Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,852 members, 7,841,217 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! (26777 Views)

I Am Alive – Buchi Debunks Death Rumour / Saint Obi's Family Reacts To Zik Zulu's Allegations Against His Widow / Bobrisky Reacts To His Death Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by ajepako(f): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
rman:

Yes, Orun Mo'oru was produced using bank loan. People got hold of the tape duplicated it and put it on VCR cassettes. This made several people not to pay to see the movie at the cinemas which was where you recoup your money back then.

I think that was even his last major work.

After Orun mooru, he produced Mosebolatan and Aare Agbaaye but they weren't great hits like Orun Mooru...

Later he produced a movie on VCD called Agba Man...
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by Oletubo(m): 2:20am On Aug 24, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I don't knew him so i am cared less

English is in trouble!
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by Oletubo(m): 2:22am On Aug 24, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I don't knew him so i am cared less

Did you pass JSS 3 English at all?
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by rman: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2017
ajepako:

After Orun mooru, he produced Mosebolatan and Aare Agbaaye but they weren't great hits like Orun Mooru...

You are right.

I saw Mosebolatan and Agba Man....but did not see Aare Agbaye..you just brought back memories ..Thanks
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by aycorporat(m): 6:07am On Aug 24, 2017
ajepako:

Iya Sala was Aduke George (she is late now)... Other major casts are: Adisa (the educated and enlightened character and the one constantly correcting Baba Sala and bailing him out of his self-induced troubles) then there is Baba Legba, Kari-Ile his dumb and deaf village wife, (that's the one with the funny way of speaking because she is half deaf) Asipe a thug , Obalende, and others... Mainly his Achiles heels are always light skinned women (omo pupa)...

Such comical lot alongside Baba sala.. grin grin grin grin
Hahahahahahaha, so true about Adisa the one he calls A-dis-ababa! Very true characters with comic interpretation of roles. Thanks Lagospikin.
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by rman: 6:10am On Aug 24, 2017
ajepako:

Iya Sala was Aduke George (she is late now)... Other major casts are: Adisa (the educated and enlightened character and the one constantly correcting Baba Sala and bailing him out of his self-induced troubles) then there is Baba Legba, Kari-Ile his dumb and deaf village wife, (that's the one with the funny way of speaking because she is half deaf) Asipe a thug , Obalende, and others... Mainly his Achiles heels are always light skinned women (omo pupa)...

Such comical lot alongside Baba sala.. grin grin grin grin

You remeber Baba Sala's chararcter very well amd his cast. Kudos!
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by ishadfurnitures: 6:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Baba Sala , Gbendu gbendu ikun bi oya (2ce)
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by aycorporat(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2017
ajepako:

Can we do something here on nairaland chronicling his life event as our own way of Immortalizing this great thespian? I followed him on television when he was invited to the show who wants to be a millionaire. Wish I could be there to help answer the questions. Lagos pikin, dig up more stories on this great man. Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by ajepako(f): 7:27am On Aug 24, 2017
rman:

You remeber Baba Sala's chararcter very well amd his cast. Kudos!

He sure made my childhood awesome with his clean humor and funny attires..

He is definitely unforgettable..
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by gbengulonice(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
maklelemakukula:
What is a baba sala ?
indomie

generation
Re: Family Reacts To Baba Sala’s Death Rumour! by biggieoflife: 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
I wonder why almost all the reports on Baba Sala's death have failed to come with pictures of him in his prime? Laziness?

Anyway, I didn't quite live in his era but I vaguely remember watching a few movies he appeared in and a particularly hilarious talkshow on which he was a guest.

Oversized and flamboyant costumes were his signature dressing.
So much so that, he became the generic name for anything xxl.
There was Baba Sala-sized bournvita, body cream, powdered milk and baba sala bread.

May his soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skull Mining: Don't Blame Nollywood - Yul Edochie Replies House Of Reps / Kiss Daniel Stuns In Traditional Wear / Okey Bakassi Celebrates His 52nd Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.