Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again (1650 Views)

Nigeria Is On The Verge Of Break-up.-- Prof. Banji Akintoye Message To Nigerians / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" / We'll Go With Igbos If Nigeria Breaks Up - Prof. Dakum, Plateau Elder Statesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by Freegift75: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2017
Prof. Wole Soyinka says :
'WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?
WAKE UP NIGERIAN YOUTHS!'~~~
"Awolowo was 37 years,
Akintola 36,
Ahmadu Bello 36,
Balewa 34,
Okotie-Eboh 27
and Enahoro 27
And they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time!
In 1966, the first military coup was led by K
Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by
M.Mohammed 28,
T. Danjuma 28,
I. Babangida 25,
J. Garba 23,
Sani Abacha 23,
and M. Yar'adua 23,
And brought into power
Y. Gowon 32,
Ojukwu 33,
Obasanjo 29,
And Buhari 24!
Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were under 30 years.
Also, the brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators and members of the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by persons under 30!
Under 30's were also not in short supply with
appointments - we have examples of
MT Mbu who became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23
and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at 27
And so on and so forth!
NOW: Why is it that almost all this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3-seater chairs in their parents’ homes?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still
collecting pocket money from their parents?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB?
Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sagg' their trousers?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still
searching for jobs and not yet married?
Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties?
Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?
Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself?
Why is it that this age bracket is today barred from even aspiring to certain political offices?
Why is it that this age bracket is today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions?
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!"
From Prof Wole Soyinka.
This is real Food for Thought!
FORWARDED AS RECEIVED

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjS1oa2x-_VAhXFh7QKHTa6DGoQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.36ng.ng%2Ftag%2Fwole-soyinka%2F&psig=AFQjCNEHBnMnPtTaxsfnBELaW64HUiguaA&ust=1503653359088455

Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by BreezyCB(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by obamabinladen(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2017
Soyinka is a coward, he's part of the numerous problems of the youths today in Nigeria after introducing them to cultism.

1 Like

Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by Paperwhite(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2017
So this "dollo" prof.knows that there are youths but still go ahead to front a dead Buhari on the hapless citizens of this nation
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by omoharry(f): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2017
obamabinladen:
Soyinka is a coward, he's part of the numerous problems of the youths today in Nigeria after introducing them to cultism.
how has that got to do with the topic at hand..na so una take dey fail exam..instead of digesting the messages being passed across you are busy abusing the messenger..Nigerian syndrome
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by Paperwhite(m): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2017
omoharry:
how has that got to do with the topic at hand..na so una take dey fail exam..instead of digesting the messages being passed across you are busy abusing the messenger..Nigerian syndrome
Are you in the know that Soyinka who one of the pioneer member of the first student cult that later turned secret and evil @ the Univ.of Ibadan? Stop showing your ignorance.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2017
U forgot about the youths when u were rooting for Buhari. So what happened now? Did u just wake up? Some people can't do without bn hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2017
U forgot about the youths when u were rooting for Buhari. So what happened now? Did u just wine up? Some people can't do without bn hypocritical.
U forgot about the youths when u were rooting for Buhari. So what happened now? Did u just wake up? Some people can't do without bn hypocritical.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by obamabinladen(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2017
omoharry:

What did they say concerning those that wants to go to Equity?.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by omoharry(f): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2017
Paperwhite:
Are you in the know that Soyinka who one of the pioneer member of the first student cult that later turned secret and evil @ the Univ.of Ibadan? Stop showing your ignorance.
I know the messenger is without blemishes..but is he saying the truth or not? are the Nigerian youth in recent time not docile and mentally lazy? the truth is bitter but its the fact.

1 Like

Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by thundafire: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2017
Pple dat lied to remove a legitimate and young government to bring lies and propaganda government of old and useless pple

1 Like

Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=thundafire post=59779744]Pple dat lied to remove a legitimate and young government to bring lies and propaganda government of old and useless pple[/quote. Just imagining how people tend to swallow their vomilt. They all conspired against a young President due to hatred Nd he is just waking up to realize his mistakes. He should apologize to the youth first.Hypocrite like him.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by abimbolayekeen: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
True talk , we will adjust .
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by yhemster(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
I've always ask myself this question. Unfortunately, very few percentage of the Africa youth are self awakened. So, I'll definitely use the "blame-game". I always hear this saying "train up a child the way he should go....." But the Youths didn't get the training they needed for the task ahead. Is it a coincidence or a master plan? I can't answer that. The society neglected the young ones then, focused on shortterm personal gains. Let's take for example the educational system, larger percentage of the young ones weren't trained properly. They don't have enough/correct understanding of the society we found ourselves. The past histories were buried or edited, the current issues are always lied about and the future goals aren't concrete and precise but confusing, that we don't really know what we want to become.
The British trained and prepared the "then youth" for the task ahead. And they did hand over power to rule the country to the hands of the youth. But the youth failed terribly to replicate what the British did. They tasted power and suddenly became clingy and self-centred. Suddenly, African leaders all wanted to live like the Kings and Queens of Europe. They all want to stay in power till death and then handover to thier kids and siblings.
Seeing all these happenings around the continent, the youth of nowadays are lost their sense of patriotism as they see public properties becoming privately owned by the so called leaders in broad daylight. The youth nowadays have decided to fight for themselves at the detriment of others. An average African man feels fulfilled and successful when he's enjoying the third meal of the day while his neighbour is still struggling to have the first meal. The "most successful man in a typical African town isn't the biggest employer of labour in the town but it's the one with the biggest houses, garage full of exotic cars etc. This is very wrong on many levels, (socially, religiously, psychologically etc.)
***The harsh truth of today is that the current youth have different priorities, they just want to acquire stable income for themselves and family, nothing else.

I'll stop here.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by madone: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
WHEN EVER I HEAR THEM TALK ABOUT YOUTH WAKING UP TO FACE RESPONSIBILITIES I ALWAYS SAY WHAT IS THIS SH..IT THEM TALKING ABOUT.POSTING THOSE PEOPLE WITH THEIR AGE AND TELLING US SHIT.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by Afolak(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=JONNYSPUTE post=59780032][/quote]
Young but corrupt Government.
U better wake up from ur sleep.
Re: WAKE-UP: Prof Wole Soyinka Blasts Nigerian Youth Again by LordKO(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
The major difference between then and now is that; while then it was intelligence over brawn and money now it's brawn and money over intelligence. Yet, this my generation can still do better - so, personally I have every reason to feel ashamed of my generation.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

‎jonathan Wasn’t Desperate For Power, But Unprepared For Leadership -saraki / It Is Shameful, See Disgraceful Message Northern Elders Gave To Atiku Before Sti / Updates About NDA Cadets That Absconded From The Academy .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.