Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Avatar Sucks! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar Sucks! (5548 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
lex-luthor:

for me i thinks avatar and 2012 were both fairly cool movies in terms of overall animatix and delivery.the only down side to avatar i think is the sterotype saviour of the day tingy and poor punch.if you took out the audio in the movie and had only visuals to descern what the hell was going on,you would br bored a bit with all the blue colours smashing against your face.they din't have to leave the strong point of the story till the end.other than that i think its quite nice but would rather watch on hd @ home than pay a ssecond time to watch it.2012 was a better movie in terms of punch,dlivery,suspense and humour.please don't tell me you don't love this part. "quiet!!!;engine,start" and the bentley came alive.fantsatic;now that was thrilling.roland emerick got it right in 2012.so for all you avatar and 2012 haters,keeping watching osuofia and patience oh and keep your imagination levels bleak.lol.

its sad that people cant voice thier opinons without being berated.
For people NOT exposed to American movies ALL their lives, Avatar is "special"
You cant compare Nollywood and Hollywood, as a person USED to[b] American Movies AND TV,[/b] Nollywood and Hollywood are two different things and I enjoy them Both.

If we dont like then; to your peanut brain we are now haters.
If you are not satsisfied with the state Nollywood is in, do something about it.
The quiet , engine start is not a big deal! THEY have done dat on Bond movies loong time ago and even now Normal peoples cars are voicecontrolled.

obinna5000:

And "Avatar" is still performing very well in the U.S. & U.K. Box Offices. undecided $691 million in the U.S. alone and $2.47 billion worldwide so far. undecided

And again, Tobacco Companies make billions upon billions churning cancer sticks, does the amount of money made also means that its a good thing?
Use common sense and dont let $$$ cloud your judgement.

THE AMAKA:

RIP OFF of Pocahontas but x20
the movie was okay, but the color was annoying. gave me a headache.
even the 3D was crap. over-hyped.

u got a headache too?
I googled it and it seems a lot of people had severe headaches after watching Avatar.
Im just waiting for my class action lawsuit cool
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
@platinumnk
I'm suing you in court for comparing tobacco sales with movie sales. grin
I'm suing James McTeigue (director of Ninja Assassin) for making a movie with senseless action and stupid storyline. cheesy
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
obinna5000:

@platinumnk
I'm suing you in court for comparing tobacco sales with movie sales. grin

Its essentially the same thing.
You are buying a product.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by TrainedM: 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
I enjoyed watching Avatar. The technology somehow overshadowed the story line but it was really interesting and the cinema experience was fantastic
Re: Avatar Sucks! by dlox01(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
HONESTLY, AVATAR SUCKS MAKE I NO LIE, nothing special apart from special effects, its just an overhyped pocahontas in 3d. james camron had to advertise himself with Titanic, Terminator and other films he had made to make it sell. and people bought it coz hes been away for sometime,i think 12yrs or so. As for nigerians, thier own is simple(follow follow). WHAT WAS SO NICE ABOUT AVATAR, tell me somethin bout the story line that was off the hook??District 9'z storyline was better jor coupled with the fact it was low budget!!
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Kgdavid(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
THE AMAKA:

R[b]IP OFF of Pocahontas [/b]but x20
the movie was okay, but the color was annoying. gave me a headache.
even the 3D was crap. over-hyped.

shocked i said practically the same thing in my avatar thread. i'm so pissed about it. in fact while the movie was playin i was busy on NL
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
Na wa o! My previous post was deleted. Maybe because it was too long.

Well, read "The 6 secrets of Avatar's success" here: http://www.filmjunk.com/2010/02/03/pandoras-box-office-6-secrets-to-avatars-success/
Re: Avatar Sucks! by ritchboy(m): 12:54am On Feb 26, 2010
I still cant get my head round how blue nak£d half-witted creatures defeated next-gen missile launching humans with bows/arrows cheesy
Re: Avatar Sucks! by lexluthor2(m): 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
@ platinumnk: u din't just call me peanut brain now did you?Please push me:you don't want to get me started.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by paduskinosa: 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2010
your head dey shake !
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2010
lex-luthor:

@ platinumnk: u din't just call me peanut brain now did you?Please push me:you don't want to get me started.

Peanut Brain.

Now Please tell me what in your insiginficant life span do you have for me  grin grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2010
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2010
Is it because Osuofia is not there?
still cracks me up grin grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by chic2pimp(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2010
'@ POST

Absolutely.

Avatar to put it bluntly is basically 'Smurfs Riding Pidgeons'
A load of toash!!!!
A waste of Time, Money & Energy.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
@FL Gators
Leave the quote now. grin If Osuofia was in "Avatar", Platinumnk would still have serious headaches.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Chidimba: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
I dont think avatar makes sense. In the first place who wants to be an omaticayan! Its like choosing to turn fro a human being to a strange like creature that has tales and jumps round tree. Guys i will watch 2012 100 times again before i think of avatar
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2010
"2012" is not a fantastic movie. Its like every other desperate disaster movie like "Knowing" or "The Day After Tomorrow".
Re: Avatar Sucks! by denzel2009: 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2010
FL Gators:

still cracks me up grin grin

Me too grin grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
obinna5000:

@FL Gators
Leave the quote now. grin If Osuofia was in "Avatar", Platinumnk would still have serious headaches.
omo, just imagining osoufia in that movie cracks me up grin

denzel2009:

Me too grin grin
thanks for making my week jare grin grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Chidimba: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2010
then u need to see it again
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 12:10am On Feb 27, 2010
obinna5000:

@FL Gators

f u man grin grin

u people just like any thing that is handed to you from overseas tongue
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 27, 2010
platinumnk:

f u man grin grin

u people just like any thing that is handed to you from overseas tongue

You liked 300. . .is it because it was handed to you from overseas?
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 12:21am On Feb 27, 2010
michelin89:

You liked 300. . .is it because it was handed to you from overseas?

300 is a 2007 American action film adaptation of the graphic novel of the same name by Frank Miller, a fictionalized retelling of the Battle of Thermopylae.

it wasnt overseas grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 27, 2010
Because you dey dia abi? File jor. grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 12:24am On Feb 27, 2010
michelin89:

Because you dey dia abi? File jor. grin
abi today i am american grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 27, 2010
platinumnk:

abi today i am american grin

300 men with hot bodies are naturally preferred to some blue tailed unevolved humanoids. grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 12:34am On Feb 27, 2010
michelin89:

300 men with hot bodies are naturally preferred to some blue tailed unevolved humanoids. grin

stop reading my mind grin grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Chidimba: 12:36am On Feb 27, 2010
Common lets face it not because it was done in 3d and directed by james cameron the film really sucks! How would some body in the whole wide world prefer to leave being a human and becoming, whatever those blue things are and then fighting the humans. I love cameron films but this one, no chance
Re: Avatar Sucks! by lexluthor2(m): 10:11am On Feb 27, 2010
f***ing tart,berra shut ur pie hole up hear me
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2010
platinumnk:

it wasnt overseas grin

Very funny. grin
Don't you think the more we talk about how good or bad "Avatar" is, the more people will be interested in seeing the movie?
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Kgdavid(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^do we have a vendetta against the movie? let them watch it and see how crappy it is for themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazing Grace: Hollywood Snubs Nollywood / JA MYUNG Go(royal Princess)_fans Lets Talk Abou The Movie / Mike Ezuruonye In 'Bless Me' Movie (1 & 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.