Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Paul Pogba Praises New Signing, Insisting That It Will Help Bring Out His Best - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Pogba Praises New Signing, Insisting That It Will Help Bring Out His Best (391 Views)

Chelsea New Signing Gonzalo Higuain Trains Alone At Cobham (Photos) / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Praises New Signing, Insisting That It Will Help Bring Out His Best by kingist: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2017
Former Juventus player and France International, Paul Pogba has praised the influence of the new signing, Nemanja Matic, explaining that partnering with Matic allows him to bring out his best.

Ever since the Serbia international joined the Manchester team for reported £40 million from Chelsea, he has seem to influence the team style of play.

Pogba and Matic have since been paired in the central midfield ever since his arrival.

The first season performance of Pogba was not close to the £89.3m price tag placed on him, but he believes pairing with Matic will help him show more of his qualities.

"I am mostly an offensive player and I think more about attacking," he told ESPN. "But he [Matic] will be more defending.

"We can switch, but we match a lot and in those two games, I have been more forward and he has stayed back.

"That helps me more be myself. I still do the defensive part, but now I can go forward more and help the strikers. I like to be in front of the goals too. He helps me and I enjoy it, yes."

The starting two games of the team have shown the authority they command, which is making many to predict them as the team to win the premier league season after their last winning in 2012-13 season.

However, Pogba claims his team will not be self-satisfied, saying that there are no closest rivals to fear.

"I'm pleased and happy that we have started really well, but it is not finished yet. It is just the start of the season," he said.

"The biggest challengers? We are our own rivals and we think about ourselves first. But we don't have to be scared of anyone in the league because we know we are a strong team as well. We know we can do great this season.

"I hope [we can win the title]. Every team is strong, like when Leicester won it two years ago and nobody expected it, so you don't know what's going to happen.

"We started very well, but we can end up bad and we don't want this. We want to be focused from game to game."

Their next game will be a visit to 2015-16 champions Leicester City, the last season's game ended 4-1 in favour of Manchester United.

Be the first to receive News via Whatsapp broadcast, Add us +2349037601079 and say Hi.

Please Visit SOURCE for other news updates: www.kingsleyiwu.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Hot! 10 Odds Bet Now Time Is Running Out / Super Eagles Match Commentary Rating! / American Football Stars Kneel During National Anthem To Protest Against Donald T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.