Now, as the universe cooled further, the excess quark matter started to clump in many different configurations to conserve energy. Two of the configurations are ones with which we are most familiar: protons (Up Up Down) and neutrons (Up Down Down). Thus our very first Ionized Hydrogen atoms (1H+) were born! To a much smaller degree, the same process led to the creation of 2D (2D is for deuterium, a hydrogen with neutron) and 4He+ too. With further cooling, these atoms, which had excess positive charges started to trap electrons (negatively charged leptons) to balance out their excess positive charges.

8 ) But electric force wasn't the only force acting on these atoms. In fact, they were also experiencing gravitational pull from all other surrounding atoms. Luckily, the initial energy fluctuations meant some areas in the universe experienced more gravitational pull than others (due to presence of more atoms).

9) Eventually, large clouds of H, D and He gases started to clump around localised regions within the universe. As these clouds grew larger, the sum of all the atoms in them attained a critical mass known as Jeans mass. This is the mass at which gas clouds gravitationally collapse into a singular (spherical) LSS object. So great is this mass, that it forces the fusion of atomic nuclei (e.g. hydrogen nuclei and deutorium combining to form He-3 nuclei).

10) Now, let's say the binding energy of deuterium nucleus is ED, that of a Hydrogen is EH and that of helium-3 is EHe-3, you will see that EH + ED>EHe-3. Therefore, when D + H nuclei are combined to form a single helium-3 nuclei, we get:
2D + 1H → 3He + EH-He, where EH-He = (MD + MH - MHe)c2. (The famous E=mc2 equation!!). This is called nucleosynthesis

11) EH-He is difference in nuclear binding energy of the reactants, and it's the reason these spherical LSS objects we call stars glow brightly. EH-He also exerts an outward force that counteracts the inward gravitational force until there is equilibrium.

12) Meanwhile, when the finite amount of H and D in the star is exhausted, the 4He nuclei inside the star start combining to form 12C in a process known as the triple-alpha process;
4He + 4He → 8Be
8Be + 4He → 12C

13) Finally, with enough 12C formed, we get the next stage of reactions;
12C + 4He → 16O + EC-O

Behold! Oxygen

Besides this, there are also other cosmic events that synthesise various isotopes of oxygen, such as death of stars. This is story for another day, however.

For now, the key summary is that there is a clearly defined and well-understood process by which oxygen was formed from the big bang.

You skipped how the planets, galaxies stars and various moon was made.

Anyway the key question is from whence did the big bang come from. By definition anything that is outside of the big bang that caused it is beyond time and therefore eternal.

I call that thing God! The nature of that I do not know.
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:30am On Feb 09, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

How can yo say the earth is perfectly fine-tuned for life? An earth that is perfectly fine-tuned for life wouldn't suffer from cataclysmic events such as earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, volcanic eruptions, mass extinctions; it would neither have uninhabitable swathes of ice and sand deserts, nor predatory and parasitic lifeforms.
No, my "physicist" friend, this earth isn't "perfectly fine-tuned for life", it is just barely able to support certain lifeforms, and you will find that its entropic evolution is ambivalent towards the lifeforms which it harbours.

The fine tune argument sometimes appears lacking. I for example wonder why a perfect God will create a child with disabilities.

That being said, I always ask this question why is there something instead of nothing. Why did the universe begin at all? Why not nothing?

Unless this question is dismissed as trivial, carefully thinking about this will mean atheism is dead on arrival. The most sensible position will be agnosticism. And maybe deism.

It has to make sense why the universe exist.
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by shadeyinka(m): 8:50am On Feb 09, 2019
Afonjas:

Who is the God and which God are are you talking about? As far as I'm concern, there is no where in the Bible or Qur'an where Oxygen is mentioned let alone the Periodic Table or other element yet to be discovered.

stop mixing Science with your religion, your religion/God knows nothing about Oxygen.
The Universe is 13.8 billion years while Earth 4.543 billion years,

Where is the Heaven(s)?
Your level of basic comprehension of simple things is pathetic!

I asked a very simple question: use the big bang theory to explain the formation of Oxygen.
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by Afonjas: 9:11am On Feb 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your level of basic comprehension of simple things is pathetic!

I asked a very simple question: use the big bang theory to explain the formation of Oxygen.

slowpoke,
You brought Big Bang theory here not him, so why asking him to use it to explain the formation of Oxygen to you, are you okay?
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by felixomor: 9:40am On Feb 09, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Atheist to a deist!

An agnostic says that the existence or nonexistence of God is unknown and unknowable

Read my write up again.
From Atheist to agnostic to "i believe God exists"
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by shadeyinka(m): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2019
Afonjas:

slowpoke,
You brought Big Bang theory here not him, so why asking him to use it to explain the formation of Oxygen to you, are you okay?

Is he scared of a simple response!
And what's your business in this, I summoned you!?
If you know the answer, shouldn't you have helped him?
Birds of the same feather....!

Your heart full of garbage will start conversations with insults and name calling. Not surprised though: it's exactly as your master is!
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by JujuSugar(f): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2019
faseblex:

Amazing response!

MORE @: http://trendzbase..com/2017/08/epic-response-to-astronaut-who-said-i.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
"Epic" my left ass.
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by AgentOfAllah: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

You skipped how the planets, galaxies stars and various moon was made.
Your use of the word "skipped" implies, and I think wrongly, that there was an initial question about planets, galaxies and moons. I usually don't answer questions that are not asked, but if you are really interested in the process of formation of planets, you can check one of my earlier contributions on that subject here.

Anyway the key question is from whence did the big bang come from. By definition anything that is outside of the big bang that caused it is beyond time and therefore eternal.
No, the key question was how oxygen came about from the big bang, and I already addressed that. As for your own key question, I will assume you aren't really expecting an answer from me since I have severally indicated in this very thread that I don't know the source of the big bang, if one exists. Nevertheless, I should still point out that you seem confused about the concept of 'eternity'. Eternity is an unquantifiable length OF TIME. As such, something that is eternal is NOT beyond time, but rather establishes time as infinite.

I call that thing God! The nature of that I do not know.
Okay...I call that thing "I don't know".
Re: Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' by AgentOfAllah: 6:19pm On Feb 09, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

The fine tune argument sometimes appears lacking. I for example wonder why a perfect God will create a child with disabilities.
I fail to see the connection between a perfect god and the fine tune argument, but I can see how a child with disabilities belies the notion of a fine-tuned universe, and that is an important question to ask to those who think the universe is somehow fine tuned for life.

That being said, I always ask this question why is there something instead of nothing. Why did the universe begin at all? Why not nothing?

Unless this question is dismissed as trivial, carefully thinking about this will mean atheism is dead on arrival. The most sensible position will be agnosticism. And maybe deism.

If there was nothing, you wouldn't be here to ask that question. Anyway, I think that's not a valid first question to ask. Before asking why there is something instead of nothing, you must first answer why you believe there must be a "why". By asking "why" anything, you're invariably presupposing a thought/purpose behind that thing, and you have yet to show me that such a purpose is behind existence.

It has to make sense why the universe exist.
Why does it have to make sense? I genuinely want an answer to this question! If you know why the existence of the universe must make sense, please explain it to me because I don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) / What Have You Suffered For Christ? / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.