Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen (756 Views)

2023: Fani Kayode Urges Igbo To Fight For Presidency / Dec Salary: Buhari Prevail On Dickson / Fani-kayode Urges Buhari To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by sarrki(m): 1:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Femi Fani-Kayode and President Muhammadu Buhari
Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

A former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode, has called on elder statesmen across the country to prevail on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign from office and attend to his health.

He said, “The strong and fearless Buhari Nigerians used to know would never be the same again.”

Debunking the allegation that Buhari chose to work from home because of the invasion of his office by rodents, the former minister said there was no way the Buhari that Nigerians used to know could have been chased away from his office by mere rats.

Fani-Kayode, who made the call in an interview with journalists in Abuja on Thursday, said, “I did say the President was not going back and I maintain that position. I have no apology for saying so because the Buhari we are seeing today is not the Buhari that we knew and saw before.

“The Buhari that we saw before was a man of courage, strength, hero of Chad and a man that we all respected and revered. He led our troops to Chad in 1979/1980 and gained a lot of ground.

“The Buhari that we knew before was a man that vied for the Presidency on three separate occasions, kept coming back and succeeded on the fourth attempt. He was a man of courage and strength; but the Buhari that came back is not the same man.

“Having been away for a 104 days; instead of standing his ground and taking care of his health, he scampered back the following morning because he couldn’t take the criticisms and the embarrassment before the international community. That is the new Buhari, not the old Buhari.”

Fani-Kayode said it was sad that Buhari could also not inspect the guard of honour mounted for him by the military at the airport when he arrived in the country, alleging also that Buhari could not afford to do a six-minute live broadcast to Nigerians when he arrived, but chose to do a recorded broadcast.

“The new Buhari arrived in Nigeria. We saw him alight from the plane, waved to the crowd, got on the podium and they played the national anthem but he didn’t have the strength and wherewithal to inspect the guard of honour that was mounted for him.

“That is the new Buhari. The following thing that happened was this: He promised Nigerians that he would do a live broadcast in which he would tell us a number of key issues but the new Buhari could not do a live broadcast.

“He did a recorded broadcast because he was too weak and feeble to do a live broadcast. And it didn’t stop there; the new Buhari could not go to his office because they claimed that rats and rodents have taken over the office,” he said, stressing that “the old Buhari would not run away from rats, the new Buhari does.

“Finally, a day after that, the Federal Executive Council, the most important that runs the affairs the nation, the new Buhari called off the weekly FEC meeting because he said he was receiving a report.

“Maybe the rats have penetrated the council chambers as well. The old Buhari has not come back and will never come back. This man is not well. It is not his fault and it’s nothing that anybody should gloat about.”

He, therefore, called on those that truly loved the President to tell him the truth by asking him to resign, go home and take care of himself.

He said those that hated him would encourage him until he relapsed and go back to London.

The former minister said that nobody prayed for the death of the President, but added that if Buhari were to be his father, he would have asked him to resign.

“The right and proper thing for any elder statesman to do is to call and demand for the resignation of President Buhari who is simply not well enough to run the affairs of the nation.

“I have nothing against him but when it is clear that the Lord Himself is sending a signal by all these signs and wonders. The last time I heard of rats pursuing people, I read about it in the Bible when Pharaoh was tormented by frogs, flies and various plaques.”

http://punchng.com/prevail-on-buhari-to-resign-fani-kayode-urges-elder-statesmen-2/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by Cyberdroid: 1:25am On Aug 25, 2017
FTC!!
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by CriticMaestro: 1:25am On Aug 25, 2017
Nigerians are not really bordered about ßuhari because there's really no competent person to lead this country, all we see are thieves trying to cut their share of the national cake....4ny country...is there any honest politician in this country? I remember when Amaechi said I don't like money. Dino Meleye toppled it by saying he had 8 degrees in including one from Harvard Lmao
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by MalcoImX: 1:27am On Aug 25, 2017
Bianca no love you, Chiwendu wan leave you, and Buhari wan reopen your corruption case. Hard luck buddy, as you'll have to bear your cross all alone.

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by sarrki(m): 1:36am On Aug 25, 2017
Cyberdroid:
FTC!!

Congratulations

FFK

Do you mean Pmb ?

I thought you said he dead and he can't return to Nigeria alive ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by Paperwhite(m): 1:40am On Aug 25, 2017
Nobody should bother him/herself to advice the president since he has refused to even listen to sound reasoning within him.No use flogging a dead horse.
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by kunlexy1759(m): 1:43am On Aug 25, 2017
FFK, u are just trying 2 be relevant. U are a thief!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by Tolexander: 1:54am On Aug 25, 2017
The only reason I don't give a damn furck about what comes outta FFK's putrid mouth is that, had he been called to serve in one of Buhari's port folio, he wouldn't lead the crusade on Buhari's resignation on the ground of his health. He would fight tooth and nail, anyone clamouring for the President's resignation.
If FFK is called today to serve in Buhari's cabinet, he will withdraw all his words.

But the truth be told, PMB should resign if he is not in his acting capacity health-wise.
If he dies today, Nigeria will still continue existing.

