Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. (5217 Views)

You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. / 10 Ways To Use OTG On Android / Help My Tecno L9 Plus Is Not Charging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
Please help I have been trying to use the OTG cable on my tecno l9 plus but not working despite the fact that the phone came with the cable. The phone can't see any device after trying es explorer/stickmount as recommended by some people.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by percyshelu(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
check the USB u use
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
GO TO DEVELOPER OPTION AND SEARCH FOR USB FUNCTION THEN CHOOSE MTP.....IF UA CONNECTING WITH TWO PHONE AND NOT MODEM THEN ALSO SELECT MTP OR INBUILT STORAGE OR CUSTOM ROM IN THE PHONE UA CONNECTING TO UR L9+
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
ezenwajosh:
GO TO DEVELOPER OPTION AND SEARCH FOR USB FUNCTION THEN CHOOSE MTP.....IF UA CONNECTING WITH TWO PHONE AND NOT MODEM THEN ALSO SELECT MTP OR INBUILT STORAGE OR CUSTOM ROM IN THE PHONE UA CONNECTING TO UR L9+
please where is developer option on the phone?
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
steryj:
please help!
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
percyshelu:
check the USB u use
It's a new device. I don't think anything is wrong with it.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by Emagha(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
steryj:

In settings
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
Emagha:

In settings
yeah I did it but still not working.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Emagha:

In settings
someone suggests I take it to carlcare.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
steryj:

SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONEscroll down to built number TAP THAT BUILD NUMBER UP TO 5CONSECUTIVE TIMES AND DEVELOPER OPTION WILL BE ADDED AUTOMATICALLY AHEAD OF THE ABOUT PHONE....THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE UPTION NAMED (SELECT USB CONFIGURATION) AND SELECT MTP.....SINCE U WANT TRANSFER OR VIEW THE DEVICE STORAGE U ATTACHED TO UR PHONE VIA USB BE IT MODEM OR ANOTHER ANDROID PHONE MTP MEANS MULTIMEDIA TRANSFER PROTOCOL THOUGH IT MIGHT NOT BE RELEVANT FOR U KNOWING THE FULL MEANING....THEN IF U WANT TO USE UR CONNECTED MODEM TO BROWSE WITH UR PHONE JUST A LAPTOP DOES THE U WILL HAVE TO SELECT (ETHERNET) FROM THAT SAME OPTION BUT IF ITS FOR MEDIA TRANSFER LIKE ( MOVIES, GAME FILES, MUSIC AND PICTURES) THEN SELECT MTP
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2017
ezenwajosh:

SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONEscroll down to built number TAP THAT BUILD NUMBER UP TO 5CONSECUTIVE TIMES AND DEVELOPER OPTION WILL BE ADDED AUTOMATICALLY AHEAD OF THE ABOUT PHONE....THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE UPTION NAMED (SELECT USB CONFIGURATION) AND SELECT MTP.....SINCE U WANT TRANSFER OR VIEW THE DEVICE STORAGE U ATTACHED TO UR PHONE VIA USB BE IT MODEM OR ANOTHER ANDROID PHONE MTP MEANS MULTIMEDIA TRANSFER PROTOCOL THOUGH IT MIGHT NOT BE RELEVANT FOR U KNOWING THE FULL MEANING....THEN IF U WANT TO USE UR CONNECTED MODEM TO BROWSE WITH UR PHONE JUST A LAPTOP DOES THE U WILL HAVE TO SELECT (ETHERNET) FROM THAT SAME OPTION BUT IF ITS FOR MEDIA TRANSFER LIKE ( MOVIES, GAME FILES, MUSIC AND PICTURES) THEN SELECT MTP
Thanks a lot. I already done all this yet the phone couldn't display my device. It would only only display indicator light on the device connected to the sub without any action. Nothing is working!
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
steryj:
Thanks a lot. I already done all this yet the phone couldn't display my device. It would only only display indicator light on the device connected to the sub without any action. Nothing is working!

Then the OTG CABLE IS FOR CHARGING ONLY....BUY ANOTHER CABLE THAT READS MEDIA....THE FIRST OTG I HAD ONLY CHARGE PHONE THEN I NOTICED AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE THAT CHARGES AND READ DATA AS WELL
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2017
ezenwajosh:

Then the OTG CABLE IS FOR CHARGING ONLY....BUY ANOTHER CABLE THAT READS MEDIA....THE FIRST OTG I HAD ONLY CHARGE PHONE THEN I NOTICED AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE THAT CHARGES AND READ DATA AS WELL
And it works on some people's l9 plus. Really disappointed tho.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2017
ezenwajosh:

At last it's working now. Thanks a lot.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by adobuz(f): 7:14am On Sep 08, 2017
steryj:
Please help I have been trying to use the OTG cable on my tecno l9 plus but not working despite the fact that the phone came with the cable. The phone can't see any device after trying es explorer/stickmount as recommended by some people.

Op, how is the battery life of the phone? On heavy usage
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2017
adobuz:

oh, my phone battery life is superb.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2017
adobuz:

On a full charge, you can't sit down nonstop and use up 50% without you continue to see stars or your vision becomes blur grin
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2017
steryj:
On a full charge, you can't sit down nonstop and use up 50% without you continue to see stars or your vision becomes blur grin
I have tried to play asphalt 8 nonstop with the hope of at least exhausting 50%. But had to quit after 5 hours until I almost had a click in my neck due to stiffnessgrin Though I managed to achieve my goal.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by ausproxi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
steryj:

How did u make it work? Mine keep coming on and off, it will see the other device for a sec and off again, see it and off again. is it the cable problem? The cable comes with the phone
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
ausproxi:

How did u make it work? Mine keep coming on and off, it will see the other device for a sec and off again, see it and off again. is it the cable problem? The cable comes with the phone
I made some clicks in developer option.
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by ausproxi(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2018
steryj:
I made some clicks in developer option.

What are the clicks please??
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by Vecto(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2018
steryj:

Just bought mine and I'm experiencing the same issue here. Please how did you fix yours?
Re: Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. by steryj(m): 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
Vecto:

Just bought mine and I'm experiencing the same issue here. Please how did you fix yours?
go to developer option

(1) (Reply)

Leagoo T5C Discussion Thread / How To Successfully Delete Read Only Contact From Your Phone / MTN Launches New Offer Tagged "Awuf4u" That Gives 400% Airtime Bonus On Recharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.