Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike (19281 Views)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by CornelG(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2017
Blatant lies all flying through, i will soon report you guys to Buratai for inciting messages/speechs. I totally disagree with all this information thereby waiting for it officially from ASUU because am an optimist that believe ASUU strike won't lies long as speculated by some bunch of fools here!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by Syphonn(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2017
LATEST

The Federal Government’s efforts towards getting the the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)to call off its nationwide strike failed on Thursday last week as both parties did not agree on some issues.

According to a source who was present at the meeting, the Federal Government promised to honour all of ASUU’s requests except the one regarding the TSA.

Read more at www.busygisting.com
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by freezyprinzy(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2017
herzern:
What do you expect of lecturers with additional source of income from Private Institutions.

Fortunately,they get paid for the period of strike action too.

that's the most annoying part if the matter
If the federal government should enforce a no work no pay policy,I am sure they will find a middle ground
And I swear most lecturers no deserve salary even jss3 students sabi book pass them...A lecturer that can't construct a simple sentence is that one a lecturer?.
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by Mijolnir(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2017
rossyc:
Aluta continua

Lol....are u a unn student??����� grin
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by rossyc(f): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Mijolnir:

Lol....are u a unn student??����� grin
Nop..FUTO graduate..
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by raphaeladeyele: 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
Aluta Continua
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by DONADAMS(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
nonsense ATBU!!!I know say dem must vote to continue.. buh they should please reconsider it..I wanna graduate abeg
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by edogu(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
freezyprinzy:
that's the most annoying part if the matter
If the federal government should enforce a no work no pay policy,I am sure they will find a middle ground
And I swear most lecturers no deserve salary even jss3 students sabi book pass them...A lecturer that can't construct a simple sentence is that one a lecturer?.
My brother, that where you got it wrong. The last time ASUU embarked on a strike, the FG invoked the no work, no pay. This, in no way, prevented the union from continuing with the strike for six months. ASUU is a well organized Union. Previous governments, from the time of Babaginda, Abacha and Obasanjo have employed every means to break them down, yet they couldn't succeed. ASUU has what we called check out ( I hope I got it right) dues. These dues are deducted from their salaries every month. A member who is financially up-to-date with his or her dues is entitled to a loan. So, each time the union embark on strike, a member can apply for a loan with an agreement to pay back once the strike is over.
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by babyfaceafrica: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
edogu:

My brother, that where you got it wrong. The last time ASUU embarked on a strike, the FG invoked the no work, no pay. This, in no way, prevented the union from continuing with the strike for six months. ASUU is a well organized Union. Previous governments, from the time of Babaginda, Abacha and Obasanjo have employed every means to break them down, yet they couldn't succeed. ASUU has what we called check out ( I hope I got it right) dues. These dues are deducted from their salaries every month. A member who is financially up-to-date with his or her dues is entitled to a loan. So, each time the union embark on strike, a member can apply for a loan with an agreement to pay back once the strike is over.
why should a lecturer be paid for 6 months strike,while student lives are been wasted... Some some don't graduate in time,some become overage and miss Nysc... If lecturers are serious..they should forfeit salaries ,..then we will know they have the student at heart...but it seems only the student loses...it is a win win for ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by edogu(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
why should a lecturer be paid for 6 months strike,while student lives are been wasted... Some some don't graduate in time,some become overage and miss Nysc... If lecturers are serious..they should forfeit salaries ,..then we will know they have the student at heart...but it seems only the student loses...it is a win win for ASUU
Yes, they shouldn't have been paid for six months when they have not worked. May be, they got away with it because it was during Jonathan'administration. However, we should also give them credit. You and I know that some of the infrastructures we have in our various institutions (TETFUND and the rest) wouldn't have been feasible without this strike. It's very unfortunate that the students are the victims in this case. In nations such as Nigeria, the only way to bring the government down on their kneel is unfortunately through strike.
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by babyfaceafrica: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
edogu:

Yes, they shouldn't have been paid for six months when they have not worked. May be, they got away with it because it was during Jonathan'administration. However, we should also give them credit. You and I know that some of the infrastructures we have in our various institutions (TETFUND and the rest) wouldn't have been feasible without this strike. It's very unfortunate that the students are the victims in this case. In nations such as Nigeria, the only way to bring the government down on their kneel is unfortunately through strike.
you have said well, but until ASUU stop collecting salaries for any strike embarked on,then I will take them serious, they can't continue to eat their cake and have it..it is unfair!!!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by VERQUEST111: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
lemme go and get marry ;Dlemme go and get marry
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by jmike69(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
EntMirror:
Good.. Good development. This Should give our undergraduates the time to face the real word and acquire some skills. It's not about cramming theories, learning facts and figures that will never be used in the real world. Please, carry on with the strike. I'm in support.

Visit www.entmirror.com for all your business ideas
its Like Your Head Is Paining You
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by Tj70(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
ASUU! Aluta continua Victoria acerta!!!
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by Lexxyla: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Bari22:

Adekunle Ajasin University if Agriculture voted to continue the strike

AAUA Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State

There is no Adekunle Ajasin University of Agriculture in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by shogsman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
Aaua is not university of agriculture, do ur findings well
Re: ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike by Bari22: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lexxyla:

There is no Adekunle Ajasin University of Agriculture in Nigeria
Ia there adekunle ajasin university?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.