1 Like

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by motherfucker: 3:47am On Aug 25, 2017
CriticMaestro:
Nigerians are not really bordered about ßuhari because there's really no competent person to lead this country, all we see are thieves trying to cut their share of the national cake....4ny country...is there any honest politician in this country? I remember when Amaechi said I don't like money. Dino Meleye toppled it by saying he had 8 degrees in including one from Harvard Lmao

You are not serious. So Osibanjo is not competent? Go ride Buhari's corrk.
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by madridguy(m): 4:02am On Aug 25, 2017
grin grin grin The basket mouth with double mouth his really fighting hard to land a job under PMB. FFK, if you like wail from now till tomorrow Sai Baba won't offer you anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by sorom4: 4:14am On Aug 25, 2017
Sarrki the Hypocrite. I thought that you have changed your life for good; since I have not been seeing any of your comments on all RAT-INFESTED posts.

I never knew that your zombie dey shame for all those posts.
sarrki:

Congratulations

FFK

Do you mean Pmb ?

I thought you said he dead and he can't return to Nigeria alive ?

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by sarrki(m): 6:03am On Aug 25, 2017
sorom4:
Sarrki the Hypocrite. I thought that you have changed your life for good; since I have not been seeing any of your comments on all RAT-INFESTED posts.

I never knew that your zombie dey shame for all those posts.

Wailers are getting tired day by day

1 Like

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by Jj222(f): 6:18am On Aug 25, 2017
buhari n rat r like 5&6. he will die on dat aso rock. sick sick man. most foolish president in Nigeria history.
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Yes! So that EFCC can drop the charges against you filthy thief - omo ale jati-jati ikeji aja.

You're not in any way different from the Buhari you're always castigating.

Even your bastard father was a traitor and the fact that you raped your own mother makes you nothing less than a pig.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands. A petitioner who seeks equitable relief must be blameless.

Should Oduduwa Republic be realized, God willing, I will personally lead the mob that will lynch you & your albino wife & kid - Oloshii!

3 Likes

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by jumper524(m): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2017
sarrki:

He said, “The strong and fearless Buhari Nigerians used to know would never be the same again.”

so u know buhari's is strong and fearless now tell fayose and cownu there's a difference between insults, propaganda, noise making and bravery. strong men always appear gentle..
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by PassingShot(m): 7:32am On Aug 25, 2017
This frustrated idiot only impresses people of questionable character.

FFK is a broken record already.

The fact that PMB is not letting them off book of their court cases is the main reason they're wailing day and night.

The PMB I see now looks stronger than the PMB of about two weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by perez100: 7:34am On Aug 25, 2017
Any person who still believe there is justice and equity in Nigeria, may his teeth be as rotten and stinking as Tinubu's teeth. May his daughters be as dirty and smelling prostitutes as Afonja ladies. May his sons dominate skull mining sector like Afonja sons and vultures in human forms. May his father and mother be as fetish and adulterous as Afonja imbecilic ugly men and women.
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by CriticMaestro: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2017
motherfucker:

You are not serious. So Osibanjo is not competent? Go ride Buhari's corrk.
competent how? With them tinubu and Co influencing him? Rubbish
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by motherfucker: 8:01am On Aug 25, 2017
CriticMaestro:
competent how? With them tinubu and Co influencing him? Rubbish
Nope... The South has proven over time they have the wherewithal to handle the affairs of this country and the firs phase of his handover proved that he has the potential to do great things.

Let Buhari hand over to him fully... if you are supporting Buhair cos u are a Northerner, may your life be as usueless as that of an average Northerner and of course that's over 60% of the Northerner population, core North I mean.
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by CriticMaestro: 8:05am On Aug 25, 2017
motherfucker:
Nope... The South has proven over time they have the wherewithal to handle the affairs of this country and the firs phase of his handover proved that he has the potential to do great things.

Let Buhari hand over to him fully... if you are supporting Buhair cos u are a Northerner, may your life be as usueless as that of an average Northerner and of course that's over 60% of the Northerner population, core North I mean.
well ur Monika says it all
but what did the likes of obasanjo did for this country? I mean apart from looting it... Ignorimarus
Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by emmasege: 8:09am On Aug 25, 2017
He'd rather die in office than resign. It's almost becoming a norm for people from the north west region to die while in office.

Aja ti yo s'onu ko ni gbo fere olode (i.e. a stray dog never hears the whistle of its owner).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2017
mynd44 lalasticlala why do you guys keep deleting my comments? ipob abuse Buhari and apc daily, calling them all sorts of name.....yet no one removes their comments but whenever i refer to them as independent pigs of Biafra.....my comments would be removed.....thats double standard...Moreover, secessionist agenda has been outlawed on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Prevail On Buhari To Resign, Fani-kayode Urges Elder Statesmen by MalcoImX: 8:49am On Aug 25, 2017
motherfucker:

And you wouldn't want your life to be as useless as that of the baby factory mother, the Okija shrine priest, the Osu, the wawa, the Italian prostitute or the drug trafficking also-rich?

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Don’t Even Talk About Re-Arresting Nnamdi kanu Conduct PLEBISCITE To Ena / Aisha Buhari Wears N1.6m Dress To Welcome First Lady Of Uganda (photos) / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [19 September, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.