Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf (6241 Views)

Backbiting, Slandering And Amassing Of Wealth: Lessons From Surah Al Humazah / Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim / Lessons From Surah Falaq – Daybreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by obafemee80(m): 4:34am On Aug 25, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhYZWSo-Zg

https://quran.com/12

Surat Yusuf is the 12th surah(chapter) of the Holy Quran.It is said to have been revealed in a single sitting,being unique in this respect.
The text narrates the story of Yusuf(the biblical Joseph).While other surahs tend to jump between topics,this sura is special in sticking to its central theme throughout,telling a coherent story in chronological order.

The surah is Makki(sent down before the Hijra),revealed in the 10th year,the year of sadness,after the Prophet lost his beloved wife Khadija and uncle Abu Talib. He was also driven out of the town of Ta’if, and was feeling very sad due to the loss of his family and difficulties in the dawah. Allah sent down this beautiful surah to be a source of peace for Prophet Muhammad,as a reminder that look how many difficulties Yusuf faced and how he persevered through them.The surah is rare in how it is exclusively discussing one story,yet is probably one of the most exciting

1) Something miserable is better than disobeying Allah:

“O my Lord! Prison is more to my liking than that to which they invite me.Unless You turn away their plot from me,I will feel inclined towards them and be one of the ignorants.” (12:33)

2) Don’t be jealous:

Yaqub (as) said:

“O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers,lest they arrange a plot against you. Verily! Shaitan (Satan) is to man an open enemy! (12:5)

3) Never give up hope in Allah:

O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yusuf and his brother,and never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy.Certainly no one despairs of Allah’s Mercy,except the people who disbelieve.” (12:87)

4) Patience is beautiful,so be patient at all times:

This whole surah gives one example after an other of how Prophet Yusuf (as) showed patience.He was patient;

• while awaiting the fulfillment of his dream
• when his brothers abandoned him in the well
• when he was sold as a slave
• when the king’s wife accused him of seduction
• he continued to be patient when he was put in jail
• when his fellow inmate was released and forgot about him
• as the king of Egypt,he continued to be patient with his brothers’ slander.

5) Forgive:

Instead of being bitter and angry,Yusuf (as) chose to forgive.With all his power as a leader, he was in a position to take revenge,make life miserable for those that had brought misery into his.But he chose the sweetness of forgiveness instead.

He responded to his brothers with the following beautiful words:

No reproach on you this day, may Allah forgive you, and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy]!(12:92)

This is indeed one of the best story narrated to us in the Qur’an.May Allah allow us to extract all the gems from this Surah for as long as we live and continue to teach us how to be better Muslims through this Surah.Ameen

https://gildeddunya.com/2015/01/22/5-lessons-from-surah-yusuf/

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2017
True

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2017
You are right

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by FiftyFifty(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Educating! Thanks Op. Jumu'at Kareem to all Brothers & Sisters.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2017
Jumah Kareem

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by sulayman4u: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2017
Nice quote n reminder for all Muslims around the global world.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by aminu790(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Next one will be the lessons derived from Prophet Isah (Jesus) alaihi salatu wassalam insha Allah. May Peace and blessing of Allah be upon to the OP

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by NAMAS(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2017
Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah
Jumaat Mubarak

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by amodu(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2017
As to the much realization of the good acts embedded in this Surah, ability to engage in it is quite tasking requiring the Rahmah of Allah.

To settle for misery at the expense of known pleasure isn't an easy ado.

Exhibition of patience in the face of falsehood, defamation and the likes is an uphill task.

Absolute faith in Allah isn't a simple attainment.

Forgiveness to those that tormented you and very cruel to you is undoubtedly divine.

All in all, it is Allah Hazawajallah alone that can make it possible.

Shukran for this lessons Obafemee

8 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by IbBarham(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2017
Jazakallah khairan... jumat kareem

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Aldebaran(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Jazak Allahu Khayran

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by jamislaw(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Nice write up, JazakaLahu Khair.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by bolaji777: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2017
jumat Mubarak

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by AdlatWorld(m): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2017
May Allah Bless & Increase The Writer's Knowledge

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Gegz(m): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2017
obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhYZWSo-Zg

https://quran.com/12

Surat Yusuf is the 12th surah(chapter) of the Holy Quran.It is said to have been revealed in a single sitting,being unique in this respect.
The text narrates the story of Yusuf(the biblical Joseph).While other surahs tend to jump between topics,this sura is special in sticking to its central theme throughout,telling a coherent story in chronological order.

The surah is Makki(sent down before the Hijra),revealed in the 10th year,the year of sadness,after the Prophet lost his beloved wife Khadija and uncle Abu Talib. He was also driven out of the town of Ta’if, and was feeling very sad due to the loss of his family and difficulties in the dawah. Allah sent down this beautiful surah to be a source of peace for Prophet Muhammad,as a reminder that look how many difficulties Yusuf faced and how he persevered through them.The surah is rare in how it is exclusively discussing one story,yet is probably one of the most exciting

1) Something miserable is better than disobeying Allah:

“O my Lord! Prison is more to my liking than that to which they invite me.Unless You turn away their plot from me,I will feel inclined towards them and be one of the ignorants.” (12:33)

2) Don’t be jealous:

Yaqub (as) said:

“O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers,lest they arrange a plot against you. Verily! Shaitan (Satan) is to man an open enemy! (12:5)

3) Never give up hope in Allah:

O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yusuf and his brother,and never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy.Certainly no one despairs of Allah’s Mercy,except the people who disbelieve.” (12:87)

4) Patience is beautiful,so be patient at all times:

This whole surah gives one example after an other of how Prophet Yusuf (as) showed patience.He was patient;

• while awaiting the fulfillment of his dream
• when his brothers abandoned him in the well
• when he was sold as a slave
• when the king’s wife accused him of seduction
• he continued to be patient when he was put in jail
• when his fellow inmate was released and forgot about him
• as the king of Egypt,he continued to be patient with his brothers’ slander.

5) Forgive:

Instead of being bitter and angry,Yusuf (as) chose to forgive.With all his power as a leader, he was in a position to take revenge,make life miserable for those that had brought misery into his.But he chose the sweetness of forgiveness instead.

He responded to his brothers with the following beautiful words:

No reproach on you this day, may Allah forgive you, and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy]!(12:92)

This is indeed one of the best story narrated to us in the Qur’an.May Allah allow us to extract all the gems from this Surah for as long as we live and continue to teach us how to be better Muslims through this Surah.Ameen

https://gildeddunya.com/2015/01/22/5-lessons-from-surah-yusuf/

Jazakallahukhayr... May Allah help us copy this good virtues and imbibe them in our lives. Amen

3 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by afeez370(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.

[Quran 4:59]

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by MzQuinny(f): 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
Haqqun, jazakumulahu khaeran

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by muzari: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Jazakumullah khair

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by tee83: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
Aameen.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by whyx06(m): 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by bams2999(m): 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
ALLAH Abkar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Walexz02(m): 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nice post Thank you oo

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf by Walexz02(m): 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nice post Thank you oo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? / What's Ruqyah And How One Should Do It? / Eight Conditions Of Shahadah In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.