Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 (45094 Views)

Manchester United Vs Nottingham Forest (3 - 2) On 26th August 2023 / Arsenal Vs Fulham (2 - 2) On 26th August 2023 / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Geestunnar(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Preview....

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Geestunnar(m): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
Manchester United's convincing start to the season has caught the imagination of many onlookers, and Jose Mourinho's side will be hoping to make it to the first corner of the Premier League course with a decent lead by adding Leicester City to their list of scalps on Saturday.
With an early international break to come, United have two 4-0 victories under their belts as Craig Shakespeare brings the Foxes to Old Trafford. And while nobody will ever forget the feats of Leicester under Claudio Ranieri in 2015-16, Mourinho's men have to be clear favourites to add another win and head for the week off sat pretty in top spot.
It has been classed by many as a soft start for United with West Ham, Swansea and Leicester the teams thrown in front of them in the opening weeks, but the magnificent form of Romelu Lukaku, Paul Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan et al suggests there is something more to their great early-season run than simply a kind fixture list.

MAN UTD INJURIES
Besides the two huge victories registered, there has been other good news for United on the treatment table since the season began.
Luke Shaw and Ashley Young made long-awaited comebacks from injury on Monday in the under-23 side's 1-1 draw with Swansea at Leigh Sports Village. Both played for 58 minutes and came through with flying colours, suggesting first-team returns could be close.
Shaw had been out since April with a foot ligament problem, while Young had been missing for a similar length of time due to a hamstring problem.
Marcos Rojo is due out until the end of the year with an ACL knee injury, although he is now back in light training alongside the first team so could step up his rehabilitation in the coming weeks.

MAN UTD SUSPENSIONS
While Phil Jones and Eric Bailly each have one more match to serve of their respective European suspensions, United will not have anyone suspended for this league encounter.

MAN UTD POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP
Jose Mourinho could quite easily send out an unchanged side for the third game running after the magnificent start to his side's Premier League season.
Anthony Martial's form off the bench is perhaps the biggest barrier to that taking place, although the manager insisted it is not difficult to continue leaving out the Frenchman given the way the rest of the squad is playing. "No, we are using him well and he is coming with the right attitude," said Mourinho after the win at Swansea. "We had a conversation about the future he has here and I think he has a good connection on the pitch with Paul and Romelu and he is coming in confident for period of 20 minutes and has scored two goals."
Marcus Rashford could start again on Saturday, while Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award winner Ander Herrera might have to wait once more for his first league start of the campaign due to the form of Nemanja Matic in the heart of midfield and the success of the 4-2-3-1 shape so far.
At the back, Victor Lindelof will continue to bide his time as Mourinho looks to ease him in to the English football environment.

LEICESTER TEAM NEWS
After seeing off Brighton 2-0 at the King Power on Saturday with an unchanged side, Craig Shakespeare's men hammered Sheffield United 4-1 in the League Cup in midweek with a starting lineup showing eight alterations.
Islam Slimani, Demarai Gray and Ahmed Musa were all in scoring form at Bramall Lane as they look to make an impression on the league side, but Shakespeare could well revert back to the XI which beat the Seagulls having previously pushed Arsenal all the way at the Emirates on opening night.
Danny Drinkwater is back in training after missing the start of the season with a thigh injury, while Kelechi Iheanacho is in contention once more after a toe problem. Vicente Iborra could stake a claim following a groin issue, and Wes Morgan is likely to shake off a back injury in time to make the trip to Old Trafford.
Two-goal front man Jamie Vardy picked up an ankle knock in the win against Brighton but has trained all week and should be available to start against United.

BEST OPTA MATCH FACTS
Manchester United have lost just two of their 22 Premier League meetings with Leicester City and only one of these came at Old Trafford: 0-1 in January 1998.
Leicester City have scored in all but one of their 15 Premier League matches under Craig Shakespeare and striker Jamie Vardy has scored in eight of these games.
Manchester United, who have won their opening two Premier League games by a four-goal margin, haven’t won three consecutive league games by such a margin or greater since October 1907.
Romelu Lukaku will be looking to become the first Manchester United player to score in each of their opening three Premier League appearances for the club.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has already registered four assists in two Premier League games this season, three more than he managed in the whole of last season; the Armenian midfielder could become the first player in Premier League history to assist two goals in three consecutive games if he does it again versus Leicester.
Craig Shakespeare will be the 75 th different manager that Jose Mourinho has faced in the Premier League. The Portuguese has won at least one game against 62 of the previous 74.

