Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

A Size 14 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Size 14 (40967 Views)

For Sale- An Orange Strapless Embroded Gown Size 14 / I Am Becoming A Size 12 / ~ Challenging Sterotype Size 10 Mannequins For Size 14 Mannequins ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Size 14 by clans(f): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2010
am a size 14, is dat okey and wats d largest dress size, am also scared 2 put on trousers cause am afraid dey make mi lok shorter so i go 4 three quaters jeans wit dress tops dat dont cling to my body, cause i dont like my stomach, help mi ooh am losing my self esteam, thanks, pics of dress wld b appreciated
Re: A Size 14 by iice(f): 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
3/4 trousers will make you look short, coz it cuts your length.
Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
I don't think size 14 is huge at all. It's not even plus size. (There's size 30 and beyond sef) Chill out! Baggy clothes will usually make you look bigger. Yes you can wear full-length trousers. I've never heard that trousers made anyone look short. Skinny jeans and cropped (ankle) trousers will make your legs look shorter unless you have thin legs or wear super high heels. How tall are you? What's your figure like? Is it hour glass? Or are you bigger in the hips? or in the chest? All those kinds of things will determine what you can wear.

About the self-esteem: I know how it is to have body issues and/or feel self-conscious about your figure. You're not alone in that. Most people to a certain extent are self conscious about weight or some aspect of their bodies. But look at it this way, 1.) at least your body's working-you can see, hear, walk, talk etc; 2.) your body size is something you can change if you wanted- people with nasty attitudes (the types who make nasty comments) usually stay that way forever (i.e. it's what's on the inside that counts, the outside is changeable); 3.) there will ALWAYS be someone fatter than you, and there will ALWAYS be someone thinner, so you need to stop comparing yourself to others because that is really bad for the self-confidence.

More encouragement for your size 14 self here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1102572/Happiness-having-size-14-figure.html
Re: A Size 14 by chic2pimp(m): 12:24am On Feb 20, 2010
Size 14 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

You are Fat, loose some weight wink
Re: A Size 14 by OgidiBoy(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2010
chic2pimp:

Size 14 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

You are Fat, loose some weight wink

That is such an insensitive statement. How do you sleep at night cry cry cry
Re: A Size 14 by chic2pimp(m): 12:33am On Feb 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

That is such an insensitive statement. How do you sleep at night cry cry cry
Piss off tongue
Someone needs to tell the lady the simple truth  grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by OgidiBoy(m): 12:45am On Feb 20, 2010
chic2pimp:

Piss off tongue
Someone needs to tell the lady the simple truth grin grin

Some dudes like fat chics so there tongue tongue tongue
Re: A Size 14 by chic2pimp(m): 12:55am On Feb 20, 2010
^^^^^
Are you calling her an orobo? grin grin

I'm also sure you meant Curvy chics wink
Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 1:45am On Feb 20, 2010
You guys should stop saying the girl is fat. Size 14 isn't fat.  shocked shocked It's not thin, but it's not fat. Sometimes when Nigerians say someone is fat, you have to take a second look and be like what?!?!  shocked shocked

The other day I was out and a woman said "please help me give this to that fat man there." I looked and it was a guy just built like a rugby player, I mean no way was he fat. It was like na wa o.
Re: A Size 14 by doyin13(m): 1:51am On Feb 20, 2010
Me I am a size 18. . .Does that make me fat? sad sad sad
Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 1:56am On Feb 20, 2010
doyin13:

Me I am a size 18. . .Does that make me fat?   sad sad sad

you've started! you're not serious!  cheesy  cheesy Size 18 is definitely on the big and juicy end of things which some may call fat, but I wouldn't even start saying fat yet. I've seen FAT and size 18, though approaching irrevocable fatness is not quite there yet. So no, in my opinion you're not fat yet.
Re: A Size 14 by doyin13(m): 2:02am On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

you've started! you're not serious!  cheesy  cheesy Size 18 is definitely on the big and juicy end of things which some may call fat, but I wouldn't even start saying fat yet. I've seen FAT and size 18, though approaching irrevocable fatness is not quite there yet. So no, in my opinion you're not fat yet.

hehehehehe. . . In that case, I better get to that box of apple pies.

Yummmmyyyyyyy. . . . . grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 2:05am On Feb 20, 2010
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! <shakes head> I think your head exploded yesterday! tongue
Re: A Size 14 by doyin13(m): 2:54am On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! <shakes head> I think your head exploded yesterday! tongue

Na wa. . you don't like apple pies? shocked shocked
Re: A Size 14 by chic2pimp(m): 3:03am On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

You guys should stop saying the girl is fat. Size 14 isn't fat. shocked shocked It's not thin, but it's not fat. Sometimes when Nigerians say someone is fat, you have to take a second look and be like what?!?! shocked shocked

The other day I was out and a woman said "please help me give this to that fat man there." I looked and it was a guy just built like a rugby player, I mean no way was he fat. It was like na wa o.
Stop lying and tell the lady the truth. She is one Fat Lady grin

Also on the rugby player thingy, some are fat,others are not(same with American football)
Re: A Size 14 by platinumnk(f): 3:19am On Feb 20, 2010
@op- in a land where most of the people are walking bones you dey come fore advice?

well if you dont like something, work at it, dont plunge in, take a lil at a time, and dont let a number determine who you are?

