Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina (19257 Views)

Buhari Presides Over Virtual FEC Meeting. Ibrahim Gambari In Attendance / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA / “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Cuche: 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
It turned out that the worst SSA on media to any leader so far is Mr Femi Adesina. He has never answered any question like somebody smart, he has never granted an interview session that one could give a pass mark and he wears a stern face that puts me off. So dodgy with answers to simple questions and unfriendly in his response to minor queries. To cap it all, he is always eager to talk nonsense. I mute the television anytime I see him on NTA , Channels and the rest. Good enough the remote is always sitting close to me in case of people like Mr Femi whose speech is so irritating.
Modified:
He is definitely not an interviewers delight from what I have seen him do. Right now, I can't remember if his columns on Sunnews was superb or dull. The man that worked with Former President Jonathan showed superior understanding of things and appeared to deliver better judgment of situations.

5 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by gcof(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
DickDastardLION:
Ndia sef ... kedu ife mmadu ji isi kote ...ahn ahn undecided undecided
hhahahhahahaha chai I can't stop laughing at your comment. This people wan kill us...Ike kwuru

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by gcof(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
The next would be "no law says the president should work in an office" ndi government naijiria ekenekwa m unu

4 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by benjoggas: 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
Adesina has taken over from Lai Mohammed.
What a peaceful handover...

4 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by FrankGiel: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
Must these spokespersons talk??
Its better they keep quiet and be thought of as Fools than to speak and erase every possible doubt...

Buhari is still recuperating simple!! He should keep riding on the goodwill he currently enjoys.. All these stupid lies are irksome!!

First rodents now this!!!

All these advisers are too stupid to be In power

3 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by raphaeladeyele: 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
For not holding FEC mtg today is not babaric wat Buhari did today supercede the mtg

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by FrankGiel: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nbote:
Oh Lord!!! Someone needs to pls ask dis ppl to shut up rather than make stupid statements.. A meeting U have always held every week since dis administration came underway and now instead of either addressing d issue or ignore it U refer back to d previous administration again!!! D same administration U all claim was clueless? Dis govt needs to silence it aides instead of d social media
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by chronique(m): 11:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Since Nigeria was created, I don't think we have ever had a complete set of incompetent bozos like those in charge now, running the affairs of this nation. Everytime people like Femi adeshina, Lai Mohammed, shehu garba, Lauretta onochie, buhari and Co open their mouths to speak, they end up leaving you sick with running stomach. Nothing they say ever makes sense. I'm just trying to imagine how dull and dumb their offsprings, would be...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by ozimec(m): 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
DickDastardLION:
The Senior Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr Femi Adesina, has defended the President’s decision to cancel the Federal Executive Council Meeting on Wednesday.

A statement by Mr Adesina in the morning announced the decision but gave no reason for the cancellation of the meeting which would have been the first attended by the President after his return from a more-than-100 days medical vacation.

Asked about the decision in a telephone interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, the presidential spokesman said there was nothing to it and that concerns about its implications were uncalled for.

“There is no law that says the Federal Executive Council meeting should hold every week. There is no law that says it must be weekly. Under a past administration, it used to hold once every two weeks,” he said.

“So, there is no law that says it should hold every Wednesday. It depends on what you have on the agenda to discuss. The President is the Chairman of that meeting. So, he has the discretion to hold or not to hold (the meeting).”

President Buhari’s decision to cancel the meeting had led to more questions about his fitness to resume work and carry out his duties effectively.

On Tuesday, news that he would be working from home because rodents had damaged items in his office and that it was under renovation caused a stir and went viral on the social media.

But Mr Adesina dismissed the concerns, saying that the President is strong enough to perform his duties and that the office in his home and the one in his office complex were only a short distance apart in any case.

“The fact that FEC does not hold in one week does not mean anything significant because the President has the discretion to hold or not to hold FEC (meetings),” he said.

