Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows (832 Views)

Scotland Conquered By Allahu Akbar - Pictures / Somali Knifeman Screamed Allah-Akbar & Chased Residents With A Knife (Video) / Knifeman Yelling 'allahu Akbar' Shot Dead After Killing Two In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by bonechamberlain(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
The Mayor of Venice has warned that shouting "Allahu Akbar" in the Italian city will get you shot, prompting the Mayor of Florence to shout the Islamic phrase as a joke.

The Venetian mayor, Luigi Brugnaro, made the comments during a conference of mayors in the city of Rimini on the Adriatic coast.
“If someone shouts Allahu Akbar while running through St Mark's Square, we'll shoot them. A year ago, I said after four steps, now I’m saying after three,” Brugnaro said, according to Corriere Della Sera.

“We arrested four terrorists in Venice who wanted to blow up the Rialto Bridge. But we will send them directly to Allah without having to do any harm before,” Brugnaro continued, referring to a foiled terror plot in March of this year.

“Unlike in Barcelona, where they did not have the protections, we keep our guard high. We do not challenge anyone. We are sending a message of support to the police forces who must know that we are on their side.”

Following the debate Mayor of Florence Dario Nardella, burst into a room yelling “Allahu Akbar,” prompting chuckles from Brugnaro and other assembled delegates.

The comment was caught on camera and quickly became widespread in Italian media. Nardella was widely criticized, particularly as the joke came in the aftermath of the terror attack in Barcelona.

The Florentine mayor made a statement on Facebook apologizing for his actions.
“I apologize for some expressions in an online video. It was not my intention to offend anyone, not least the Muslim community, nor to joke about its religion, nor to evoke the tragic events of these days.”
Nardella also distanced himself from Brugnaro’s statement.

Business man Brugnaro, who took office in 2015, seems to revel in his “non-politically correct” image.
He previously attracted controversy for banning 49 books about discrimination and homosexuality from Venetian schools and he also tried to ban the city’s gay pride parade.

https://www.rt.com/viral/400773-venice-mayor-allahu-akbar-shoot/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by oz4real83(m): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
I admire his gut and truthfulness. Desperate times,desperate measures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by bonechamberlain(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
oz4real83:
I admire his gut and truthfulness. Desperate times,desperate measures.
well said.

1 Like

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by bonechamberlain(m): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
but if trump makes this kind of statement, the entire media in the planet would wail and spread the trump anti Muslim rhetorics. just like you said desperate times, desperate measures.
Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by Juliette05(f): 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
But but they are a religion of peace
Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by Blizzy9ja: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
Juliette05:
piss indeed

1 Like

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by TheFreeOne: 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
Love his non-politically correct proactiveness.

Shoot them dead before they cause harm to others.

Same treatment needs to be given to BH terrorists.

1 Like

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
Juliette05:

Well a certain Bissonnette shouted Allah Akbar before shooting Muslims in a Quebec Mosque and he is a Christian
Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by bonechamberlain(m): 11:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
ollah1:

Well a certain Bissonnette shouted Allah Akbar before shooting Muslims in a Quebec Mosque and he is a Christian
he probably wanted them to feel how others feel when they are killed by Islamic extremist. too bad.

4 Likes

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 25, 2017
bonechamberlain:
he probably wanted them to feel how others feel when they are killed by Islamic extremist. too bad.

As usual, fine-tuning things when a Christian terrorist commits terrorist acts.
Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by BAILMONEY: 3:33am On Aug 25, 2017
ollah1:

STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF ONLINE MY FRIENDangry IM NOT GONNA TAKE YOU SERIOUS UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHY YORUBA MUSLIM WOMEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MARRY YORUBA CHRISTIAN MENangry

1 Like

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by bonechamberlain(m): 7:03am On Aug 25, 2017
ollah1:

As usual, fine-tuning things when a Christian terrorist commits terrorist acts.
fine tuning, or the fact. remember he didn't shout in the name of Jesus, he used the same words Muslim extremists use to destroy others, meaning its deliberate, not based on his religious beliefs. I don't understand why people praise Allah before killing.

5 Likes

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2017
bonechamberlain:
fine tuning, or the fact. remember he didn't shout in the name of Jesus, he used the same words Muslim extremists use to destroy others, meaning its deliberate, not based on his religious beliefs. I don't understand why people praise Allah before killing.

The question is, why did he shout Allah Akbar before the incident?
Why did he do that in a Mosque? Why did he when Muslims were worshipping ? If hailed from a Muslim populated country or has an Arab name, he would have been called a Muslim.

They are simply deluded and psychopathic
Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by walemoney007(m): 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
ollah1:

The question is, why did he shout Allah Akbar before the incident?
Why did he do that in a Mosque? Why did he when Muslims were worshipping ? If hailed from a Muslim populated country or has an Arab name, he would have been called a Muslim.

They are simply deluded and psychopathic
Mr man majority of the terrorist around the world are Muslims, is it Christians that killed people in Barcelona and Finland.Islam is my disastrous than Christians

2 Likes

Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
walemoney007:
Mr man majority of the terrorist around the world are Muslims, is it Christians that killed people in Barcelona and Finland.Islam is my disastrous than Christians

How does this correlate with my comment? Does this answer the questions asked ?;
Re: ‘shout Allahu Akbar In Venice & We’ll Shoot You Within 3 Steps,’ Mayor Vows by FoolishBoy419: 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
bonechamberlain:

Christians are the most hypocritical beings on earth. That's why I am now an atheist. how can you justify terrorism just because the perpetrator is a Muslim?

(1) (Reply)

The First Britons Were Black, Natural History Museum DNA Study Reveals / Napoleon And Hitler: Unbelievable Coincidences / Gabon 's Miserable regime Decriminalises Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.