Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina (7378 Views)

Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism / Nora Roberts Replies Accusation Of Plagiarism By Tomi Adeyemi In Style / Tomi Adesina Shares Pictures From The Signing And Reading Of Her New Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by OEPHIUS(m): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
Tomi Adesina is a fiction series blogger whose blog I have been reading and following since 2014 or thereabout.In 2013 she won the Nigerian Blog Awards for her blog fiction series and in 2015 her screenplay on cyberbullying (Feisty John) won the Homevida Prize.
She also won the Nigerian Writers Award for Best Young Writer in 2015 and her short stories have been featured in magazines across Africa.

I have read quite a number of her fiction series and I must say, she is very exceptional. She has also written scripts for M-net TV series.
She recently wrote a book titled “George’s Pieces of Me” which was launched at the Centre for Contemporary Arts, Yaba, Lagos on Sunday.
She blogs at tomiadesina.
1. A brief introduction of you

My name is Tomi Adesina. I am a screenwriter, a fiction series blogger and now an author. I reside in Lagos, Nigeria. I hold a Bachelor’s​ degree in Microbiology from Bowen University and a Master’s degree in Environmental Biology from the University​ of Lagos.

2. How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging since 2012 till date.

3. How did you start blogging? What prompted or motivated you?
I had my first blog in 2008 but didn’t have any issue for it. However in 2012 while in the University, a friend gave me the idea of putting my stories online for people to read and so I took the initiative and started blogging fiction.
4. Do you earn through your blog? How?
I’d have said a flat ‘No’ but my blog has been a referral for me as a screenwriter, so that’s its contribution to my earning.
5. Who are the bloggers/writers you look up to?

Tunde Leye was a mentor to me when I started blogging because I was learning the ropes, I had no idea how to go about it and when he gave a story of mine a shot on his “Reader’s Corner”, it gave me a good leap.
6. You recently wrote a book. Tell us about it. Why should anyone buy it?

George’s Pieces Of Me is a collection of poems and short stories. It is one that internalizes loss, home and a journey to redemption in the lives of the characters that we meet in the course of the book. From George to Jemimah and the other characters with brief stints, we’re poised to find a reflection of ourselves in search for home.

7. How did your love for writing start? Especially scriptwriting.

I have always been a writer. Born a writer. Screenwriting came for me as a side hustle when I needed to take a new leap in my career in 2013. I wanted to try something new and that’s what gave birth to screenwriting, an opportunity to do something different.

8. Some of your series: Dear Future Husband, Beautiful stranger etc, how on earth do you pull those beautiful words together? Imaginations or life experiences?
Majority of them are married with life and fiction. I try to inject my imagination as much as I can into what I write. I have a very interesting mind and I love exploring it. There is also the part of life experiences which I enjoy infusing once in a while in of course a fictional manner.

9. Why did it take so long for you to have a published book? Because most of your blog series are like books in their own right

There was the financial angle at a time because it’s so difficult getting a publisher to take a chance on you, after that came the decision to wait until I had something I wanted to do. George’s Pieces Of Me is that first thing and I’m so excited about it. I don’t consider the blog series “books” () because it’s a different ball game writing a book than blogging. I considered having some of the blog series as books and I’m working towards the best option for it.
10. Do you plan to retire from blogging someday?
– Well, I’d always like to have a blog to pen down my thoughts from time to time. As it is now, I don’t think I’m blogging actively as my work takes a huge chunk of my time.
11. What makes you happy/ bring you fulfilment?
– I like being able to do something good in my own little way. When someone

http://yetundeolasiyan.com/meet-the-blogger-tomi-adesina-screenwriter-author-fiction-series-blogger/

3 Likes

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by NigeriaJokesUWO: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2017
smiley

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by veekid(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2017
E no concern me

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Mechette(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2017
ok
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Ihutomi: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2017
Who ei epp
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by cr7rooney10(m): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Mo shorire ooo

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Mechette(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2017
Ihutomi:
Who ei epp
do u kw ha
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by yemitexcel(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2017
Alright
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2017
Originality pays.. Bloggers this time around are all into entertainment. I asked one yesterday night why he can't blog something else, his response was, 'I was born for entertainment right from my childhood' cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by sakalisis(m): 7:23am On Aug 24, 2017
okay
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Ocutegan(m): 7:24am On Aug 24, 2017
Wow I remember during the ASUU strike of 2013 it was her blog that helped me pull through it, I think I got on the blog through a link here on nairaland and since then I got stuck, dear future husband was my favorite, then she used to post like every week. I loved it and I'm so happy to hear about her again, this time in a better position. All the best Tomi

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by millionboi(m): 7:27am On Aug 24, 2017
Jack
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Franco93: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2017
k
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by kafiz1(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2017
grin ma 6ta in d makin
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2017
Good for her

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by MhizzAJ(f): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2017
good

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Emperor002: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2017
came to read comment nd dis one no concern me
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by Bigajeff(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2017
Another one known for her passion, fly high girl
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by UjSizzle(f): 7:55am On Aug 24, 2017
Tomi is an amazing writer.

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by moneychannel: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2017
Interesting read
Re: An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina by davide470(m): 8:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Tomi!! smiley

She has a beautiful soul and smile that calm the nerves.

Currently reading her George's Pieces of Me and it has been an interesting one so far.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? / Are There Any Creative Writing Schools In Nigeria? / 1000+ Ebooks Free Download, Cool.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.