Asked if the cancellation of Wednesday’s meeting meant that FEC would no longer be meeting weekly, he said it wasn’t the case, before going on to say that the meeting had not held every week over time in the first case.

“That is not correct. It did not hold every week; when this administration began, it did not hold every week. And right from then, it had been understood that the FEC would hold as often as there are things to discuss,” Mr Adesina said.

Had today’s FEC meeting held and the President attended, it would have been the first he would be presiding over in more than three months.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who was the Acting President while he was away presided over the weekly meeting in his absence.

Professor Osinbajo also presided over the FEC meetings that the President missed before travelling to London.

Source:

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/08/23/no-law-says-fec-meeting-must-held-every-week-femi-adesina/

Uncle Femi, Uncle Femi, how many times did I call you? Shee una don start again? Rat excuse never end o, abeg no just start another.

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Larasisi(f): 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
You and Shehu Garba should just go and sit down. .you two are not managing Baba's social image well at all!! Why on earth did you allow him to come out with the rat bullshit as if his long unexplained absence has not wearied Nigerians .You keep giving the wailers the ammunition to fire their salvo.
Be careful if not you will soon be out of job

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by tommynico(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
Lord why all these confusion in the zoo! Why lord! Why..........

2 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by ovieokodhi(m): 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Paperwhite:
Chai cry cry cry cry FEC meeting backed by the Nigerian constitution-wherein issues affecting our national life are delibrated upon and crucials decisions are taken?(The Whitehoused daily briefings)All these barrage of excuses just to justified why the President Buhari failed to convene the meeting as usual or why the rat excuse failed to fly Ndi APC gee bu mmadu.May we never witness anything close to APC again.Amen,isee.
issue are deliberated upon and what has that Changed in the life of the common man. I believe they pay them after every sitting, my thoughts anyways. In as much as I know it was canceled because it will raise eye brows when the vice will be preceding on issues of national interest when the president is around. So they know he's sick and can't attend every week. ANOTHER APC SCAM

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Ojiofor: 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Omeokachie:
And this Adesina dude is said to be a "pastor"?

Pastor like Osinbajo..mtcheew
Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Vic74real: 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
How come the rats hv not destroyed his home office too. Is it his ghost that was occupying that one?

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by positivetaught: 11:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
The singular reason y the FEC was cancelled is just to prevent oshokomole fayose from having a direct n factual contact with the package ailing n clearly feeble mallam president, shikena.

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by NnamdiN: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Viking007:
Just a matter of time, they should enjoy the stage while it last.
hehe wetin u dey find here?

2 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Roydonzy87: 12:21am On Aug 24, 2017
...an No law said a president should die in power either. It's obvious the president's health is at stake hence rat ate up his office for him not to host the FEC mrrying today ...The president can't Liv d house to avoid his health embarrassing him....Why the brazen arrogance n insult on the sensibility of Nigerians.... Let this man resign and concentrate more on his health.

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Roydonzy87: 12:22am On Aug 24, 2017
...an No law said a president should die in power either. It's obvious the president's health is at stake hence rat ate up his office for him not to host the FEC meeting today ...The president can't Liv d house to avoid his health embarrassing him....Why the brazen arrogance n insult on the sensibility of Nigerians.... Let this man resign and concentrate more on his health.

2 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by tonguengineer(m): 1:12am On Aug 24, 2017
mikeycharles:
I agree with you Femi, the meeting is not even compulsory for Buhari to attend. wailers are just wailing
It beat me when I still spot a zombie comment on this topic
Is their worms in or brain??

Can't u just reason like a normal human being for once

Anyway I have made ma conclusions

It is either ur brain Ned complete overhauling or maybe u re just a gullible simpleton but any which way u still need to see tb Joshua please

2 Likes

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by ja2ken(m): 1:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Gonna get 2 punching bags, and I'll name them "femi" n "garba".. That's gonna make me train harder... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by DVC1: 1:21am On Aug 24, 2017
A polite way of saying you are a lazy man. Weeyaf hear you
Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Leez(m): 1:27am On Aug 24, 2017
DickDastardLION:
The Senior Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr Femi Adesina, has defended the President’s decision to cancel the Federal Executive Council Meeting on Wednesday.

