Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,313 members, 7,826,243 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Top 6 Reasons To Attend Business Networking Events - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 6 Reasons To Attend Business Networking Events (576 Views)

Attend Business event Lagos March 12th / Attend Business Seminar Featuring Renowned Human Resource Expert, Liz Wiseman / Join Business Networking Whatsapp Group For Young Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Reasons To Attend Business Networking Events by bigfootdreams: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
If you are like the former me, the thought of going for a networking event can make you suddenly develop cold feet. Most of us don’t hold networking events in high esteem not because we don’t see the need but because of a number of people, we would have to come in contact with at the event. The truth, however, is that not only are networking event a great way to step out of your comfort zone, they also help you in the following ways;

1. To build relationships
Attending a networking event or a conference should never be seen as a short-term goal but a long-term one. Attending such gathering is the first step to permeating the industry that you belong to. No matter the industry that you belong to, attending a networking event or conference increases your chance of building a long-lasting relationship with the big players of the industry. For Instance, if you are just beginning a career as a Tech Person, it will be necessary that you attend the entire tech event that you can lay your hands on because this would give you an opportunity to meet with top tech professionals and also new tech enthusiast like you.

2. To keep up to date with industry trends
Keeping up with the trends in your industry is what you cannot achieve in the confines of your home or office. The easiest way to stay in touch with the latest trend in the industry is to hang out with people in your industry. When you are in a room with a number of people from your industry, you are such to talk about what has been happening lately in your industry. This helps you gain insight into the current and future challenges of the industry and even possible solutions.

3. To connect with key influencers

It’s not every day you have the opportunity to meet with the la crème la crème of your industry but attending networking events give you that opportunity on a platter of gold. At networking events, you get to not only see those people but also engage in a healthy conversation with these influencers without being shoved away by protocols.

4. To be motivated
If there is anything I have come to love about networking event it’s the fact that I always leave the place super motivated than I came. At the end a networking event, you are sure to leave the room full of new ideas, inspiration and most importantly motivation to do better.

5. Increase your visibility

Even if you are just attending a networking event for fun or for the purpose of learning, networking event helps you increase your visibility. For Instance, if you are a fine artist that is always eager to attend creative artist events, you’d sure get noticed after a while and the big break you have been waiting for might come from that hangout that you never saw as so important.

6. Master your Message
A networking event is the best place to really know what you stand for. It is the best place to practice how to sell yourself because you have less than 30 sec to make a lasting impression to that individual that has approached you. You come across a lot of people at a networking event and mastering the act of selling yourself to individuals can only come from constant practice.

Not sure of which networking event to attend next? You should take a look at these great networking events that are just around the corner.

Startup Grind - Muyiwa Matuluko, Co-founder of Techpoint.ng to Speak at August Edition
http://www.eventchrome.com/2017/08/startup-grind-muyiwa-matuluko-co.html

The Boardroom August Edition: Building From Scratch
http://www.eventchrome.com/2017/08/the-boardroom-august-edition-building.html

Connect and Network at DevOps Meetup at Startzone
http://www.eventchrome.com/2017/08/connect-and-network-at-devops-meetup-at.html

Re: Top 6 Reasons To Attend Business Networking Events by chudy144(m): 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
Exactly I con core with all of your points....

i have benefited so much from events i attend..

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons To Attend Business Networking Events by bigfootdreams: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
chudy144:
Exactly I con core with all of your points....

i have benefited so much from events i attend..

Thank You

(1) (Reply)

Best 2017 Business You Can Venture Into With Low Capital / Business Plan Writers For Startups And Smes / Offer completed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.