You should focus on being healthy not what you weigh.
Dress according to your shape more than anything else.
Re: A Size 14 by chic2pimp(m): 3:22am On Feb 20, 2010
platinumnk:

@op- in a land where most of the people are walking bones you dey come fore advice?

well if you dont like something, work at it, dont plunge in, take a lil at a time, and dont let a number determine who you are?

You should focus on being healthy not what you weigh.
Dress according to your shape more than anything else

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 3:23am On Feb 20, 2010
doyin13:

Na wa. . you don't like apple pies?  shocked shocked

Funnily enough, no!  cheesy

chic2pimp:

Stop lying and tell the lady the truth. She is one Fat Lady grin

Also on the rugby player thingy, some are fat,others are not(same with American football)

It's soooo mean to say to someone "you're fat!" sad  Especially when they're not really! There are people who are undeniably fat, but size 14 isn't unless maybe you're a small child or a midget.

This guy was NOT fat! Not even a bit. He just wasn't naija-guy thin (which can be quite thin, I've found), but like an Ugo Monye- type of rugby player. Or ok imagine a much taller Yakubu (who is a little big for a footballer at times but not like fat in real life). It's like for Nigerians if you're not skinny, then the next thing is you're fat, no in-between.
Re: A Size 14 by platinumnk(f): 3:24am On Feb 20, 2010
@op- this girl is a size 14.
Dont let Nobody tell you what you are. Focus on being healthy above all, fuckkk what other ppl say.

Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 3:25am On Feb 20, 2010
platinumnk:

@op- this girl is a size 14.
Dont let Nobody tell you what you are. Focus on being healthy above all, fuckkk what other ppl say.

God bless you, jare.
Re: A Size 14 by doyin13(m): 3:26am On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

It's soooo mean to say to someone "you're fat!" sad  Especially when they're not really! There are people who are undeniably fat, but size 14 isn't unless maybe you're a small child or a midget.

This guy was NOT fat! Not even a bit. He just wasn't naija-guy thin (which can be quite thin, I've found), but like an Ugo Monye- type of rugby player. Or ok imagine a much taller Yakubu (who is a little big for a footballer at times but not like fat in real life). It's like for Nigerians if you're not skinny, then the next thing is you're fat, no in-between.

All these rugby references are making me salivate oo,

Might there be rugby fans on nland.  shocked shocked shocked

Do you know your lock from a prop?

wink wink
Re: A Size 14 by OgidiBoy(m): 3:26am On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

I've already told him his so insensitive, I hope he takes an Ethics Training  class soon.
Re: A Size 14 by doyin13(m): 3:27am On Feb 20, 2010
hehehehehehehe. . .Tatase and Precious metal.

Me thinks you two doth protest a bit too much.

Might you be size 18's like moi.  grin grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 20, 2010

I thought this was size 14
Re: A Size 14 by OgidiBoy(m): 3:31am On Feb 20, 2010
FL Gators:

That's chubby cheesy
Re: A Size 14 by H2O2: 3:32am On Feb 20, 2010
Is there a congregation of fatimos here?

lol plat i see you
Re: A Size 14 by platinumnk(f): 3:33am On Feb 20, 2010
doyin13:

nope never been close to 18  smiley

FL Gators:

Is that supposed to be a joke?
What size 14s do you see her size at the least that would be a 18/20. and thats the least.
Seriously  
Re: A Size 14 by Tatase(f): 3:33am On Feb 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

[/b]

I've already told him his so insensitive, I hope he takes an Ethics Training  class soon.

I know!!!!!! I want to believe he's joking cos I know as a people, we Nigerians are not the most sensitive, but I mean. . . <shakes head>
doyin13:

Ay you've outed me!! Size 18 was many Mr. Biggs' donuts ago. In fact sef when I was a baby. I'm size 200 now. And growing bigger every minute. Waiting for my crane to move me from place to place.
I'm protesting for the OP because body self-esteem issues are tough, mehn, and are no joke to those dealing with them.
Re: A Size 14 by doyin13(m): 3:34am On Feb 20, 2010
But boy. . .I don't see anything wrong with size 14 at all.

No tirin gbeku in my radar abeg.

I need a lot of cushion for the pushy.

Oh crap. . . I forgot I am meant to be  an unpeeled banana. grin grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 20, 2010
@plat
oh, does my post look like it was a joke?

Then Google must have thought my search was a joke.

@ogidiboy
ehrrm that one pass chubby.
Re: A Size 14 by platinumnk(f): 3:37am On Feb 20, 2010
Anyways for real women here

This is my girl from the a , also a size 14
eat your hearts out . .  also a Nneka  grin

Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 20, 2010
doyin13:

But boy. . .I don't see anything wrong with size 14 at all.

No tirin gbeku in my radar abeg.

I need a lot of cushion for the pushy.

Oh crap. . . I forgot I am meant to be  an unpeeled banana. grin grin grin

Ashewo, nkan ti a n ri si ni ye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Lady's Make-up Transformation Photo Is Going Viral / Checkout This Complete Makeup Transformation (photo) / Freida Pinto always stylish simply effortless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.