TV COVERAGE & KICK-OFF TIME
The match is being televised live on BT Sport 1 in the UK and kicks off at 17:30BST.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/amp/news/man-utd-team-news-injuries-suspensions-and-line-up-vs/qynujk8i35he16fblp3h9bztv

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Geestunnar(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2017
Manchester United News:

United boss Jose Mourinho may opt to retain the same starting XI again for the Premier League home clash with Leicester.
If Mourinho is to make any adjustment to his team after seeing the Reds win their opening two league matches of the season 4-0, it
may be bringing in Anthony Martial, who has come off the bench to scored in both games.
Luke Shaw and Ashley Young stepped up their recoveries from injury by playing for the Under-23s this week but are not expected to be involved in the contest this weekend, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who re-signed for United on a one-year deal on Thursday, and Marcos Rojo remain sidelined by their knee problems.

Provisional squad
De Gea, Romero, Jones, Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof, Valencia, Blind, Darmian, Matic, Pogba, Fellaini, Herrera, Carrick, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Lukaku.

Leicester City News:

INJURIES
After an injury-hit start to the season, Leicester are hopeful that a number of first-team players will be fit enough to make the matchday squad at Old Trafford.
Danny Drinkwater and Robert Huth have returned to full training while Papy Mendy made his first appearance of the campaign off the bench against Sheffield United.
Summer signing Vicente Iborra is also closing in on a return while Jamie Vardy will be fit to start despite limping off late on against Brighton last time out in the Premier League.
The main injury concern for Shakespeare is that of Kelechi Iheanacho, with the new signing from Manchester City struggling with a toe injury.

POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP
Despite Drinkwater coming into contention, Shakespeare is unlikely to change the team that performed admirably against Arsenal before beating Brighton.
Matty James will again partner Wilfred Ndidi in midfield while Harry Maguire's impressive start to the season means he and Wes Morgan will line up at the heart of the Foxes defence.
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Chikelue2000(m): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2017
just here for Fastgyal, wish man u d best
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by mokoshalb(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2017
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
And today is another day for Manchester United to grab another 3 points.
We won't just "obtain" the 3points, we will first beat the devil outta Leicester City, tear off their clothes, RÆP them in both "holes" before disecting them.
To you all bet9ja and NairaBet lovers, Man U is a sure win, I just gave ya a hint!!!
It's 5:30pm. You dare not miss to watch it!!!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Hier(m): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
MrPresident1:

Psalm 105:2-4

2 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
4 Seek the Lord, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Psalm

Chapter 22

KJV:My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

KJV:O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

KJV:But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

KJV:Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

KJV:They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

KJV:But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

KJV:All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

KJV:He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

KJV:But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

KJV:I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

KJV:Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

KJV:Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

KJV:They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

KJV:I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

KJV:My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

KJV:For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

KJV:I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

KJV:They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

KJV:But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

KJV:Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

KJV:Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

KJV:I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

KJV:Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

KJV:For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

KJV:My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

KJV:The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

KJV:All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

KJV:For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

KJV:All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

KJV:A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

KJV:They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by SadSongz: 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
cool
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by arsenic33(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
Draw.. Like hydraulic soup
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by BornnAgainChild(f): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
Go Leicester...Go Leicester

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by IgbotiicGirL(f): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leicester city go win

Team ihenacho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Go boys, goooooooooo!!!

Ggmu

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
like or share if u support man u. Anyi nwe egwu aa ..ebu m ji na okpa.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by edeXede: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
embarassed

Gaychester united.

Hope those people won't spoil my ticket.

Good to be back after one week ban.

For the mod that ban me I say Danborubar. Shege.

YNWA

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by unitysheart(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Go go reds
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Philinho(m): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
May Vardy fall on Man U with goaaaalsz

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by bonechamberlain(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
man city would go back to the position they truly belong to after this match. winning with a fraudulent officiating. angry ..

Leicester better put 8 defenders to prevent too much goals.
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by mosegifted: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
For ever RED
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Edopesin: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
This match na draw ooooo.. Leicester city go hold them down cool

you don play bet9ja abi
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by tosyne2much(m): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
This match na draw ooooo.. Leicester city go hold them down cool
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Hakeem12(m): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
IgbotiicGirL:
Leicester city go win

Team ihenacho
winners chapel no.
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by tosyne2much(m): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed
Gaychester united.
Hope those people won't spoil my ticket.
Good to be back after one week ban.
For the mod that ban me I say Danborubar. Shege.
YNWA
Wetin you carry dem? Straight win?
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Zeze06(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
2:0 ManU to win..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by nattyjay(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
S
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by fran6co(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
and 1. .

sure game

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by peacemara54(m): 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
Check my signature
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Quality20(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
laicester shd try n sell musa - three Nija players in one team is too much, after all hull and one Turkish club want him
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by HARDDON: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
Here we go again!

N blood Still Rolla Royal Red
Ggmu!
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by osemoses1234(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
4 1
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by Hier(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Go Leicester...Go Leicester

nice moniker, permission to ask. Do you do this

Acts 6:4
KJV:But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by SalomonKane: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
GGMU!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 by bessel10(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Up united

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs West Ham (4 - 0) On 13th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (3 - 2) On 24th January 2021 / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.