Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission (22573 Views)

UNN 2018/2019 Departmental Cutoff Mark Is Out!! / 2017/2018 MAUTECH Formerly Known As FUTY Post-utme Form Is Out. Cut Mark Is 180 / EBSU 2017/2018 Post-UTME Application Form Is Out, Cut-Off Mark Is 160 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by samtin(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
I just know that Nigerian educational system is doomed. For goodness sake how can cut-off mark be set to 120. Is this how dull this generation has become? or how worse our educational bodies have become? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Cloud007: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
MurderEnglish:
jamb is trickish. After I write jamb four times. I just conclud and Sayed that the are playing us from behind.
Forget English , ipass my physics and chemistry and mathematics correctly. I am not an English speaking person but I peep from another person yet still failed one time. The rest I pass but no money for univacity. It will not pained ne again.

If you score above 120..hmm, goAn be reading hard o, for every other exam that will come. Nigeria is now being good evening if no body will agree with me. But it is becoming good.

Knowledge is what you know after forgetting what you learnt.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by BrAkingNews: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Go for www.ijmb.net.ng if you are wondering
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by ajadematanle: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
I am very disappointed with Olorode,the JAMB registrar.He used to be someone I held in high esteem because of his roles as VC university of Ilorin.I'm an Alumni and appreciated his transformation and standard he set during his reigns.I was excited in all his reform as registrar of Jamb but he has disappointed me with this 120 cut off mark.I could see he wanted to satisfy his fellows colleagues in the university and at same time pleases the northern elites and people that recommended him for the position.In one of the reasons for the 120 cut off mark.He said one third got above 200 mark.This clearly shows if 180 is adopted most of the northern universities would not up to 10% admission from their catchment areas.But why I'm annoyed is that he just wanted students to be ripped off paying post jamb fee of N2000 knowing fully well that most grade A university like Unilag,Ife and Ibadan would set their cut off not less than 200 after they must have collected N2000 post jamb fee.So the universities should come out with their cut off mark first before the post jamb examination comes up.Therefore, it would be left for the intending students decides whether there interested or not

1 Like

Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by geebehn(m): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dollarship:
Please can somebody teach me how to die
sad angry

Insert your neck here grin

2 Likes

Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Tman104(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
okasebe:
No University in the South west will admit students with 120
Am thinking so!
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Horladipupo0505: 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Its is all abt moni
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Stevengerd(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
anykey:
we are even thinking the same thing sef

i am tired of fainting o, my friend, a slay queen just told me that the white part of the eyes is the albumen.
Whr dat ur frnd deh?
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by RIPEnglish: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
Narldon:

RIPEngl.ish and co..

This might benefit you

grin
angry
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by daraghdave: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Punctual:
Jamb has set its cut-off mark but universities have not set theirs and they won't release their cut-off mark until after conducting their post-utme or screening.
The line I quoted above is not correct! The schools will first fix their base cut-off mark, only those who met that cut-off mark can write their post UTME. For instance, whilst jamb base cutoff mark had always remained at 180, UNIBEN, UI, OAU etc only invites candidates who scored 200 and above in JAMB to register for post Utme. So if you have 170 for instance, no hope of writing post UME. However, I believe private universities and some state universities will benefit more from this reduction, since they'll have more candidates trooping in. Which means, many candidates will buy change of institution form, thereby further enriching JAMB.
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by godswillzeky(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Yeah.
But you could read the full post SCHOOLBLOG
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by lamzy97: 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
MurderEnglish:
jamb is trickish. After I write jamb four times. I just conclud and Sayed that the are playing us from behind.
Forget English , ipass my physics and chemistry and mathematics correctly. I am not an English speaking person but I peep from another person yet still failed one time. The rest I pass but no money for univacity. It will not pained ne again.

If you score above 120..hmm, goAn be reading hard o, for every other exam that will come. Nigeria is now being good evening if no body will agree with me. But it is becoming good.

Knowledge is what you know after forgetting what you learnt.
mr man check what you typed again
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by samuel900(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2017

It's a fraud, way of extorting the poor. later Oloyede will remit N100B to FG account

Punctual:
Concerning the latest upgrade in jamb, i mean the decrease in the cut-off marks has been the most discussed topic recently among parents and students(especially undergraduates).i know some people are really happy about this(those who didn't make the ''used to know'' cut-off mark which is 180) am also happy for you guys

well,i believe this is an opportunity for you ,those whose jamb score is roaming between 120-160.yes! Jamb has set its cut-off mark but universities have not set theirs and they won't release their cut-off mark until after conducting their post-utme or screening.so what's the fate of those students who scored less than 160 in utme and won't be admitted just because they didn't meet the cut-off mark?.......then you are TRAPPED! No going back,you just have to spend another year at home.

The aim of this post is to reduce the time wasted by students at home,just because they didn't gain admission into university some will decide to stay at home and keep on hoping to be admitted the following year.if University didn't admit you,try POLYTECHNIC am pretty sure they won't reject you.

So my dear nairalanders whose jamb score is not encouraging,i implore you to be wise in going for the right thing.some will say they know someone who can help them but the fact is nobody help u when ur score is low,they only help those who are close to the standard set by the school.my advice is just for you to go for planB(polytechnic).
120 cut-off mark is just an opportunity to lure students in order to waste their time and money....am not saying u shouldn't obtain post-utme for UNI,there's nothing impossible though but there's something impossible in Nigeria and that is gaining admission into university with jamb score below 160.
BE WISE!...

Pardon my blunders i cant but make it cool

thanks
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Punctual(m): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
daraghdave:
The line I quoted above is not correct! The schools will first fix their base cut-off mark, only those who met that cut-off mark can write their post UTME. For instance, whilst jamb base cutoff mark had always remained at 180, UNIBEN, UI, OAU etc only invites candidates who scored 200 and above in JAMB to register for post Utme. So if you have 170 for instance, no hope of writing post UME. However, I believe private universities and some state universities will benefit more from this reduction, since they'll have more candidates trooping in. Which means, many candidates will buy change of institution form, thereby further enriching JAMB.

I'm not talking about the base cut-off mark,I'm talking about the final cut-off(the one used to admit students into their various depts).take for instance,the cut-off mark for a school is 150,those who score 150,160,170,180 will go for the post-utme and later on the school will place medicine cut-off to 80% so tell me how can u make 80 with those scores? Those people know what they are doing bro,they are just wasting people's time.
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Kellyrichp: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
Post-UTME Another problem, I think there is no need to reduce cut-off mark 120 and 100, after all this favour, a second chance to failure. No Na.
Re: 120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission by Topmaike007(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
any body dat decide to sit at home because of low cut off mark z doing his or herself,what z d guarranty dat next year will be good,every year jamb keep on getting worse.

my 1cent advise to anyone below 180 to enter somewhere be it poly,college or monotecnic.
no knowledge or certificate is a waste,dat certificate u av 2day might put food on ur table 2moro,thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Parents Pay For Their Kids To Learn British Accent / Unizik Student Drowns While Celebrating Birthday. / WAEC Reveals Date For Release Of 2017 May/june Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.