Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Police Beats Vanguard Newspaper Driver In Port-harcpourt Over N100 Bribe - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Police Beats Vanguard Newspaper Driver In Port-harcpourt Over N100 Bribe (1497 Views)

19-Year-Old Female Student Killed By Hit And Run Driver In Bayelsa. Graphic Pics / See The Error Vanguard Newspaper Made After Yesterday's Champions League Match / Tension In Imo State As Policeman Kills Conductor Over N100 Bribe (graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Beats Vanguard Newspaper Driver In Port-harcpourt Over N100 Bribe by Deejayolu(m): 4:52am On Aug 24, 2017
A driver, conveying Vanguard newspapers from Yenagoa to Port Harcourt, Mr. Austin Akezue, was molested yesterday around Emohua Junction on the East-West Road by men of the Rivers State Police Command for allegedly refusing to part with N100 gratification. Narrating his ordeal in the hands of the men of SARS. He said....

http://candourgist.com/2017/08/24/police-batters-vanguard-newspaper-driver-n100-bribe/
Re: Police Beats Vanguard Newspaper Driver In Port-harcpourt Over N100 Bribe by sybarite7(m): 5:13am On Aug 24, 2017
A driver, conveying Vanguard newspapers from Yenagoa to Port Harcourt, Mr. Austin Akezue, was molested yesterday around Emohua Junction on the East-West Road by men of the Rivers State Police Command for allegedly refusing to part with N100 gratification. Narrating his ordeal in the hands of the men of SARS, the driver said one of them, who had earrings on his ear, stopped his vehicle to a halt at about 5a.m., requesting for his vehicle papers and drivers licence. He said he gave the officer the papers. But the SARS man, who did not appear impressed that his papers were intact, abandoned him to chat with his colleagues. He said: “I pleaded with him that I was conveying copies of Vanguard newspapers meant for Port Harcourt metropolis for the day. This provoked the SARS man and the next thing I got was a slap. He was angry that I was not willing to part with bribe.” He said the SARS man’s colleague also joined in beating him. Showing Vanguard his battered face and injuries to his leg, Mr. Akezue said it was God’s grace that saved him, adding that the SARS personnel at a time even boasted that he would shoot him dead and nothing would happen. Akezue said the disturbing thing was that the man did not look like the normal responsible Policeman on the road. According to him, “he had ear rings on. If not for the rifle and that he was operating in front of the Police Station around the Emohua Junction with other personnel around, you would think you had fallen into the wrong hands. I still feel pains all over my body.

(1) (Reply)

Serving Corp Member In Abuja Needed As A Roommate / Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Spotted At Justin's Dad’s Wedding In Jamaica (pho / Eggs Business Is A Lucrative Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.