Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

- Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / (8396 Views)

MAC Cosmetics To Expand Presence In Africa, Opens First Store In Nigeria / Ladies! What Cologne's Do You Love To Smell On A Man? / Ladies: what do you carry or keep in your hand bags? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Sissy3(f): 1:17am On Feb 26, 2010
Cover girl?
Re: by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 26, 2010
Speaking of fake eyelash, I think that will be good as well but please add the adhesive glue along, rumour has it that the babes in Naija use some kind of glue that end up taking their natural ones out LOL!!!!!

Human hair weave and wig will be good too, I dunno where they find those caricature ones they are now wearing in the movies o! The ones i see here are 300% better than those rubbish in naija.

For makeup, I still stand with Mac,Napoleon and Cover girl. Once babes discover the real Mac, I'm sure they will come back for more with their babes and bobos. grin
Re: by chika98: 5:06am On Feb 26, 2010
jellybean:

Speaking of fake eyelash, I think that will be good as well but please add the adhesive glue along, rumour has it that the babes in Naija use some kind of glue that end up taking their natural ones out LOL!!!!!

Human hair weave and wig will be good too, I dunno where they find those caricature ones they are now wearing in the movies o! The ones i see here are 300% better than those rubbish in naija.

For makeup, I still stand with Mac,Napoleon and Cover girl. Once babes discover the real Mac, I'm sure they will come back for more with their babes and bobos. grin

I think I just choked on my own laugh! Ha heaha hehehehahahahahaahahahahaahahaha grin grin grin

Fake Mac Ke? Nothing Naija no go fake o! Na wa
Re: by Outstrip(f): 5:28am On Feb 26, 2010
Chaircover if you plan on carrying the lace fronts let me know. I don't wear them and I honestly don't like how they look but I just had a guy from warri wanting a distributor so I am now a distributor because I could not let this deal pass me by LOL. Cosmetics will be tough in Nigeria because most people do not care where their cosmetics come from (a few do but a few will not make you the money you need). I sell cosmetics and fashion accessories and I have to say that I do cosmetics simply because it brings in customers for the other things I distribute. You can never go wrong with the very intense eye shadows in Nigeria and people do not care what the brand is either. My marykay eyeshadows did not sell well in Nigeria but the NYC brand sold and my sister found these ones in a store in Atlanta that where so intense and they were like .99 cents on sale and I found someone to buy them all.
Re: by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 26, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2010
chaircover:

Not just Naija O!! , I remember last Feb when I thought I will follow the trend and went into a salon in Woowich, London to have mine done and this girl tried to glue the lashes with weave on bonding glue shocked

She said that hair was hair and the bonding glue was for all types of hair. I quickly shouted that noooooooooo Mbaaaaaaa otiooooooooo . . . .I no do. She kept on saying the glue that came with the pack will only last a few days, I just said yes thats OK, let it only last a few days.

Can't let someone blind me because I want to follow crowd embarassed

Wow, madness of the highest order!!!!!! Although i still don't understand how to sleep,shower and carry on for over a week with the lashes. I can't sleep with those lashes on and i think that's how it should be hence they added the adhesive glue along,When it calls for i normally just fix it for the event and take it off when I'm done, I'm still cracking up to her saying "Hair is Hair" grin grin
Re: by ayettymama(f): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
you girls shouldnt come here and makie me LAUGH!!!

NO1 where did u find gucci at £450 a bag?? hehehehehe

ur feelin funky with ur SUPERIOR FAKE!!

no2 for those that dont no- the adhesive packaged with fake eyelashes

are exactly the same as the hairbonding adhesive!- some even have the gold one

if u also dont no- fake eyelashes do damage and atimes take out ur natural ones

so itd nuffin to do with how its done in naija!- thats how it is!

i love it when foreigners wanna feel funky!
like their arent more fakes in the states! since when was rockin a designer bag soo important?? esp when its fake! £450 or 450 naira!
Re: by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
this girl tried to glue the lashes with weave on bonding glue

shocked shocked

the adhesive packaged with fake eyelashes

are exactly the same as the hairbonding adhesive

are you sure?

