Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Google Play Protect - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Play Protect (317 Views)

Help My Huawei Y9 Is Not A Play Protect Certified Device / The Big Secret Behind Google Play Protect On Android / How To Fix Blocked By Play Protect Error On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google Play Protect by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
One component of Google Play Protect is a new antivirus hub that shows which apps have been scanned for malware. Verify Apps, the feature on Android Phones that protects against malware, exploits, and other viruses in real time, shows which apps have been recently scanned in a carousel menu, and when the most recent scan was completed. This feature was recently enabled — so you can head to the “Updates” section of Google Play to check it out now. On top of that, you’ll see a new Protect menu item in the Google Play Store, from which you can do things like see a list of recently scanned apps or disable devices scanning.

Another is Find My Device, a rebrand of Google’s location-tracking Android Device Manager.

The new Find My Device app, just like Android Device Manager before it, lets you easily locate, lock, and erase an Android device associated with your Google account. That same support extends to smartwatches powered by Android Wear.

Find My Device puts your devices front and center. Once you sign in with your Google credentials, you will see your phones, smartwatches, and tablets represented by icons at the top, which replace the old app’s drop-down menu. Tapping a device pulls up options to sound an audible alarm, lock it, or factory reset it. You will also see its current Wi-Fi status and battery life, as well as its rough geographic location on a Google Maps screen.

If your device doesn’t have a lock screen, Find My Device lets you enter a password you can use to unlock it when you find it. Alternatively, you can add a message or phone number where a good Samaritan can reach you if they find it.

Google Play Protect is the latest in Google’s wide-ranging effort to improve Android security.
Google play protect may hinder rooting in future, and you don't need another antivirus, if you do nt side load outside playstore.
How to activate
1 Tap your google settings app
2 Tap Security from drop down items
3 Locate Google play protect and then enable it

Google Play Protect is the latest in Google’s wide-ranging effort to improve Android security.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix - Pc Connect / Nigerian Internet Users Hit 98.3 Million In December / 10 Benefits Of Bluetooth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.