A statement by Mr Adesina in the morning announced the decision but gave no reason for the cancellation of the meeting which would have been the first attended by the President after his return from a more-than-100 days medical vacation.

Asked about the decision in a telephone interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, the presidential spokesman said there was nothing to it and that concerns about its implications were uncalled for.

“There is no law that says the Federal Executive Council meeting should hold every week. There is no law that says it must be weekly. Under a past administration, it used to hold once every two weeks,” he said.

“So, there is no law that says it should hold every Wednesday. It depends on what you have on the agenda to discuss. The President is the Chairman of that meeting. So, he has the discretion to hold or not to hold (the meeting).”

President Buhari’s decision to cancel the meeting had led to more questions about his fitness to resume work and carry out his duties effectively.

On Tuesday, news that he would be working from home because rodents had damaged items in his office and that it was under renovation caused a stir and went viral on the social media.

But Mr Adesina dismissed the concerns, saying that the President is strong enough to perform his duties and that the office in his home and the one in his office complex were only a short distance apart in any case.

“The fact that FEC does not hold in one week does not mean anything significant because the President has the discretion to hold or not to hold FEC (meetings),” he said.

Asked if the cancellation of Wednesday’s meeting meant that FEC would no longer be meeting weekly, he said it wasn’t the case, before going on to say that the meeting had not held every week over time in the first case.

“That is not correct. It did not hold every week; when this administration began, it did not hold every week. And right from then, it had been understood that the FEC would hold as often as there are things to discuss,” Mr Adesina said.

Had today’s FEC meeting held and the President attended, it would have been the first he would be presiding over in more than three months.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who was the Acting President while he was away presided over the weekly meeting in his absence.

Professor Osinbajo also presided over the FEC meetings that the President missed before travelling to London.

Source:

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/08/23/no-law-says-fec-meeting-must-held-every-week-femi-adesina/
ds man has battered his reputation
no one will ever take him serious again

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by totorimi: 1:43am On Aug 24, 2017
You guys ain't seen nothing yet......

Just wait till 2019

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by mikeycharles(m): 2:54am On Aug 24, 2017
tonguengineer:

It is either ur brain Nee complete overhauling or maybe u re just a gullible simpleton but any which way u still need to see tb Joshua please
No be only Ned na Fed
Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by mikeycharles(m): 2:54am On Aug 24, 2017
tonguengineer:

It is either ur brain Ned complete overhauling or maybe u re just a gullible simpleton but any which way u still need to see tb Joshua please
No be only Ned na Fed
Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by tit(f): 4:24am On Aug 24, 2017
hate speech is now 2 days imprisonment

Mynddd
Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by suavetony(m): 4:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Dumb comment! People that can't call a spade a spade... not speaking out when you're meant to is not diplomacy but corruption!

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Compliant(m): 4:53am On Aug 24, 2017
IT IS FINISH

WHAT A COUNTRY

WHAT A COSTLY MISTAKE

GOD PLEASE HAVE MERCY

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Nackzy: 6:28am On Aug 24, 2017
Please has anyone seen that APC is taking Nigeria for a ride...No respect for it citizens....is it because they are Animals n they think Nigerians are fools...point of correction it is only ur followers those psycophants that are not seeing anything wrong in ur shit n vomit that are fools....not us abeg...just those ones uou hve won thier gullible heart with Propaganda and decite

1 Like

Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by Edu3Again: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2017
APC na Comedy club
Re: No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina by bejeria101(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2017
Every goot thing we have dis apc govt would just come and scatter it. Wetin dat amala afonja otondo saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Fumes As PDP Demands Review Of Buhari Supreme Court Victory / President Addo Did Not Call For Revolution In Nigeria – Ghana / My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.