The fake eyelash one may be in diluted quantities though.
Re: by ayettymama(f): 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
no its not diluted

its exactly the same!

supposed to have the same adhesive strength

i knew from the time i smelt it!-

its all latex

check the components urself!
Re: by Outstrip(f): 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ yettymama they are not the same. They might have similar composition but not the same. Apparently you can also use hair bonding glue for your eyelashes but they are not the exact same thing. Sorry but your nose smelled wrong LOL
Re: by ayettymama(f): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2010
they are exactly the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWybWQjUP8

do u wanna get into science wiv me now??

cos i dont even wanna have to break is down for u!

Diff fake lashes have diff gues, ALL of these glues are used to bond hair
and does it make sense for two things to have the same ingredients and not the same thing??

dont get me wrong- there are some brands that make 'special glu' maybe a lil extra perfume patent to make it exclusive

but the basic brands use the same latex shizz-
Re: by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2010

1 Like

Re: by ayettymama(f): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: by ayettymama(f): 12:30am On Feb 28, 2010
hmmm
yes u could prob find an odd one or two- for arnd that price- but
i would hardly say gucci bags go for £450 a bag

dayuum i didnt even see those- just hate hologram

hmm but naija chicks have a thing for free advertising!
Re: by Outstrip(f): 2:11am On Feb 28, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 28, 2010
Re: by ayettymama(f): 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2010
'gucci at £450 a bag'

u made it sound like that average! just sayin it wasnt

u showed me thier cheapest!- hologram bags!

u started to go off topic i didnt

i found ur 'essay' rather disrespectful and thats why i decided to chip in

and ur welcome!
Re: by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2010
Re: by Outstrip(f): 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ chaircover for some reason I cannot send private messages on here. Do you have an email address that you don't mind putting on here
Re: by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2010
Re: by Outstrip(f): 9:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
Got it. You can take it down now if you like
Re: by cosmogirl: 3:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Personally i think you should stock ur store with different cosmetic brands that are new in Nigeria that way you can definitely monopolize the market with that product for a while, i will suggest loola cosmetics(lolaartistrybyife@gmail.com) they are amazing , maybe line is amazing, l'oreal, sleek, definately not mary kay because every one carrys that so there is no market value and so is mac because their are many counterfeits.
Re: by zainabubu(f): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
Hello,

If you want something that won't tie down your cash down for too long, you should get Black Opal beauty products, pretty affordable and good quality also, and sells pretty well. www.blackopalbeauty.com
I also have a beauty store, so I'm telling you from experience, go to Kuddy Cosmetics, they are the distributors of a lot of beauty products in Nigeria. St Ives, Queen Helene etc, do pretty well for body scrubs (those sell quite well also), again Kuddy, distributes for them. MAC is quite expensive, and not many purchase them as before, IMAN seems to be lesser priced replacement for the brand, so you should check them out also. Can't remember the name of their official distributor in Nigeria, but they are toooo expensive! So check Kuddy's own out, her stuff are pretty authentic (ships them from the States).

Try not to focus too much on makeup, skincare sells the most; lightening stuff. Black Opal, QEI+, Pr Francoise, Extreme Brite, Clear Quick, etc. They sell a lot of fake of them in the market, so you should again, go to Kuddy. (notice I keep mentioning them? if you don't want wahala and extra cost of shipping them yourself, going to Kuddy is your best bet. #trueTalk)

FYI, depending on the store branch you decide to purchase from, make sure you let the sales rep know you want to buy for resale, they give good deals for resellers. www.kuddycosmetics.com
Re: by JapanOverseas(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2012
We are a multinational company dealing in various products like branded cosmetics, Hair/skin/face/body products. We also deal stock lots of various products like cosmetics and make up products of high end brands. I.T Industry computers/laptops and Automobile. We sell various stock lot products
Can I be of help. Please send me your email address and i shall offer your products you could sell at reasonable profit.

please let us know what else could we offer you. Can you import ? send me email joccars@zar.att.ne.jp
Re: by mynameisjade: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
I think you have to look@it dis way,where exactly is ur shop?is it in a condusive enviroment?i mean like a T junction or sumfinWell in my opinion der is nothing tHat a good advert cnt help...
Well about the product?Well evrione seems to luv a glowing skin dat speaks volumes,Makari,Avon,Neurogena etc
And pls do Throw in sum quality hair extensions while u are @it ie Brazilian,peruvian etc(d craze for dat is neva endin)
All the bestest there is dear...
Re: by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Stretch Marks On A Lady That Got People Talking (graphic Image) / Asantee Papaya Soap Vs Fair And White So White Soap / Looking For A Good Jheri Curl Activator Relaxer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.